What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Chipmunk

Coach
Do you ever stop to wonder why it is that you fell the need preface everything you have posted here on this subject with "but the left"?

That aside, again this is just the same flawed argument wrapped in a different bunch of words. I've addressed it logically, and repeating yourself does not serve to address the rebuttal I've presented.

Do you think that if Australia decided tomorrow to stop selling coal to China and India, that they would just stop using it?

Which country is the biggest producer of coal in the World? It's certainly not Australia.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Do you think that if Australia decided tomorrow to stop selling coal to China and India, that they would just stop using it?.

No, why would they do that?

Which country is the biggest producer of coal in the World? It's certainly not Australia.

Is this relevant to anything I've posted, I mean literally anything?

I mean I can see the tangent you're going down here, but other than for the apparent fact you lack the ability to address what I've posted, I can't for the life of me think why you would bother.

I find it odd that most people choose to believe or reject climate change based on their political views and choose to accept of reject what ever finding they read accordingly.

They don't.

All leftoids do, of course, because they're brainwashed sheep.

Some rightards believe in climate change, because they're either virtue signalling, or brainwashed, or trying to profit from it.

It just so happens that some "on the right" are able to see the truth for what it is. That's not political, but social - the left guilts everyone (especially on their side) into shutting up and doing what they're told.

The thing for me is, lets say the leftie/greenies are wrong, whats the worst thing that can happen ? we have a much nicer planet in which to live

And a couple of billion people are left in poverty. And the First World has their standard of loving ripped away.

And we end up in a totalitarian state - which is exactly the point of the climate change alarmism.

And if the righties are wrong ? well we're pretty much screwed

The rightards will be wrong - those that believe in climate change, anyways.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing for me is, lets say the leftie/greenies are wrong, whats the worst thing that can happen ? we have a much nicer planet in which to live
If the climate alarmists are wrong the worst that can happen is that we allow ourselves to become economically (and thus militarily) inferior to rising fascist states like China.

Gronk

Staff member
If the climate alarmists are wrong the worst that can happen is that we allow ourselves to become economically (and thus militarily) inferior to rising fascist states like China.

You use this label often. So I assume you think that there is no threat or perhaps there is a threat but the timeframe is no way as urgent as some have portrayed?

Either that or you are trolling. What is it ?

hindy111

Post Whore
And worse thing that can happen is I am
You use this label often. So I assume you think that there is no threat or perhaps there is a threat but the timeframe is no way as urgent as some have portrayed?

I like that you chose red but I would of also made it BOLD and capital letters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I used it that time in the context of them being hypothetically wrong. Otherwise I use it in my usual jokey trolling manner just as I would describe climate denialists if I was talking about them.

For the record my abortion stance is anti-life.

Gronk

Staff member
I began my post with "If", ergo it is a hypothetical.

Captain, I believe we are beginning to head into a circle.

giphy.gif