What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

I think the rabbits will bounce back v manly but my smokies are the raiders.

Beautifully chilled and composed side. They never panic, when things go wrong, they just let out a quiet sigh and get right back into it with twice the venom.

Marys idea of composure is frantically trying to find gus amongst the pokie machines at the rooty hill rsl.

There’s old Gus in the corner sipping on a warm Diet Coke, watching an old bloke losing and waiting to hop on afterwards with his $20 to jag a win.

He bumps into this creep along the way:

View attachment 33097

Mary bad, Ivan worse. Tigers forum: our contempt and dislike for ivan and his bus has no limits.

Nicholl Klockstadt, perhaps one of the best young players I’ve ever seen. Makes ponga seem like he’s on the weed!
I was on the Camberra train when I knew we would not play semi finals after Round 2....no only joking Round 7....reality Round 12
But if i was a Melb supporter....finally... they got dudded with quite a few calls...but I am so happy about it
The NRL did not want a repeat of last yerars GF. It would be a PR disaster

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I was on the Camberra train when I knew we would not play semi finals after Round 2....no only joking Round 7....reality Round 12
But if i was a Melb supporter....finally... they got dudded with quite a few calls...but I am so happy about it
The NRL did not want a repeat of last yerars GF. It would be a PR disaster

Back by popular demand, can we have another round of, 'Melbourne getting dudded' ........ please?
Once is a little ripper, twice is Christmas in September!

Who would of thought?
Melbourne going straight out!
Bellyache would absolutely blow up!
Well, we can only hope.

Good point though.

I couldn’t blame any player seeking a “Mary loading” of an extra 10% third party dodgy payments.

Hams and frozen chickens coming off the back of a truck in the middle of the night.

Wouldnt raise any suspicions down at win!

All the rage here in Sydney’s far west, with the exception of the odd angry shot from a turbocharged Datsun 180b just for the sake of it.

BLM01

First Grade
Nope...knew he would be playing off bench.@ Souths..not wanted...
86...Yes...we tried to sign him the year before which he rejected us the 1st time and signed for another year with Souths..initially..
But in the end not wanted at Souths for a hooker or maybe pack position?..but as with all players to come we got to add zeros's for them to play with the Mary factor and to gt him as our premium hooker
and we tried to sign Ben Hunt for the 2015 season but he rejected us back then to resign with the Broncos
Mary wanted Hunt from day dot
There is another one we had to add some zeros for the 2nd attempt

Gomarchin

Juniors
Good point though.

I couldn’t blame any player seeking a “Mary loading” of an extra 10% third party dodgy payments.

Hams and frozen chickens coming off the back of a truck in the middle of the night.

Wouldnt raise any suspicions down at win!

All the rage here in Sydney’s far west, with the exception of the odd angry shot from a turbocharged Datsun 180b just for the sake of it.
The 'Mary Loading' as opposed to the 'Bellamy' or 'Bennett' 10% discount to play under them.

And to think Mary is on a reported $800K per year - talk about paying double, the club is well and truly being fleeced.

86...Yes...we tried to sign him the year before which he rejected us the 1st time and signed for another year with Souths..initially..
But in the end not wanted at Souths for a hooker or maybe pack position?..but as with all players to come we got to add zeros's for them to play with the Mary factor and to gt him as our premium hooker
and we tried to sign Ben Hunt for the 2015 season but he rejected us back then to resign with the Broncos
Mary wanted Hunt from day dot
There is another one we had to add some zeros for the 2nd attempt

I recall the start of the year when mary exclaimed in a bold manner:

“ I finally have the team I want”

That included the Huntster, at the bargain price of $1.2m per year or $48,000 per game. $600 a minute, $10 per second.

That’s a fair Mary loading.

You can buy a couple of prime ministers for that and they’d play just as well.

The 'Mary Loading' as opposed to the 'Bellamy' or 'Bennett' 10% discount to play under them.

And to think Mary is on a reported $800K per year - talk about paying double, the club is well and truly being fleeced.

Apart from Mary himself, there’s the on cost of “value adding” by the pr machine crapping on about how great everything is.

I guess a player will make the sacrifice to do better than second last.

The titans don’t care as they’ve spent most of the year getting drunk. They got into plenty of fights and had a great time.

They still played better than sgi under Mary with bad hangovers and without an actual coach.

BLM01

First Grade
I recall the start of the year when mary exclaimed in a bold manner:

“ I finally have the team I want”

That included the Huntster, at the bargain price of $1.2m per year or $48,000 per game. $600 a minute, $10 per second.

That’s a fair Mary loading.

You can buy a couple of prime ministers for that and they’d play just as well.
Now besides what you hear Benny is not on 1.2 a year but all and sundry trying to tell Mary....Hunt could be a better 9...Mary stands tall.
Ben will always be a 7 when playing in my team....only because he would look stupid if hunt ends turning out to be a good regular 9 under different coaches

View attachment 33105
Gus turning up at The Gong to do his review into the footy side of the business .

