What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony Gigot

BLM01

First Grade
It could be a plan which may succeed or may not for the reasons you state. At the end of the day Millward caused the mess by extending Aitken and Lafai long term rather than short term even after their previous season was nothing special.

So in the end Millward can rectify the situation by ridding the club of these two centres by off-loading them without compensation or he can accept the mess and take responsibility for these over-priced reserve graders.
Stop leaving Mary out of the equation when it comes to who comes, goes or extends.
It is not Millward's team it is Mary's I can guarantee that much.
Millwards got to do his best with money available and Yes him and some of his scouts have made poor recommendations in regards tp depth and fringe signings it seems but with limited cap space so Mary has the side he wants it aint easy.
Heres one for you... Maranta was wanted by Mary....not targeted by Millward, But we had SFA to spend at the time

possm

Coach
Stop leaving Mary out of the equation when it comes to who comes, goes or extends.
It is not Millward's team it is Mary's I can guarantee that much.
Millwards got to do his best with money available and Yes him and some of his scouts have made poor recommendations in regards tp depth and fringe signings it seems but with limited cap space so Mary has the side he wants it aint easy.
Heres one for you... Maranta was wanted by Mary....not targeted by Millward, But we had SFA to spend at the time
Sorry, it is obvious you have better knowledge of the inner workings of SGI than I do. Please tell Me:
  • What did Millward spend Dugan's 750k salary on?
  • How was Macdonald's salary cap spent?
  • What happened with Nightingales salary cap?

Remember, Dufty for Dugan, Pearson for Macdonald and Ravalawa for Nightingale. Seems to me a bunch of money was wasted on Norman and Maranta. Or do you know the real facts?

What I do know is that Millward came out claim the credit for Norman's signing, Pearson's signing and Ravalawa's signing. Mary prioritised Dufty over Field - Millward's announced preferred option for fullback,

Maranta is not worth a mention except to say, I trust he won't be at SGI in 2020.

BLM01

First Grade
Sorry, it is obvious you have better knowledge of the inner workings of SGI than I do. Please tell Me:
  • What did Millward spend Dugan's 750k salary on?
  • How was Macdonald's salary cap spent?
  • What happened with Nightingales salary cap?

Remember, Dufty for Dugan, Pearson for Macdonald and Ravalawa for Nightingale. Seems to me a bunch of money was wasted on Norman and Maranta. Or do you know the real facts?

What I do know is that Millward came out claim the credit for Norman's signing, Pearson's signing and Ravalawa's signing. Mary prioritised Dufty over Field - Millward's announced preferred option for fullback,

Maranta is not worth a mention except to say, I trust he won't be at SGI in 2020.
Point 1. Ben Hunt, widdop upgrade..Dugan left 2 years ago
Point 2. Resigning and upgrading Dufty, then Rav, Pearson, Maranta and anyone else we bought, upgraded or extended for the 2019 to fill the 28 players we had + JDB + late signing of Kaufusi
McDonald would not have been brought to us on big money anyway.
Point 3. Nighty's salary was not a large hunk of the cap due to his tenure at the club and discounts to cap offered.
BTW..I have no knowledge of salaries or inner sanctums as you put it.
Just OK on maths and put 2 and 2 together to get 3, 4 or 6 and sometimes apply commonsense.
Millward does not come out and claim credit for anything. St George media just interview him every time there is a signing and no one else as the head of everything recruitment.
When Mary feels like he fronts the camera only.
Millward is wrong re Field and you are right re Maranta
Does that alleviate your concerns?. Enjoy the footy tnite Possm

possm

Coach
Point 1. Ben Hunt, widdop upgrade..Dugan left 2 years ago
Point 2. Resigning and upgrading Dufty, then Rav, Pearson, Maranta and anyone else we bought, upgraded or extended for the 2019 to fill the 28 players we had + JDB + late signing of Kaufusi
McDonald would not have been brought to us on big money anyway.
Point 3. Nighty's salary was not a large hunk of the cap due to his tenure at the club and discounts to cap offered.
BTW..I have no knowledge of salaries or inner sanctums as you put it.
Just OK on maths and put 2 and 2 together to get 3, 4 or 6 and sometimes apply commonsense.
Millward does not come out and claim credit for anything. St George media just interview him every time there is a signing and no one else as the head of everything recruitment.
When Mary feels like he fronts the camera only.
Millward is wrong re Field and you are right re Maranta
Does that alleviate your concerns?. Enjoy the footy tnite Possm
You probably need to do more research on the above.

I won't be able to enjoy the footy until I see the back of those hell bent on destroying our club. These goons are their for self interest only and so, as far as I'm concerned, the sooner they are shown the door the better. All of our problems are self inflicted and the SGI management are the cause of the problems.

BBTB

Juniors
You probably need to do more research on the above.

I won't be able to enjoy the footy until I see the back of those hell bent on destroying our club. These goons are their for self interest only and so, as far as I'm concerned, the sooner they are shown the door the better. All of our problems are self inflicted and the SGI management are the cause of the problems.
Yes, that is the major
problem with this poorly run organization. Seems to be, the boy's club is
Skating on thin ice.
Hopefully it's not long
before they, take a bath.

possm

Coach
Tony Gigot and Nene Macdonald could rejuvenate the St George-Illawarra Dragons in 2020.

Who knows we may strike it lucky with these two players but I doubt it. We need to shed Aitkin and Lafai and find a player to partner Lomax in the centres as well. Maybe Pereira, Pearson or Ravalawa at left centre if we truly are out of salary cap.

redVinme

Bench
Who knows we may strike it lucky with these two players but I doubt it. We need to shed Aitkin and Lafai and find a player to partner Lomax in the centres as well. Maybe Pereira, Pearson or Ravalawa at left centre if we truly are out of salary cap.

Well there are at least whispers we are in for bird so there must be some cap space.

I'd rather not go after bird though. I'd rather nene and Curtis Scott. I have a feeling with time Sailor just may go OK. Paps from storm is dufs size and kills it and Sailor doesn't get flung around like Duff. With big wingers he may be an option if we can't go after a top flight fb.

Sailor
Saab
Lomax
Scott
Nene

That'd do me for next year and is viable

ALSGI

Bench
Recent test drive - Peugeot looked great inside and out - drove like shit.

Didn’t try the Renault as it was a rebadged Nissan.

Citroen.......didn’t bother trying after I learned about the first two.

There’s a reason the French cars don’t sell much down under.

There’s probably also a reason Frogs don’t play much NRL.

Caine Toads on the other hand, which originate from South America, where some BMW’s are built nowadays......

I’d give the Gigot(Frog) a miss for a Munster (Caine Toad) any day.

I’ve watched a little bit of Gigot in Super League and from what I’ve seen he’s the type of player who always puts in and is a super competitor who doesn’t stop. Plenty of Aussies have played with him at Catalans who must be in a position to know his true caliber so you can expect he has come recommended by somebody in the know. One thing Saints fans wouldn’t have to worry about is his willingness to put his body on the line in attack or defence. At his best he has flair and creativity with the ball with a strong support game, as all good fullbacks should. SL players either tend to be big hits or misses but if the club hasn’t got a lot of money to spend It’s not the worst idea.

possm

Coach
I’ve watched a little bit of Gigot in Super League and from what I’ve seen he’s the type of player who always puts in and is a super competitor who doesn’t stop. Plenty of Aussies have played with him at Catalans who must be in a position to know his true caliber so you can expect he has come recommended by somebody in the know. One thing Saints fans wouldn’t have to worry about is his willingness to put his body on the line in attack or defence. At his best he has flair and creativity with the ball with a strong support game, as all good fullbacks should. SL players either tend to be big hits or misses but if the club hasn’t got a lot of money to spend It’s not the worst idea.
So if Gigot is coming and Aitken and Lafai are staying, it must be that Lomax is a winger in Mary's eyes so he is off to the Roosters along with Frizell.

Hopefully it won’t matter who is in what position in Mary’s eyes after December. You’d like to think any worthwhile assistant wouldn’t tolerate Aitken’s tendencies to run in and come up with fresh air every time! But Gigot coming is only a rumour at this stage. There’s also talk of Dugan returning. You wouldn’t think buying both of them is a good idea, given they play largely fullback and centre. That would crowd out the likes of Lomax and Sailor. Anyway, just wanted to point out that Gigot is a good player in SL at least. Catalans put a good deal on the table for him which he has reportedly knocked back.

Latest posts