What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Yeah but apart from saying you strongly disagree, it doesn't give you a platform to voice exactly why you feel the game is not as entertaining/fair/consistent and where you think it can improve.

Yes, it should have given us more answering options and more than one idea allowed.

in that sense, it was not very democratic or open. A bit contemptuous.

super_coach

First Grade
Guys they are not interested in what we think is wrong with the game. How would we know, we are just the punters who support the game with our back pockets and our emotions.

Throw a survey out their ask a few questions that are safe and what ever answer you get is not a problem. Don’t give people the opportunity to explain their thoughts on why the game smells like two day old prawn shells.

In saying all that, if they get rid of golden point and cut out the wrestle it has achieved something. Anyway what ever the survey ends up telling the NRL they will have to run it past Uncle Nick and a few others for approval because ultimately they run the game

Guys they are not interested in what we think is wrong with the game. How would we know, we are just the punters who support the game with our back pockets and our emotions.

Throw a survey out their ask a few questions that are safe and what ever answer you get is not a problem. Don’t give people the opportunity to explain their thoughts on why the game smells like two day old prawn shells.

In saying all that, if they get rid of golden point and cut out the wrestle it has achieved something. Anyway what ever the survey ends up telling the NRL they will have to run it past Uncle Nick and a few others for approval because ultimately they run the game

Yeah there’s a sense of arranged outcome because they chose all but one of the topics.

And I suppose they will rely on the survey to change the rules and then blame us if they don’t work out.

When I studied surveys and stats at uni, apart from confidentiality, a golden rule was to ensure that every question had an open box for comment at the end so the responder could add anything they wanted.

Then you had a better idea of their position and the info was much higher quality.

These survey monkey results can probably be contaminated anyway by multiple aliases and all that.

Its quite shoddy and cheap and then we don’t trust the nrl anyway because of past fibs and horrendous policies so such as “no fault stand down” which should be called “ guilt before innocence” a deprivation and stomping on human rights. Businessmen trying to be cops- f**k off.

Knee jerk reaction to the likes of barba, tarnishing and hurting all the players, who have the same (very small number of crims as the broader population) in the same age group.

ps: no question on the no fault fiasco

Last edited:

That's my point. Safe line of questioning with multiple choice answers, only one question where you could provide a written answer, to which they'll probably not even look at. It's just to give the NRL something to gauge the general mood of the fanbase without getting taken to task, and to make it look like they are engaging the fans.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just wish the club would advise us of a f**king signing (of significance) to give us some hope. I love this secret stuff, but f**k it can be a long off season.
Bring TEDDY back will do me.:D

If we had a goal kicker last season we would have made the finals.

Realistically, we are quite not in the cycle of the genuine threat right now, but it’s getting closer. Much better than the reverse.

if we are going to commence a run with added stars and so forth 2021+ we need a solid 2020 to see who we are going to retain.

Also, Madge has a much better idea of the capabilities, strengths and weaknesses of our players in the real time game environment now than last year.

2020 will be a good supporters year. All the players will be fighting for their place in the sun in the happy days ahead.

The unknown

Juniors
I'm not an expert on legal proceedings in any way shape or form but he would still be allowed to play on a good behavior bond right? I mean there is much worse still running around in the NRL.

Good news about Lawrence btw, but if he's in our starting 13 come round 1 we are in all sorts. A like for like replacement for Matterson is a must

Happy to have him around for one last hurrah though! a loyal tiger through and through

Last edited:

WT2K

Juniors
I'm not an expert on legal proceedings in any way shape or form but he would still be allowed to play on a good behavior bond right? I mean there is much worse still running around in the NRL.

Good news about Lawrence btw, but if he's in our starting 13 come round 1 we are in all sorts. A like for like replacement for Matterson is a must

Happy to have him around for one last hurrah though! a loyal tiger through and through

They'll probably give us a points deduction and a fine for just entertaining the idea of trying to sign him again.

Tigerm

First Grade
44b9a8aa5d586eea395fbb714ce52bbb

Myles Garrett, apparently good in defence?
We can get this bloke, just need to better his current 4 year contract of $30,412,254 including a $20,258,004 signing bonus. Hahhaha

Tigerm

First Grade
I would think yes to this, many, many players have been convicted and still allowed to play on.

gordsy

Juniors
Given he's been convicted of indecent assault you would have to be out of your mind to want us to even think about signing him, he can get farked. Even if we did want to sign him, we aren't well liked or powerful enough to weather the shit storm that would accompany signing him, plus the NRL wouldn't approve it anyway.

Given he's been convicted of indecent assault you would have to be out of your mind to want us to even think about signing him, he can get farked. Even if we did want to sign him, we aren't well liked or powerful enough to weather the shit storm that would accompany signing him, plus the NRL wouldn't approve it anyway.
Agree 100% gordy.

However, interesting that Coleman's old man said it's not over yet and they will appeal immediately. So what happens if there's no conviction at all, would the re-active one (that's Greenberg) still allow the guys back into the game?

Greenberg's mate Burgess has a current AVO against his name, what will Greenberg do besides have a coffee with him?

Tigerm

First Grade
Mathew Lodge is still playing, as well as a heap of others. We are certainly not the first and we will certainly not be the last. If he is cleared and the club want him, then I'd be happy with his signing.

Latest posts