Even if the Gusmeister reaches the decision that Mary is “not the best fit for the current crop of players” and that “he’s a good coach but the dynamics aren’t currently apparent,” in all likelihood the powers that be will respond with a “ we will take that on board” or a “we will wait to see what the balance of the review suggests”

The only realistic chance of the board changing its mind seems to be where it feels frightened and threatened. This can be delivered by members abandoning their posts ( for the moment) and sponsors threatening to pull out.

These last two groups will rely upon the mounting public pressure and momentum for their reasoning of which we are a part.

Jamie Soward and others have been courageous public voices for change.

BLM01

First Grade
Even if the Gusmeister reaches the decision that Mary is “not the best fit for the current crop of players” and that “he’s a good coach but the dynamics aren’t currently apparent,” in all likelihood the powers that be will respond with a “ we will take that on board” or a “we will wait to see what the balance of the review suggests”

The only realistic chance of the board changing its mind seems to be where it feels frightened and threatened. This can be delivered by members abandoning their posts ( for the moment) and sponsors threatening to pull out.

These last two groups will rely upon the mounting public pressure and momentum for their reasoning of which we are a part.

Jamie Soward and others have been courageous public voices for change.
Well I know its Brisbane and heaven forbid they have played crap for part of this year but finished 8th...
1 year of Siebold and they want him hung drawn and quartered and they have baited him in the media all year.
What about the public outcry from past players and the media etc etc about revirew from top to bottom, everything must change, sack these players, retire em blah blah
Dragon supporters only wish they same scrutiny and media fanfare for change is cast over our club
Imagine if Seibold was coming into his 6th or 7th year of similar failures endured by the Dragons
It just would not happen..so why have not the Dragons got the same non negotiable benchmarks and expectations.past 7th-8th.
I get that 1 city team bit with all the favourtism draws and owned by News Ltd blah blah blah but after what has happened you know the Broncs will make big changes and climb the ladder again
Meanwhile at Kogarah / Wollongong HQ they are just looking for next years salary

Spot on about Brisbane, a player gets a cough and the whole city has to wear those cold masks you see.

Since their illustrious 2019 finals campaign, child therapists are recommending parents keep their kids away from broncos matches.

I noticed old mate below, seems to have kid with him. Docs should be notified I think. The kid can follow a decent Sydney side like a post Mary sgi and wear the sky blue.

070CDD3E-750F-4AC3-9069-FD7AF8BB047B.jpeg

And it’s not missed on me that Gus’s former favourite pastime didn’t do much for the broncos, the night before the game.

B8EBF9D1-4950-44BE-9392-BB7DF480A317.jpeg

There’s nothing Mitchell Pearce wouldn’t have given to be caught Playing Queen of the Nile instead of Being videotaped pretending to roger a poodle thing after trying to pick up a real flesh and blood female.

You’d think he’d murdered Santa with the carry on afterwards.

What a beat up for the broncs players ffs.

But they must have all lost badly. Went from 20c a spin to $2 on 25 lines, win it back perhaps by throwing the game by an impossible margin. But they are essentially Queenslanders and too thick to recover their losses so promptly.

Off to rehab for the broncs ...and they can take Mary with them.

Last edited:
Spot on about Brisbane, a player gets a cough and the whole city has to wear those cold masks you see.

Since their illustrious 2019 finals campaign, child therapists are recommending parents keep their kids away from broncos matches.

I noticed old mate below, seems to have kid with him. Docs should be notified I think. The kid can follow a decent Sydney side like a post Mary sgi and wear the sky blue.

View attachment 33117

And it’s not missed on me that Gus’s former favourite pastime didn’t do much for the
View attachment 33118

There’s nothing Mitchell Pearce wouldn’t have given to be caught Playing Queen of the Nile instead of Being videotaped pretending to roger a poodle thing after trying to pick up a real flesh and blood female.

You’d think he’d murdered Santa with the carry on afterwards.

What a beat up for the broncs players ffs.

But they must have all lost badly. Went from 20c a spin to $2 on 25 lines, win it back perhaps by throwing the game by an impossible margin. But they are essentially Queenslanders and too thick to recover their losses so promptly.

Off to rehab for the broncs ...and they can take Mary with them.

I'm surprised the end of season review has taken this long to confirm he's garbage.

They must be looking to extend........

No doubt the ball boys are facing hours on the treadmill.

Here is the outcome on the eve of the charity shield, after 3000 pages and being signed off by Gus and a retired former High Court Justice:

“ And so the board concludes that the only amendment required to bring about substantive and meaningful improvements in the squads performance is to replace Danny the Dragon.”