What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

OldPanther

Coach
Played golf today with a good friend of a member of our Strength & Conditioning Team and he was saying there is going to be significant changes in respect of how we approach our pre season in 2020.

Any specifics? Exercise and conditioning is a hobby of mine.

Interestingly Alex Corvo has left the Warriors recently. He is heading back to Sydney for family reasons. I remember we were keen on him a few years ago.

Kilkenny

Coach
Any specifics? Exercise and conditioning is a hobby of mine.

It was purely generic conversation around the fact there are areas where it has been identified in the post season review where we can improve.

There was no big insight it was just matter of fact stuff. Certainly no insight into potential recruits.

Abacus

Juniors
It was purely generic conversation around the fact there are areas where it has been identified in the post season review where we can improve.

There was no big insight it was just matter of fact stuff. Certainly no insight into potential recruits.
Hahaha, I think there's been enough tips on here on areas for improvement in strength & conditioning.

First tip: if the players are talking about preseason being fun and less gruelling than previously, then the s&c staff are doing it wrong.

Appreciate 1 is a mate of yours, so I'm not trying to be disrespectful. But RCG's comments last preseason were a red flag with the proof in the pudding (i.e. the players' guts & bums looked liked been eating pudding since 2018) as soon as the season started.

Fangs

Coach
2 that came out and said it was fun are now gone. Along hopefully with that fun pre season

Doing laps around the oval took us a fair way with Hook. It's as if Dave's Mate stopped doing laps and let them do play time instead.

Barely a sign of a set play practiced. Handling terrible. Lack of effort in all the areas you can imagine. It still shits me when I think about how bad Penrith started the year. It's the worst I've seen us play.

Fangs

Coach
He might have been over compensating with ball work due to our poor handling during Griffins time. Looks like it went to far the other way and fatigue killed them.

Just mentioned it now, no evidence that occurred on field. Handling was awful.

franklin2323

Immortal
Doing laps around the oval took us a fair way with Hook. It's as if Dave's Mate stopped doing laps and let them do play time instead.

Barely a sign of a set play practiced. Handling terrible. Lack of effort in all the areas you can imagine. It still shits me when I think about how bad Penrith started the year. It's the worst I've seen us play.

Play time can good if it was things like touch and even have the players come up with moves or get combinations. No idea what they did

Pomoz

Bench
The Pie Face franchisee brought a new car and had a holiday in Hawaii after pre-season. just saying.....

Fangs

Coach
Which could be due to fatigue. Decision making and handling go when you're gassed. Also ball work doesn't necessarily have to be set plays.

That's true. Whatever they did was totally f**ked and should never happen again.

Was told that soft training was a massive issue behind our crap 2015 season. Didn't learn his lesson.

Fangs

Coach
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34216-live-blog-2019-dally-m-awards/

Penrith's top 5 players at the Dally M's:

Nathan Cleary 10
Dylan Edwards 6
Jarome Luai 5
Josh Mansour 4
James Fisher-Harris 4

Gimme 3 points for Cleary's last game of the season gets him on top. Edwards rewarded for a strong second half to the season. JFH underrated by the judges like most forwards. Bit surprised Maloney doesn't feature, didn't have a great year but he'd be just behind Cleary IMO who set the bar quite low. Mansour had a few old fashioned efforts with his workload. No idea how Luai polled 5 votes.

Adding up the top 5 at each club on points places us second last. Snugly cushioned next to the Titans who had a real wow of a year.

In sum, the Dally M's are a complete joke (as we know) and Penrith's 2019 season was a complete joke (you knew that as well).

Fangs

Coach
The Frog's Top 5 by comparison:

1. Fisher-Harris 1476 (24)
2. Tamou 1362 (24)
3. Maloney 1239 (22)
4. Cleary 1230 (21)
5. Edwards 1220 (20)

Latest posts