What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aiden Sezer already gone??

--Storm--

Juniors
Why buy Sezer when you already gave Cornish and Austin?

Money not well spent, could have got a good foward

--Storm--

Juniors
The dickhead talks about developing his own, he has a good young halfback and he all but f**ks him Off, good for the kids confidence

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Why buy Sezer when you already gave Cornish and Austin?

Money not well spent, could have got a good foward

I thought the same. Sezer is a damn good player but Austin is really coming into his own this season and to me is an out and out 5/8 rather than a half back.

davi

Juniors
I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but if I was Raiders fan I wouldn't be completely comfortable with Aiden Sezer being moved on after a Grand Final appearance. Just in terms of chemistry and combinations and so forth- me thinks Ricky Stuart rushing out to sign George Williams mid-season may have been premature. It's important to keep it in perspective though Sezer has been ok this year, but not brilliant.

nick87

Coach
Sezer hasn’t lived up to what I thought he’d deliver
But he’s been very solid and his contribution vastly undersold by fans who have swung too far on their disappointment on how he has played

I thought he’d be a genuine rep quality half and what we’ve gotten from him instead has been a solid FGer who defends extremely well for a half

I don’t know where Aiden Sezer will play next year but the raiders halves will be George Williams and Jack Wighton

that might turn out to be a bad move and George Williams could flop, but if George Williams can come here and be a more creative half without being a liability in defence, the team will be significantly better next year

some11

Referee
Sezer's best years were at the Titans, but I guess it's easy to stand out in a team consistently at the bottom of the ladder.

Exsilium

First Grade
Sezer's best years were at the Titans, but I guess it's easy to stand out in a team consistently at the bottom of the ladder.

I think he has found his role. Be the distributor of the ball and kick to the corners. Not dissimilar to Townsend, Brooks, Croft (When he played) and Cronk.

At the Titans, its easy to be drawn into criticism but the Raiders are a better side with him playing.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but if I was Raiders fan I wouldn't be completely comfortable with Aiden Sezer being moved on after a Grand Final appearance. Just in terms of chemistry and combinations and so forth- me thinks Ricky Stuart rushing out to sign George Williams mid-season may have been premature. It's important to keep it in perspective though Sezer has been ok this year, but not brilliant.

You can have him, he's crap

Timbo

Staff member
You have to remember where we were when we signed George Williams.

We started the season well, but Sezer was injured. Sam Williams came in and played some fairly solid football, and managed to keep Sezer in NSW Cup when he regained fitness.

Then, as is Sam Williams way, he became an absolute pedestrian. We dropped out of the top four and the Knights moved in (remember that? The Knights were in the 4 at the halfway mark of the season).

Stuart rolled the dice and brought Sezer back in for Williams, and Sezer was once again, fine. Not great, just fine. We were winning games because of Hodgo, Wighton and CNK and we didn’t have a halfback that looked capable of taking us all the way. So Stuart signed George Williams, which seemed like a no brainer.

This seemed to be the rocket that Sezer has needed for years, and he suddenly upped his game massively - particularly his defensive game.

And now we’re here. Obviously Sezer is playing his best footy now, but the decision to sign George Williams was 100% the correct one.

mongoose

Coach
i said this in the canberra forum but Sezer has just never formed a good combination with Hodgson. I don't know why but either Sezer doesn't call for the ball enough or Hodgson just doesn't like passing it to him.
We've made a grand final with them though so makes you wonder how good we could be if they clicked.

Timbo

Staff member
i said this in the canberra forum but Sezer has just never formed a good combination with Hodgson. I don't know why but either Sezer doesn't call for the ball enough or Hodgson just doesn't like passing it to him.
We've made a grand final with them though so makes you wonder how good we could be if they clicked.

Hodgson is one of the most dominant playmaking hookers in the game, whilst Sezer is a very passive halfback. It’s a combination that doesn’t gel that well.