What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinghippo

Juniors
2003 haha

But seriously with what happened last off season with the way women were treated it would be ridiculous to sign Walker. I'm no white knight but it would be spitting in the face of all female members
We all have strong feelings about domestic violence but the guy has been found not guilty in the courts.
Obviously society has judged him differently but I don’t think it’s an insult to women to sign him.
It would be an insult to not dismiss May instantly if he is found guilty but clubs shouldn’t judge people on popular opinion.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Rising young Penrith hooker Wayde Egan is in the sights of the New Zealand Warriors, with the club showing the young number nine their facilities this week in a bid to lure him over the Tasman.
With the impending arrival of experienced Sea Eagles hooker Api Koroisau, the Panthers have informed 20-year-old Egan he is free to look for another club, despite re-signing with his junior club earlier in the year.
The Australian's Brent Read told Sporting News'Ready's Round-Up, the Warriors have shown strong interest in Egan as they look for a long-term replacement for outgoing number nine Issac Luke.
"Obviously they've (Penrith) signed Api Koroisau for next year, and they've got plenty of hookers on their books," Read said.
"Wayde Egan, to my understanding, was over in New Zealand this week to have a look around the Warriors.
"They need a hooker, they haven't renewed a deal for Issac Luke so Wayde Egan is their priority at the moment.
"They've shown him around their headquarters, they've given him their pitch and they've got to wait and see if they get him."
After Penrith finished the season in 11th with one of the worst attacking percentages in the competition, coach Ivan Cleary is reportedly looking to turn over his roster ahead of the 2020 season.
Despite having a strong season in a side that struggled, the recruitment of a premiership-winning hooker in Koroisau will limit Egan's game time in the senior side, Read revealed.
"Wayde Egan wants to play first grade," Read said.
"He's played enough first grade to realise he's a decent first grader now.
"If he can go over to the Warriors and get himself an improved deal it's probably a no brainer.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-rising-panthers-hooker-wayde-egan/ar-AAHvChY

Panther Mick

Juniors
From the Western Weekender.

* The Panthers have reportedly pulled out of negotiations with Tiger Ryan Matterson and the Broncos Jack Bird.

OldPanther

Coach
Rising young Penrith hooker Wayde Egan is in the sights of the New Zealand Warriors, with the club showing the young number nine their facilities this week in a bid to lure him over the Tasman.
With the impending arrival of experienced Sea Eagles hooker Api Koroisau, the Panthers have informed 20-year-old Egan he is free to look for another club, despite re-signing with his junior club earlier in the year.
The Australian's Brent Read told Sporting News'Ready's Round-Up, the Warriors have shown strong interest in Egan as they look for a long-term replacement for outgoing number nine Issac Luke.
"Obviously they've (Penrith) signed Api Koroisau for next year, and they've got plenty of hookers on their books," Read said.
"Wayde Egan, to my understanding, was over in New Zealand this week to have a look around the Warriors.
"They need a hooker, they haven't renewed a deal for Issac Luke so Wayde Egan is their priority at the moment.
"They've shown him around their headquarters, they've given him their pitch and they've got to wait and see if they get him."
After Penrith finished the season in 11th with one of the worst attacking percentages in the competition, coach Ivan Cleary is reportedly looking to turn over his roster ahead of the 2020 season.
Despite having a strong season in a side that struggled, the recruitment of a premiership-winning hooker in Koroisau will limit Egan's game time in the senior side, Read revealed.
"If he can go over to the Warriors and get himself an improved deal it's probably a no brainer.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-rising-panthers-hooker-wayde-egan/ar-AAHvChY

It makes sense to chase the money and game time. Guess it depends on whether he goes for that or taking more time to develop here.

From the Western Weekender.

* The Panthers have reportedly pulled out of negotiations with Tiger Ryan Matterson and the Broncos Jack Bird.

Honestly not surprised. Matterson wants big $ and Bird is a risk due to his health and lack of game time.

franklin2323

Immortal
2003 haha

But seriously with what happened last off season with the way women were treated it would be ridiculous to sign Walker. I'm no white knight but it would be spitting in the face of all female members

I agree but what has he been actually found guilty of? I have more of an issue him compared too Packer or those found guilty of DUI. Actual criminals shouldn't be in the game

Panther Mick

Juniors
Honestly not surprised. Matterson wants big $ and Bird is a risk due to his health and lack of game time.

