What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Chooks' premiership window...

32892661-modern-design-flower-pots-against-huge-window.jpg

And ours...

2pnD4hs.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Addo-Carr also didn't debut until the year he turned 21, Dunster was still eligible for Flegg this year.

Yes. But Addo Carr did have speed.
Example is Salmon. His potential is he has excellent feet and a bit of toe and strong. Could make him a Jack Wighton style 5/8. He as the physical side.

Is Dunster fast? Does he have size? Does he have power? Or is he middle of the pile in all categories. If so he wont be much chop.

Parry seems about average in all categories except size. He could put on another 5 -10 kgs and be a very powerful centre. He already seems quite strong. But at present he lacks anything else to say he is NRL level.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
So who do you reckon is the fastest player at the club rn ?

Over 40? I think Moses. Over 100? Unsure, never seen any of our players run 100m in a straight line. Probably looking at Waqa Blake, Moses although I wouldn't count out Dylan Brown. Parry and Dunster aren't sloths either.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why? Players barely, if ever, run 100m sprints in a game of footy.

In the modern game speed is less important. Best to hunt as a pack.
But don't dismiss the fear is speed. It scares a defense and puts them on back foot. Think James Roberts or Xerri. Last thing can give them is broken play.

Acceleration is most important and foot work. Why I am unsure of Parrys future. He doesn't seem to have either.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nah; I'd rather live in 1963.

The 60s and 70s would of been great.

When you had no idea what was good or bad for you till you where old.
I was an 80s baby. We lived whilst working out a lot of shit we are doing are bad and had to try and stop them nasty habbits that we where used to. I still remember getting off fruit loops. We where told they where a good cereal for kids.
I still remember as a 5yld watching the grim reaper add bowling the ball down the ally.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes. But Addo Carr did have speed.
Example is Salmon. His potential is he has excellent feet and a bit of toe and strong. Could make him a Jack Wighton style 5/8. He as the physical side.

Is Dunster fast? Does he have size? Does he have power? Or is he middle of the pile in all categories. If so he wont be much chop.

Parry seems about average in all categories except size. He could put on another 5 -10 kgs and be a very powerful centre. He already seems quite strong. But at present he lacks anything else to say he is NRL level.

I'm not a huge fan of Ethan Parry at this stage - I think he is a competent back-up -, but he does have some speed.

Another season or two, playing against men, and training full-time, may bring out the best of him.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The 60s and 70s would of been great.

When you had no idea what was good or bad for you till you where old.
I was an 80s baby. We lived whilst working out a lot of shit we are doing are bad and had to try and stop them nasty habbits that we where used to. I still remember getting off fruit loops. We where told they where a good cereal for kids.
I still remember as a 5yld watching the grim reaper add bowling the ball down the ally.
You on the Skittles again???

lingard

Coach
With Matto in the squad he is a like for like replacement for Ma'u so he doesn't strengthen the squad. But our spine are another year older and along with RCG our team will be much stronger. This is the year for Drown to really step up. With more emphasis on defence and minimal injuries next year I'm confident the team will comfortably sit in top 4.

This would be the year for him to consolidate and improve. The 'stepping up' will probably take a little longer.