What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
I have no idea if we can get Latrell. He is an inconsistent player as well. I really hope we get him though. There are certain players who can turn a team around and he is one of them. I much prefer Latrell to for instance Nathan Cleary on similar dollars.
If we got him??? Can you imagine the game against Easts, it would be explosive.:p:D

Das Hassler

Bench
Would having the chooks chip in for some of his 2020 wage be asking too much?...that would be exceptionally satisfying...not just in regards the rorters but also the heartburn for the supporters of a couple of our meanspirited neighbours. ..not expecting it but nice to dream good things.

sharkman73

Juniors
Would having the chooks chip in for some of his 2020 wage be asking too much?...that would be exceptionally satisfying...not just in regards the rorters but also the heartburn for the supporters of a couple of our meanspirited neighbours. ..not expecting it but nice to dream good things.

Lolz too funny. He's on not much atm.,

WA Tiger

Bench
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/c81cc09788b2e33ffd09d957b0ed4101

Article mostly about him helping with the fire near Taree, for those who cant open it because of paywalls key quotes are:

• Mitchell’s plan around his playing future is also closer to being finalised with a the three-year back-ended deal with the Tigers
  • It could be finalised within days now that Tigers coach Michael Maguire has returned from coaching New Zealand to take over the top-level negotiations
  • While Mitchell’s contract value is confidential, rival clubs are tipping that Wests Tigers will pay around $800,000 for next year, $900,000 the following season and $1 million in 2022
. I’m expecting 1 mil x 3 ...Mitchell is prob Just like any other hot headed youngster or anyone for that matter ...he just wants a bit of respect and to feel the love despite being a bit willfull as young people can be ...He fell out with Easts so something was said that was irreversible.....I thought it was a bit precious of Easts to retract his $800 k offer just coz he said he’d look around. My take is that Robinson is a softy who can’t take Mitchell’s stubborn personality ..as is usual with youth they just want someone who’s a match for them that they can respect..Well he’s found that person in Madge

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
I think if we waited another side would grab him... namely the dogs who are looking for cap allowances from the nrl after losing Foran for a year.
This. Greenberger will give his old dogs full salary cap relief for Foran, even though they signed him with these pre-existing injuries and put him together with Clag glue just to get him on the field.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...wests-tigers-daley/ar-BBWFail?ocid=spartanntp

Another LM article, but sorry I don't seem to be able to copy and paste to here.
Here you go.

Latrell Mitchell: Star would need to change body to play fullback at Wests Tigers - Daley

BBWFdtb.img
© Getty Images
Roosters superstar back Latrell Mitchell appears set for a big-money move, with Wests Tigers reportedly in the box seat, though the switch is likely to come with a positional change.

Having played in the centres for the majority of his stunning ascent into one of the game's most exciting players, the 22-year-old is expected to switch to fullback if he does head to Concord.

The lucrative nature of the potential deal means the Tigers will be keen to get Mitchell involved in the game for longer periods than he is used to.

Speaking on Big Sports Breakfast, Laurie Daley says that Mitchell will have to adapt to the demands of the number one jumper.

"Playing fullback, he'll have to change his body shape," the Raiders legend said.

"He'll have to become a lot fitter because aerobically he'll have to cover a lot more ground than what he's ever done in the past as a centre.

"As a fullback you've got to be in the game for the full 80 minutes.

"If mentally Latrell Mitchell is in the right headspace and physically he's in the right shape, he can be the most damaging player in the game."

Though the reigning Dally M Centre of the Year is still no certainty to play for the Tigers next season, with journalist Dean Ritchie saying the player is yet to meet with notoriously hard-nosed coach Michael Maguire.

"I still think he'll go to the Tigers," Ritchie said.

"They're adamant they won't pay overs for Latrell.

"There was a suggestion that they might pay $1.2 million and there's no way that they will pay that.

"I think they'll go with a back-ended deal that might start at about $800,000.

"From what I understand, they'll sit down with Latrell and make sure that he's on the same page as Michael Maguire."

Mitchell has racked up 96 first-grade games for the Roosters, crossing for 65 tries and playing a key role in the club's back-to-back premierships.

Tigerm

First Grade
Here you go.

Latrell Mitchell: Star would need to change body to play fullback at Wests Tigers - Daley

BBWFdtb.img
:copyright: Getty Images
Roosters superstar back Latrell Mitchell appears set for a big-money move, with Wests Tigers reportedly in the box seat, though the switch is likely to come with a positional change.

Having played in the centres for the majority of his stunning ascent into one of the game's most exciting players, the 22-year-old is expected to switch to fullback if he does head to Concord.

The lucrative nature of the potential deal means the Tigers will be keen to get Mitchell involved in the game for longer periods than he is used to.

Speaking on Big Sports Breakfast, Laurie Daley says that Mitchell will have to adapt to the demands of the number one jumper.

"Playing fullback, he'll have to change his body shape," the Raiders legend said.

"He'll have to become a lot fitter because aerobically he'll have to cover a lot more ground than what he's ever done in the past as a centre.

"As a fullback you've got to be in the game for the full 80 minutes.

"If mentally Latrell Mitchell is in the right headspace and physically he's in the right shape, he can be the most damaging player in the game."

Though the reigning Dally M Centre of the Year is still no certainty to play for the Tigers next season, with journalist Dean Ritchie saying the player is yet to meet with notoriously hard-nosed coach Michael Maguire.

"I still think he'll go to the Tigers," Ritchie said.

"They're adamant they won't pay overs for Latrell.

"There was a suggestion that they might pay $1.2 million and there's no way that they will pay that.

"I think they'll go with a back-ended deal that might start at about $800,000.

"From what I understand, they'll sit down with Latrell and make sure that he's on the same page as Michael Maguire."

Mitchell has racked up 96 first-grade games for the Roosters, crossing for 65 tries and playing a key role in the club's back-to-back premierships.
Cheers

BrotherJim05

Bench
Mbye really needs to fire this year. He's being paid fullback money to play centre, and while hes a decent player I think we could get almost two players of his calibre for the money he is on.

I genuinely would love to see him start dominating that left edge. If he can't do it then he might need to start looking at a new club

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye really needs to fire this year. He's being paid fullback money to play centre, and while hes a decent player I think we could get almost two players of his calibre for the money he is on.

I genuinely would love to see him start dominating that left edge. If he can't do it then he might need to start looking at a new club

If he stays at centre. I can see him playing at 9. He will need to day a pay cut if he remains in the centres at the end of this contract. I reckon he was our best centre last year but he needs to improve on that.

Latest posts