I agree.
I think we had interest in both until other parties drove up the price. Maybe the other suitors drop off a target we are serious for, or they have to release someone to make salary cap space - then we strike.

MrBlack

Juniors
I agree but what has he been actually found guilty of? I have more of an issue him compared too Packer or those found guilty of DUI. Actual criminals shouldn't be in the game

For me its case by case.

By your logic, players like Matagi and Manu Mau (actual criminals) should never have played NRL. Yet these players use their profile to showcase how you can turn your life around.

Walker, has had his day in court and was not found guilty, so let him play. If he was found guilty we wouldn't be having this discussion.

De Belin and May (if found guilty) will be rubbed out. Marked never to play again.

For me its case by case.

By your logic, players like Matagi and Manu Mau (actual criminals) should never have played NRL. Yet these players use their profile to showcase how you can turn your life around.

Walker, has had his day in court and was not found guilty, so let him play. If he was found guilty we wouldn't be having this discussion.

De Belin and May (if found guilty) will be rubbed out. Marked never to play again.

Won’t need to rub out De Belin if he’s found guilty, only footy team he’ll be playing for is the Long Bay XIII

franklin2323

Immortal
For me its case by case.

I have no issue if any of those guys never played again

Panther Mick

Juniors
Ramien still in play

Michael Chammis on NRL.com hints the Sharks may even move on Fifita to create space.

The Sharks have insisted Graham is off-limits, despite their need to shed players after bringing Jesse Ramien back to the club.

However, the Sharks will consider releasing a host of other big-name players if the right offer comes along, including prop Andrew Fifita.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/26/the-get-out-clause-in-seibolds-broncos-contract/

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Michael Chammis on NRL.com hints the Sharks may even move on Fifita to create space.

The Sharks have insisted Graham is off-limits, despite their need to shed players after bringing Jesse Ramien back to the club.

However, the Sharks will consider releasing a host of other big-name players if the right offer comes along, including prop Andrew Fifita.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/26/the-get-out-clause-in-seibolds-broncos-contract/

Fifita is a massive tool. But he’s also a great player and forward leader.

MugaB

Coach
Ramien still in play

ZomboMeme 13082019091115.jpg

Hahaha i told you this would be happening, sharks stupid buys last year have now put pressure on their salary cap, they could easily free up space if they leave their team as is, but without wade graham, any club would pay 800+ for him, at least for a season or 2. Sharks=Dumb,
Just come home Wado

Zampaa

Juniors

My grandparents saw Egan and Cartwright on Tuesday in Penrith, so who knows how accurate this story is.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Penrith are considering a bid to lure Alex Glenn to the foot of the mountains as they desperately try to add some leadership to their young pack.

Despite Broncos coach Anthony Seibold admitting last month the club had offered Glenn a two-year contract extension, the 31-year-old remains without a deal for 2020.
Glenn was on about $400,000 this season, but has been asked to take a 50 per cent pay cut for next year.

The Panthers have made inquiries about the 259-game veteran, who has enjoyed the switch from the back row to the centres.
Penrith have also been linked to Dylan Walker, who remains without a deal at Manly, but the Panthers do not have enough room in their cap to accommodate him.

Glenn would love to remain a one-club player and get the chance to reach 300 games.

Penrith, however, have lost James Maloney to the UK Super League and know they need some calm heads in their side moving forward. Experienced hooker Api Koroisau has already signed for next year.

James Tamou and Dean Whare are the only other senior players of note at the club, which was widely expected to push for the premiership this year.

At the start of the year, Penrith were nearly $1 million over the cap for 2020, but have since moved on Waqa Blake and Reagan Campbell-Gillard, while Maloney leaves for Catalans in a few months, even though former general manager Phil Gould never expected the playmaker to fulfil the final year of his three-year contract.

The Panthers have three spots to fill on their roster and a senior centre is at the top of their hit-list.

A host of centres are expected to be available in the coming months with Melbourne expected to offer little resistance if Will Chambers and Curtis Scott strike deals elsewhere.
Tyrone Peachey played his best football at Penrith, but is on more than $500,000 a season at the Gold Coast and the Panthers cannot afford to pay him that sort of money.

Josh Morris is another top-shelf centre who returned to the Origin arena this year and, with only one year remaining on his Cronulla contract, is likely to be open to a two-year deal from a rival club. The Sharks are desperate to re-sign Jesse Ramien, but cannot do so until they move on at least one outside back.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...ey-search-for-leadership-20190926-p52vah.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts