What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
$810 million redevelopment plans for ANZ Stadium revealed: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/faad941a6db9374b97c7f3fced0ba6aa

Here's an update on the Luke Thompson situation, doesn't sound like we'll get him sadly.

Exile Files - Ex-NRL bad boy secures big switch, clubs circle premiership Shark: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/95c4b247b840944030edd85b1a888e89

Also, from the Lurker, hopefully it's bullshit,

Rumblings at Redfern

All is not well at South Sydney in the lead-up to the massive grand final qualifier against the Raiders.

I’m hearing controversial forward Sam Burgess is fuming that the Rabbitohs’ general manager of football - Shane Richardson - apologised for his now infamous ‘Kangaroo court’ tirade at the NRL judiciary.

And Big Sam’s mood didn’t get any better when the NRL hauled him in for a chat, forced him to apologise and hit him with a suspended $10,000 fine.

Burgess - and most players and fans for that matter - believe the judiciary and match review panel are flawed and inconsistent.

But being forced to retract his comments has Sam seeing red in the build-up to Friday night’s huge game.

Fake news. The boys are laughing about it on Instagram. God the Lurker talks some serious shit.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Fake news. The boys are laughing about it on Instagram. God the Lurker talks some serious shit.
The Lurker publishes a lot of fake news. It was the Lurker that started all the GI fighting with teammates news at the beginning of the year. First Cody and then AJ. Is the Lurker Brent Read? I saw him lurking around the Rabbitohs dressing sheds after last week’s game!

CAFPOW

Juniors
So we're losing GI, Sutton, Gurgess, Tracey, Britt (they're the ones I know of).

So who's coming in?

OUT: Britt, Brittain, Gagan, Hiroti, Turner and maybe Dillon and Sironen

IN: Dargan, Gebbie, Goodwin, Johns?, Marsters and Paulo

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Sua, allen, and bennett in fafitas ear, best thing could of happened bird not being picked up, they need money for a 7 and maybe a 6 fafita may be sacrificed ,the players up there are not happy,even oates may not be resigned

Mr Spock!

Referee
Sua, allen, and bennett in fafitas ear, best thing could of happened bird not being picked up, they need money for a 7 and maybe a 6 fafita may be sacrificed ,the players up there are not happy,even oates may not be resigned
Bennett won't spend big money on a winger....

I doubt Easts and Melbourne do either.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Allen was disappointing last night.

Two crucial errors led to Raiders tries.

A fullback shouldn't be letting high kicks bounce.

Travitoh

First Grade
Allen was disappointing last night.

Two crucial errors led to Raiders tries.

A fullback shouldn't be letting high kicks bounce.

Allan has been disappointing all season imo. Yes he's still young but he hasn't shown any of the promise that was suggested 12 months ago.

Travitoh

First Grade
Just to look ahead, round 1 2020 could currently line up

1 Doueihi
2 AJ
3 Roberts
4 Burns/Graham
5 Gagai
6 Cody
7 Reynolds
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Knight
11 Lowe
12 Sua
13 Murray

14 Sironen
15 Tom
16 Tatola
17 Amone

Not a bad line up imo.
With GI, George and Turner off the books, there's opportunity to strengthen too should the right player become available.

handyman2190

Bench

1 Doueihi
2 AJ
3 Roberts
4 Burns/Graham
5 Gagai
6 Cody
7 Reynolds
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Knight
11 Lowe
12 Sua
13 Murray

14 Sironen
15 Tom
16 Tatola
17 Amone

Not a bad line up imo.
With GI, George and Turner off the books, there's opportunity to strengthen too should the right player become available.
I dont think gagai will be with us next season, if he goes oates at 200k less may fit the bill, leaves 200k towards another back.

callmack1

Staff member
People on other forums claim we're gonna make some very big signings. I can't see it happening though.

Travitoh

First Grade
People on other forums claim we're gonna make some very big signings. I can't see it happening though.

I'm not expecting big signings but this is the first offseason for a while that Souths have had cap room to play with. I feel there'll be some good signings.

Crowe

Juniors

1 Doueihi
2 AJ
3 Roberts
4 Burns/Graham
5 Gagai
6 Cody
7 Reynolds
8 Sam
9 Cook
10 Knight
11 Lowe
12 Sua
13 Murray

14 Sironen
15 Tom
16 Tatola
17 Amone

Not a bad line up imo.

For mine Lowe is a depth player.
He is easily handled and he doesn’t have an offload.
We need Sua to have a big preseason.

Latest posts