What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

kdalymc

Bench
The riffs Super League zebra road kill 'design' is long overdue. Do it.
Swore they did as a heritage buy nup, was just Slacks Creek Lions in our comp...
bsdrl-redlands-v-slacks-creek.jpg

Edit- just noticed the f**king gigantic human has to rock an old-style one but the other lafs have a new style with the cowboys 05 style sleeves

roofromoz

First Grade
The riffs Super League zebra road kill 'design' is long overdue. Do it.

It was considered during Corey Payne's short but illustrious reign...

images

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
upload_2019-10-31_11-8-17.png

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/10/31/cowboys-reveal-25th-anniversary-logo

Identity and tradition are at the heart of the 25th anniversary logo revealed by the North Queensland Toyota Cowboys today.

It is a revival of the very first badge to adorn player and fan apparel and will proudly be worn by the 2020 crop of players 25 years after the Cowboys took the field for the first time.

The logo symbolizes the beginning of a new era, while acknowledging the rich history of the club, and the ongoing passionate support from members and fans.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. Please try again soon.

New Season. New Home. New Era.

Cowboys CEO Jeff Reibel said the anniversary logo will feature in a landmark season for the club.

“We thought the best way to develop our 25th anniversary program was to look back at the logo we wore to introduce North Queensland’s very own team to the nation,” he said.

“It’s important moving into a new era that we carry with us our memories, our lessons, our celebrations and the culture we have built over 25 years.”

Chief marketing officer Jacqui James-Eggins further explained the meaning behind the logo.

“Our fans and members have a lot of fond memories of 1995, our first season in the NRL competition, so we really wanted to honour those recollections by re-capturing our original identity,” she said.

“It’s a modern take on our first logo, where the bull horns are the dominant feature. The horns are strong and bold, which are two proud traits we want to carry into our future. And our name is placed into an arc surrounding the horns, again like the original, but with a crisper, smoother typeface that matches the era we are entering.”

“In a year where everything will be new - the location, the stadium, the seats, the sounds – the logo will remind our fans and members that we remain connected to our roots and all those who have helped us get to where we are today.”

2020 Cowboys members can pre-order their members exclusive apparel featuring the new logo from today at the Cowboys Team Shop.

From Friday 1 November, fans and members can pre-order the Cowboys 2020 Home and Away jerseys and selected off-field merchandise with the 25th anniversary logo.

beave

Coach
It’s good the star is gone, but i think the font is too bland, looks like the work experience kid did it. At least they’ve tried to go back to the original.

The text for mine needed to line up with the outer edges of the horn, either increase the spacing slightly or make each letter thicker/bigger. The lack of symmetry is doing my head in.

The article says orders can be placed tomorrow for the jerseys with this logo on it, I’m praying there’s a jersey reveal this afternoon or tomorrow with a new jersey. If they’re running the last 2 years abortion and just slapping that new logo on it I will be f**king filthy.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
i would have just used the current font (that typical western themed font) but in a single colour and still have it do the graduation in size thing like they have done again like the original. Along with getting it aligned with the outer edges of the horns like i mentioned previously.

I get what they were trying to do with it, but it’s fallen well short of the mark for mine. Looks very rushed

sempmrh

Juniors
The Storm website has finally dropped Purple Bricks from its sponsor listing. Curiously, Fuso has been removed as well despite having a deal until the end of 2021.

yakstorm

First Grade
A lot of the teams are shifting to more simplified 'web friendly' fonts, which I believe is a direction coming from the NRL. The new Knights logo is an example of that.

I'm sure we will just see more and more the horns on their own, which honestly is fine by me.

Bazlad

Juniors
So intrigued about this, wonder if it's a price revolution? I know they sell Brumbies jerseys for only $99.

I know this could be laughable, but could it be they strip back the sponsorship? There was a similar promotion with an English soccer team. One can dream.

Canard

Immortal
i would have just used the current font (that typical western themed font) but in a single colour and still have it do the graduation in size thing like they have done again like the original. Along with getting it aligned with the outer edges of the horns like i mentioned previously.

I get what they were trying to do with it, but it’s fallen well short of the mark for mine. Looks very rushed

I hated it at first but console myself with assuming this means a return to the older jersey design.

sempmrh

Juniors
The striping on the Cowboys' shorts makes me think the jersey will be similar to the kinda/sorta heritage inspired jersey they wore before the horns.