What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sorry my 1st one wasn't explained well. I don't think Mitchell is worth the $1m given the baggage he brings

Unfortunately we may be in a position where we have to take that risk.

We

a) have a difficult time attracting any high level talent

b) have a lack of try scorers in our backline

The two things together mean we have to overpay and take the risk it’ll work out.

Hate to harp on the point, but the club could’ve kept Sivo at minimal risk and we wouldn’t be in the position of overpaying for outside talent.

Blade23

Juniors
400k paid by Panther I was told by someone inside club from the club. Reckons was on over 900k. I took it as per season.
Eels wouldn't be paying him 900k that is certain. Not new management.

I stand by what I was told.
We are chipping in 20 -25% over 3 years with your mob paying the full amount of his contract for the last 2 years.
$700- $800k would be the mark he is on.

Blade23

Juniors
Yea I don’t really get why some fans are upset we let Egan go, he’d be 3rd in the pecking order for hookers at our club. Personally I never got the hype, maybe he was a gun in the juniors but you’d think Penrith fans of all fans would eventually realise it means very little when it comes to becoming a first grader, but that’s a story for another day.

I don’t see why we should force him to stay in NSW Cup either if he has an opportunity elsewhere, I hope he has a good career but we can’t keep em all, hell because we let him go easily maybe it keeps the door open for a return one day, seemed to work well with Api.

He got his nose out of joint once Api's arrival was confirmed.
His manager asked to look elsewhere. We didn't stand in his way.
He will get his wish next year.

Panther FIRE

Juniors
Another one gone, it is not a rebuild though...

Get set for the excuse hymn sheet from the three wise men:
1. we're young and inexperienced;
2. we lack leadership; and
3. it is a new playing group that needs time to gel.

It is not a rebuild though...

Did you hear the rumor that an actual sports administrator is being bought into the club? Neither did I.

mxlegend99

Referee
So if that article is to be believed. Roosters are willing to pay $750k to Mitchell and $550k at Manu for $1.3m of their cap to be locked up in centres.

That doesnt sound very Roosters like.

betcats

Referee
So if that article is to be believed. Roosters are willing to pay $750k to Mitchell and $550k at Manu for $1.3m of their cap to be locked up in centres.

That doesnt sound very Roosters like.

Latrel will probably get bigger offers, they want to throw a mil at Fifita they probably want him to turn it down.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can anyone tell me what the deal with Egan's shoulder is? I see he had surgery after the season, but there's a big difference between cleaning out a shoulder or total reconstruction and everywhere in between.

Not expecting big things from him, but having yet another hooker start the season on the injured list doesn't exactly excite me.

kinghippo

Juniors
Surely the Roosters are going to have to pretend they have a salary cap after winning 2 straight.
I bet Mitchell and JWH will be used hard by the Chook’s and the media as a decoy. They will bang on how tough the cap is and how they had to let them go.
They will then casually upgrade Manu and everyone else before announcing they have signed Fifita and few players like lomax And sulli on unders.

kinghippo

Juniors
Can anyone tell me what the deal with Egan's shoulder is? I see he had surgery after the season, but there's a big difference between cleaning out a shoulder or total reconstruction and everywhere in between.

Not expecting big things from him, but having yet another hooker start the season on the injured list doesn't exactly excite me.
He has signed with NZ

betcats

Referee

Should be fine for preseason I think, from memory it was only a minor thing. Could be completely wrong though.

Bob

Juniors

Full reco as per our physio Krystal, they managed his injury till off season, had the op done mid September

kinghippo

Juniors
I

Oops sorry didn’t notice you were a warriors fan.
He has a lot of potential and was really starting to show some threat, hopefully he works out for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts