What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL draw

some11

Referee
I just want to know how many luxurious prime FTA time slots do we get and how many games in a row do we have in QLD leading into the finals series, thanks.

The easiest draw in the whole comp haha, if Seiplod can't make the finals with this hes f**ked.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Titans play Raiders, roosters and storm within the first 5 weeks of the competition.

Can't we just pretend that we'd like some success on the coast?

jim_57

Staff member
Titans play Raiders, roosters and storm within the first 5 weeks of the competition.

Can't we just pretend that we'd like some success on the coast?

For arguments sake let's imagine the extra hype they could get if they beat 1 or more of those teams before they get in to full swing. Especially with the new coach a factor.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
3 games in Sydney!? How is that even possible
Eels taking their game to Darwin
Manly taking their game to Suncorp (Magic Round)

They play at Campbelltown, SCG and Penrith in "Sydney" but also travel to Canberra and Newcastle so there's five trips south of the border.

They still have to travel to Melbourne, Auckland, Darwin and Townsville.

Peet

Juniors
Another year of the Broncos getting a leg up from the NRL. More TV prime-time (= more jersey sponsorship due to TV coverage) & less 5 day turnarounds than anyone else. Also, if the NRL want more 'family-friendly' times - get rid of Friday 6pms..

Apey

Staff member
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/3edb0793872c076b3ba3873da40ba0ad

dbca9f69bde2fe106953f8406438de4e

Lol how is Raiders the easiest? Did they base this off the first 5 games?

Diesel

Referee
Another year of the Broncos getting a leg up from the NRL. More TV prime-time (= more jersey sponsorship due to TV coverage) & less 5 day turnarounds than anyone else. Also, if the NRL want more 'family-friendly' times - get rid of Friday 6pms..
I can’t recall the broncos ever playing a 6pm game on Friday but the other 15 clubs have

Lambretta

First Grade
Once again the draw is a massive disappointment for me personally

We barely have any home games in Sydney in the first half of the season with Central Coast, Perth and the Magic Weekend.

Those we do have are garbage like a game against the Gold Coast at 6.15pm on a f**king Sunday or Thursday night garbage

I f**king give up hoping for better
Its clear the NRL doesn't want people to attend games

merkins

AJB1102

First Grade

We barely have any home games in Sydney in the first half of the season with Central Coast, Perth and the Magic Weekend.

Those we do have are garbage like a game against the Gold Coast at 6.15pm on a f**king Sunday or Thursday night garbage

merkins

It's probably got a bit to do with being couch surfers at the moment until you get SFS back.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Happy with the two perth games, Saturday slots and getting the gf replay is a bonus. Hopefully Storm will do a WA membership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

merkins
I don't get this. Blame the NRL all you like but:

- The Roosters chose to take their games to the SCG while Allianz was shut. There are other options.
- The SCG isn't available for the first couple of rounds due to the late running of the international cricket season
- The club made their own decision to take matches to Gosford and Perth, and opted in as a home team at Magic Round

In the first ten rounds there are only 2 of 10 games that would be inaccessible by most Roosters fans - matches - 4 at the SCG, with the other 4 games at Penrith, Gosford, ANZ and Kogarah. Outside that it's NZ and Brisbane.

I also don't know when you expect a shitshow like Roosters v Titans to be scheduled. It's certainly not a Friday 7:50 game.

Lambretta

First Grade
I don't get this. Blame the NRL all you like but:

- The Roosters chose to take their games to the SCG while Allianz was shut. There are other options.
- The SCG isn't available for the first couple of rounds due to the late running of the international cricket season
- The club made their own decision to take matches to Gosford and Perth, and opted in as a home team at Magic Round

In the first ten rounds there are only 2 of 10 games that would be inaccessible by most Roosters fans - matches - 4 at the SCG, with the other 4 games at Penrith, Gosford, ANZ and Kogarah. Outside that it's NZ and Brisbane.

I also don't know when you expect a shitshow like Roosters v Titans to be scheduled. It's certainly not a Friday 7:50 game.

Fair enough Tim
The reasons you gave explain a few things and make a lot more sense

I just wish there weren't any Thursday night games. I would much rather take 5.30pm Saturday (a piss poor tv slot) than 6.30pm Sunday or Thursday night game

No one wants to go to games on a Thursday or 6pm Friday or 6.30pm Sunday. I get the late Sunday is only during the end of summer. Its ok. It just doesn't suit me personally

But its likely I will still attend the games

Lambretta

First Grade
It's probably got a bit to do with being couch surfers at the moment until you get SFS back.

I go every week and the Roosters have been great about letting members sit in elevated positions. I actually don't mind the SCG now.

But in general, poor time slots, a slavery to "every game must be live on tv and no games can every overlap" and this insistence on mapping out the entire season in advance schedule wise in the Worlds most unpredictable competition does nothing to improve game attendance

Eventually this will kill the game

moffla

Bench
Very quick 2 cents from a storm fans perspective:

Cons:
  • 2 very tough away games to kick off the season
  • Bulldogs in Perth
  • Not a single Arvo game in Melbourne
  • Warriors twice in the space of a month. Seriously stop this shit.
  • Three 5 day turnarounds between rounds 3 and 9
  • Being the home team during Magic Round

Never gonna please everyone though. Some big positives:

Pros:
  • 3 home games in a row (unheard of?)
  • Manly round 1 - shoulder be a cracker
  • Bankwest stadium twice
  • 2 of our last 3 are at home against strong opposition
  • We play Titans twice

Latest posts