What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Robbie 12

Juniors
Hi guys , I heard that jack bird is on the market for 2020 should we throw some money at him ...his 24 yrs ...we need a decent fullback ..would he play fullback ?

Or who would be a decent fullback available....for 2020....sorry but I don't rate any of the fullbacks we have had this year

Travitoh

First Grade
Hi guys , I heard that jack bird is on the market for 2020 should we throw some money at him ...his 24 yrs ...we need a decent fullback ..would he play fullback ?

Or who would be a decent fullback available....for 2020....sorry but I don't rate any of the fullbacks we have had this year

I'd give Doueihi a chance to make the spot his own. I've liked his game a lot in the 1 and deserves to be given the opportunity to make the position his own in preseason.

handyman2190

Bench

Forget it he is penrith bound,also injury prone and def not good value,bad buy and i pity penrith

Robbie 12

Juniors
I'd give Doueihi a chance to make the spot his own. I've liked his game a lot in the 1 and deserves to be given the opportunity to make the position his own in preseason.

Yeah well he really needs to start reading the plays in front of him ...as an experienced fullback knows when to run the ball when to back up your 5/8 and hooker .. when running at the line when to draw and pass ...( he lacks this skill a lot ) when in defence to understand not to stand in the line on your own goal .. to understand that he is the last line in defence and that you shouldnt be in line defending your tryline.....following with the oppositions dominant half when defending your own try line ... sorry but I’ll be looking for an experienced fullback maybe someone Adam can learn off ...he hasnt learnt the position coming throw the grades ... Corey Allen hasn’t lived up to expectations either

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah well he really needs to start reading the plays in front of him ...as an experienced fullback knows when to run the ball when to back up your 5/8 and hooker .. when running at the line when to draw and pass ...( he lacks this skill a lot ) when in defence to understand not to stand in the line on your own goal .. to understand that he is the last line in defence and that you shouldnt be in line defending your tryline.....following with the oppositions dominant half when defending your own try line ... sorry but I’ll be looking for an experienced fullback maybe someone Adam can learn off ...he hasnt learnt the position coming throw the grades ... Corey Allen hasn’t lived up to expectations either

An experienced fullback to learn from like GI?
Doueihi wasn't even considered as a 1 at the start of the season and has gone on to be our best option there.
Give him a preseason working with GI and see where that gets him.
It's not like there is a standout option on the market.

Mr Spock!

Referee
An experienced fullback to learn from like GI?
Doueihi wasn't even considered as a 1 at the start of the season and has gone on to be our best option there.
Give him a preseason working with GI and see where that gets him.
It's not like there is a standout option on the market.
Looked really dangerous tonight.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I really like Doueihi at number 1 as well probably more so than AJ in just his short time back there. He looks just as comfortable at fullback as he did at 5/8th. He really is the running, tackle breaking fullback we’ve been missing since GI was there. Just like with the running dummy half we need fullback who isn’t scared to run the ball back hard. Doueihi like cook seems to suit our play style better.

callmack1

Staff member
It appears Jimmy the Jet's injury from Friday is a bad cut to the hand. Hopefully he'll be okay for next week!

Nortonuser

Juniors
I think he has done a great job considering the variety of positions he has filled in at.

callmack1

Staff member
League legends don’t want players sin-binned for a slap. But this is why the rule exists: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8c00931fb5526486b28a9e1247364a49

Also, interesting rumour about Gagai from the Lurker today,

Boat shoe brigade eye off Dane Gagai

Still on possible rugby union moves, and there’s word around the traps that Souths utility back Dane Gagai is being lured to the 15-a-side game.

Several cashed-up European teams have been shown video of Gagai at his best and like what they see.

The speedster is under contract to the Bunnies for next season but the club is likely to grant him a release - if he gets the deal he wants in the northern hemisphere.

handyman2190

Bench
League legends don’t want players sin-binned for a slap. But this is why the rule exists: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8c00931fb5526486b28a9e1247364a49

Also, interesting rumour about Gagai from the Lurker today,

Boat shoe brigade eye off Dane Gagai

Still on possible rugby union moves, and there’s word around the traps that Souths utility back Dane Gagai is being lured to the 15-a-side game.

Several cashed-up European teams have been shown video of Gagai at his best and like what they see.

The speedster is under contract to the Bunnies for next season but the club is likely to grant him a release - if he gets the deal he wants in the northern hemisphere.
I wouldnt mind if he left 700 for latrell

Travitoh

First Grade
I wouldnt mind if he left 700 for latrell

I'd be happy with Burns, Graham and Roberts plus whoever is coming through the system tbh. Latrell is very good when he's on but very bad when he isn't, which is more often than it should be for that kind of coin imo.

callmack1

Staff member
Brydens Lawyers Injury Report - Finals Week 3: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/09/24/brydens-injury-report---finals-week-3/

No mention of Murray in that report but hopefully both him and the Jet are allgood.

The Jet grounded - James Roberts’ injury could force Bunnies backline shuffle for Raiders Prelim: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/df9e8b2aebccfefb9aec42029d3577ed

Rabbitohs' stars James Roberts Cameron Murray in doubt for Preliminary Final: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...ry-final/1527e5fe-16d6-4c76-b53c-985b64bdbdfc

callmack1

Staff member
$810 million redevelopment plans for ANZ Stadium revealed: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/faad941a6db9374b97c7f3fced0ba6aa

Here's an update on the Luke Thompson situation, doesn't sound like we'll get him sadly.

Exile Files - Ex-NRL bad boy secures big switch, clubs circle premiership Shark: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/95c4b247b840944030edd85b1a888e89

Also, from the Lurker, hopefully it's bullshit,

Rumblings at Redfern

All is not well at South Sydney in the lead-up to the massive grand final qualifier against the Raiders.

I’m hearing controversial forward Sam Burgess is fuming that the Rabbitohs’ general manager of football - Shane Richardson - apologised for his now infamous ‘Kangaroo court’ tirade at the NRL judiciary.

And Big Sam’s mood didn’t get any better when the NRL hauled him in for a chat, forced him to apologise and hit him with a suspended $10,000 fine.

Burgess - and most players and fans for that matter - believe the judiciary and match review panel are flawed and inconsistent.

But being forced to retract his comments has Sam seeing red in the build-up to Friday night’s huge game.

Latest posts