What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

i-do-not-always-know-what-i-want-but-i-22226218.png

And so do I.
I don't want Mary and I don't want Flanno.

For the record, I love the idea of Flanagan as head coach. But I can see only two outcomes with him as assistant:

1. Despite the coaching hierarchy (so laughable that Mary is above him), Flanno manages to bring a level of success to the club (bearing in mind the very low threshold our board considers to be success) whereby Mary is afforded the credit and sees out the remaining two years of his contract; or
2. The team continues to struggle, the board finally comes to its senses and sacks Mary but Flanno can't be promoted to the head role.

We will never, ever win the title under Mary and there's no scope for Flanno to replace him before 2022. Why is this board incapable of making astute decisions for the long term success of the club?

It's just a f#*king mess.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
just wondering who Shane Flanagan could attract to our club ...do you think he has a good relationship with guys likes andrew Fifita or even Valentine Holmes ...we could do with a tough front rower and a gun fullback/centre ..hope he can attract players to our club because obviously Mary can't .

Answer: S. Dank.

Actually, McIdiot has demonstrated he CAN attract players (eg. Sims’ brothers, Vaughan, Hunt and Graham), but the problem is that the club has to pay massive “overs”. Of course, the last example of this dreadful decision making is Corey Norman.

Walpole

Juniors
I'm surprised this seems to have appeased so many people. Maybe the board has got the fans worked out.

He's an assistant. If the team does well Mary will remain coach. If they don't it's either Flanagans fault and they sack him, or Mary gets the flick and Dean Young becomes coach because Flanagan can't have the job anyway.

This was not the way to go for real change.

RedVDave

First Grade
just wondering who Shane Flanagan could attract to our club ...do you think he has a good relationship with guys likes andrew Fifita or even Valentine Holmes ...we could do with a tough front rower and a gun fullback/centre ..hope he can attract players to our club because obviously Mary can't .
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today (ah ah ah)
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

Frank Facer

First Grade
He does have a good relationship with Fifita. I remember hearing/reading Fifita praising him he also had engraved on his 2018 dally M prop of the year award "To Flanno, thankyou for bringing out the best in me on and off the field". Flanno has also praised Fifita on numerous occasions, so they obviously have a good relationship. Before it was announced today that Flanno is going to be our assistant coach, one or two on this site have said that Flanno will or may bring Fifita to Saints.

As for Holmes, I am not sure of his relationship with Flanno. I think someone said that it was a very good. I am hoping that we do sign Holmes and Fifita. With the addition of those 2, we would be getting close to a team that could challenge for a premiership.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Love to see us move on Ben hunt and sign his son a lot cheaper and a very good game manager I know he signed with the roosters but that means nothing.
Also wouldn’t want Fifita anywhere near the dragons unless it’s David from Brisbane
Andrew Fifita is one of the best props in the game. He is a match winner. I don't mind the idea of us signing young Flanno too, but he will be starting for East's next year and I don't see them letting Kyle go to their detriment. Maybe in a couple of years we may be able to sign Kyle. With Shane here, we would be very well placed to sign him or Easts may do a Penrith and sign Shane to coach them?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today (ah ah ah)
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
But I'm not the only one
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one
Are you prepared to give your possessions away?

blacksafake

First Grade
I’ve gotten to the stage now that I’m reluctantly ok with this situation. There’s no doubt whatsoever that Flanagan is a superior coach to L plate. Next season looks to be another disappointing one in waiting so if it means Flanagan is a chance the following season, hopefully the NRL reduces his time, then let’s get it over with.

Answer: S. Dank.

Actually, McIdiot has demonstrated he CAN attract players (eg. Sims’ brothers, Vaughan, Hunt and Graham), but the problem is that the club has to pay massive “overs”. Of course, the last example of this dreadful decision making is Corey Norman.
Do you honestly think McGregor attracted those players?
If we're paying overs then money attracted them no McGregor.