What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

We are entering a premiership window and to me it feels very much like 2005-2007 when we should have jagged at least one comp. Or is it more like 1998-2001?

I honestly don't think we're a threat.

We don't have that steel about us. We don't have the grind.

We're a Sunday afternoon team who can throw the ball around and score a billion points. When it's a little dewy, or flat out wet and heavy? Nope, not our style.

Look, that can change during the offseason and throughout next year. But based on where we are now - we're not a threat. The Roosters, Storm, Raiders and Manly have what it takes to grind themselves through finals games but, at this moment, we don't.

We can make the Top 4, sure. We could even be one of the last 4 teams standing. But win the comp? The 2019 Eels + RCG + Matto can't do that.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I honestly don't think we're a threat.

We don't have that steel about us. We don't have the grind.

We're a Sunday afternoon team who can throw the ball around and score a billion points. When it's a little dewy, or flat out wet and heavy? Nope, not our style.

Look, that can change during the offseason and throughout next year. But based on where we are now - we're not a threat. The Roosters, Storm, Raiders and Manly have what it takes to grind themselves through finals games but, at this moment, we don't.

We can make the Top 4, sure. We could even be one of the last 4 teams standing. But win the comp? The 2019 Eels + RCG + Matto can't do that.

I'm with you except for the last sentence.

Young team with young leaders and potential to improve in the grind. I thought Moses grew in that regard last year. If he matures again, and Brown too, then anything is possible.

RCG will be massive if his confidence is even half there. Middle forwards are essential for those tough games - and having an Aus quality prop would be huge

Glenneel

Bench
Sorry to troll you, but literally 3 or 4 months ago you were enraged, spewing that we were a “shit club, shit coach and shit team”.

Did you have a recent blood transfusion? Cos it’s possible that you ended up with a batch from one of my donations to the blood bank.
Please remind me how the club went in 2018, I've forgotten. Did they play well and be a team every supporter would be proud of?

Glenneel

Bench
This would be the year for him to consolidate and improve. The 'stepping up' will probably take a little longer.
Thought Drown really started to become more influential in the game, becoming a lot more involved in the critical plays and taking pressure off Moses, towards the end of the season. However I also thought Shaun Lane's form had dropped off towards the end of the season which probably cancelled out Drown's improved form.

Gronk

Staff member
Please remind me how the club went in 2018, I've forgotten. Did they play well and be a team every supporter would be proud of?

No mate this is not about 2018. You said that remark 75% through the 2019 season (where we were safely in the top 8 for every round).

So what happened to turn you from having a negative to positive mindset ?

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm with you except for the last sentence.

Young team with young leaders and potential to improve in the grind. I thought Moses grew in that regard last year. If he matures again, and Brown too, then anything is possible.

RCG will be massive if his confidence is even half there. Middle forwards are essential for those tough games - and having an Aus quality prop would be huge

Sure
But RCG was nothing near that standard since broke jaw. Lot of potential but was a lemon for past 18mths.
I'd much rather Tamou or the vicous fish.

84 Baby

Referee
Sure
But RCG was nothing near that standard since broke jaw. Lot of potential but was a lemon for past 18mths.
I'd much rather Tamou or the vicous fish.
Probably had more to do with having to play with Penrith Peahearts, in front of their notoriously poor home crowd figures

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Some big re signings.
Gower back.
Davey back
Taka back
Nikoure 2022
Stone back

This tells me there is less big signings coming. Maybe one at best.