What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Gabba, Nov 21-25 2019

typicalfan

Coach
If he wasn't in such pitiful form the opener answer would be Usman. But he needs to score runs to get back in. I expect Marsh and Harris due to lack of competition but Hughes was good last season he scored two hundreds in shield from memory.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
team announced today and you just know we are going to go back to tried and failed batsmen, not that there is a lot of choice but I hope we at least try some new talent

Bazal

Post Whore
This 16 yr old kid looks a talent, lovely action.

Yeah looks very f**king good.

At his age to gave such a good action... Man. Yeah there are some tweaks he'll have to make as he ages but he's gonna have a very good career you'd think

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah looks very f**king good.

At his age to gave such a good action... Man. Yeah there are some tweaks he'll have to make as he ages but he's gonna have a very good career you'd think
Easily the best young bowler I have seen since I first saw Cummins at 17.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I have no idea who to pick for an opener or number 6.

That said, neither do the selectors.

I can see the poisoned dwarf getting Bancroft or Smarsh or some other western Australian hobo into the side.

Bazal

Post Whore
Given none of the younget players stood up and it's a short series, I'd actually be OK with Darsh. Give the others a bit of a rev up and see if they get up for the NZ series.

He's definitely in the best eight or so bats in the country, even if he's never quite worked out how to convert Shield dominance into Test form consistently.

The concern is his age and him blocking a younger player, but if they haven't taken the chance and he's scoring runs....

bazza

Immortal

I can see the poisoned dwarf getting Bancroft or Smarsh or some other western Australian hobo into the side.
Just put in Harris and Head
No one else has scored runs or is available to play
If they don't score any runs in the 2 tests against Pakistan put them into the never to be picked again pile

Timbo

Staff member
I wouldn’t be surprised if Uzi opens and Head bats 5. Go with what you know.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Just put in Harris and Head
No one else has scored runs or is available to play
If they don't score any runs in the 2 tests against Pakistan put them into the never to be picked again pile

I have one name for you to take on the kiwis...

images

Bazal

Post Whore
I wouldn’t be surprised if Uzi opens and Head bats 5. Go with what you know.

I still reckon, at home, Uzi and Warner are next picks after Smith.

Say what you like about their touring form but they boss home conditions

TheParraboy

Staff member
Will Pucovski pulls out of Test contention for mental health reasons

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...31MFTExF9OX6w95_bxq1P0jwb0FwxCW0s5QW3O2rXw5J4

You have to wonder if this kid will ever be ready

IMO just let the kid just play Shield cricket for a couple of years. Let him get some tons and dominate for a period of time, with that will come confidence and better head space (if not, and he still gets these issues, then professional cricket is not for him health wise). The expectation of him being the next great thing in test cricket when he has done FA in reality, is contributing to his mental mess Id say

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'd pick Head at 6, technically, if you believe the selectors, he wasn't dropped for f**khead Marsh but made way for an allrounder.

He's yet to take his opportunity fully but he doesn't look completely out of his depth.

I can't pick Khawaja, he's been the biggest disappointment in my life since Burgo's catchphrase got cancelled.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks like Burns and Plodcroft are in, lol Burns looked horrible in both innings and Plodcroft scratched around for 49 and most of those runs came against the spinners because they only had 2 quicks on day 2.

Absolutely laughable, Langer is an absolute Potato. Smith saved this bums arse in the ashes while the media and commentators were jizzing themselves silly like it was all down to the poisoned dwarf. This idiot picked Siddle over Haze and then picked him ahead of anyone in that last test.

Brutus

Referee
Good to see Joey Burns given a go.

He's been dudded so many times in the past.

He'll go well. His home deck as well. Averages over 40 in tests so knows what it is all about.

Latest posts