What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Mathew Lodge is still playing, as well as a heap of others. We are certainly not the first and we will certainly not be the last. If he is cleared and the club want him, then I'd be happy with his signing.

I don't see how what he did was so bad. In my opinion he doesn't deserve to lose his livelihood over that incident.

If Lodge and Packer are playing Musgrove should be able to play.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm not sold on Moylan. I hope we don't sign him to a long term contract. When he is on though he is a quality player.

Perth Tiger

Bench
At a cut price deal with the sharks contributing it would be worth the risk. But at full price he would be very risky.

He has never striked me as the type of player who would dig in and train hard to be the best, like a Slater or dare I say Teddy. Always seemed to cost along on his natural ability which is now failing him as his body ages.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tough one re Moylan. He has the class that our attack sorely lacks but also comes with the baggage of both injury and reported laziness at training. He is signed til the end of 2021 so we'd have him on our books for another 3 years. Even if the Sharks are tipping in a generous amount of cash that would still be him and Moylan, Mbybe, Packer and Reynolds all on marquee dollars for the next 2-4 years.

I really have my doubts about him performing to the high level consistently we would need from, however its also worth noting that his teams have played finals for the last 6 years, so he is doing something right

simmo1

First Grade
Never really rated Moylan. Seems to carve up shit teams but goes missing in the big games. He's made the finals a lot, but how many of those games did his team win?

That said, maybe he'd help us win games vs bottom 4 sides which we lose every year.

WT2K

Juniors
I'm not sold on Moylan. I hope we don't sign him to a long term contract. When he is on though he is a quality player.

Personally, I wouldn't sign him at all. But if Madge wants him, I sure hope it isn't any longer than the two years remaining on his current contract. Would also hope that the Sharks are covering a nice chunk of his contract.

Fordy20

Juniors
Don't rate Moylan at fullback, Corey Thompson does the bread and butter stuff better, but I reckon Moylan goes well at 5/8. Could be a good fit for a season or two to give Talau time to mature.

The problem is, his current deal is huge. We would need to get some ex-Bulldogs off our roster first before considering this.

Fordy20

Juniors
Personally, I wouldn't sign him at all. But if Madge wants him, I sure hope it isn't any longer than the two years remaining on his current contract. Would also hope that the Sharks are covering a nice chunk of his contract.

It's not really a good fit is it? Talau might be ready next year and if he's not, we'll still have Reynolds for less than Moylan's contract.

Matterson going to the Titans in exchange for Arrow or Brimson makes more sense.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I still think we have some more movement yet in the recruiting if the Moylan trade happens, we have said that Matterson isnt going anywhere unless there is something in it for us, the Moylan signing would have nothing to do with Matterson as the sharks dont need him.
There are still rumours of Reynolds to the Titans as well as Matterson talking to them, with Moylan and potentially Lomax you would think that Brimson is not on our radar so fingers crossed could we land Arrow.
If we could ofload Marsters, Reynolds and Matterson and pick up Moylan, Lomax and Arrow I'd say thats a great outcome.

WT2K

Juniors
From the mole -

Tigers considering Rabbitohs raid
The Tigers are considering signing promising Souths winger Mawene Hiroti.

The Kiwi-born centre/winger debuted for the Rabbitohs in 2018 and played four games last season, scoring one try.

With Esan Marsters on the move, the Tigers’ stocks are looking a little skinny out wide and the 20-year-old Hiroti should help boost their depth.

A former Australian Schoolboy, Hiroti was named in the Canterbury Cup NSW team of the year this season.

gordsy

Juniors
Mathew Lodge is still playing, as well as a heap of others. We are certainly not the first and we will certainly not be the last. If he is cleared and the club want him, then I'd be happy with his signing.
If he beats the charge, if the nrl approve it and if sponsors are ok with the signing, That's a lot of ifs and a lot of risk for a bloke that hasn't played in approximately 12 months. Don't forget the appeal would need to be done before pre season starts. We would be better off looking to sign guys we know can play for us come round one...

Perth Tiger

Bench
If he beats the charge, if the nrl approve it and if sponsors are ok with the signing, That's a lot of ifs and a lot of risk for a bloke that hasn't played in approximately 12 months. Don't forget the appeal would need to be done before pre season starts. We would be better off looking to sign guys we know can play for us come round one...

That's right, and considering he was running around in reserve grade before this all happened it make you think he is not worth the effort

Wizardman

First Grade
No way on Earth would I sign Moylan....on big bucks, looks to lack motivation and is picking up a fair few injuries.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Moylan is absolutely perfect for us:
  • Doesn't have a set position
  • Commands big money
  • Has enough moments of brilliance for a highlight reel
  • Injury prone

But tbh, I'd take him if we only have to pay $350k a year (Matterson's salary)

Moylan and a few others had major hamstring issues with us this season. Who was in charge of that department? Your other signing off us, Andrew Gray. For your guys sake i hope it was just a coincidence.
Moylan is a good player, not worth what we are paying for him though.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Moylan and a few others had major hamstring issues with us this season. Who was in charge of that department? Your other signing off us, Andrew Gray. For your guys sake i hope it was just a coincidence.
Moylan is a good player, not worth what we are paying for him though.

How much are you paying Moylan because apparently the Tigers have no spare money under their salary cap with all the duds still under contract, and moving on from Matterson only frees up about $300K...

Suggest if this has any legs you will need to be tipping in some cash...