What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
If he stays at centre. I can see him playing at 9. He will need to day a pay cut if he remains in the centres at the end of this contract. I reckon he was our best centre last year but he needs to improve on that.
I can see Marshal & Reynolds rotating between the 9 & 6. It looked pretty good at the end of last season (keeping the defence guessing) & Benji was going to DH a bit in the test against the poms last week.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can see Marshal & Reynolds rotating between the 9 & 6. It looked pretty good at the end of last season (keeping the defence guessing) & Benji was going to Fake a bit in the test against the poms last week.

This might happen as well. We don't have Matterson this season though.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Mbye really needs to fire this year. He's being paid fullback money to play centre, and while hes a decent player I think we could get almost two players of his calibre for the money he is on.

I genuinely would love to see him start dominating that left edge. If he can't do it then he might need to start looking at a new club
I dislike this peaheart more than anyone else at WT.He plays with zero intensity he isn’t threatening in attack he isn’t quick & he’s the most unsuitable captain.

Him having to find another club will b triggered by Madge’s awareness of how useless he is.I have no doubt he won’t serve out his contract duration with us.

Tiger Ted

Bench
If he stays at centre. I can see him playing at 9. He will need to day a pay cut if he remains in the centres at the end of this contract. I reckon he was our best centre last year but he needs to improve on that.
05 I think ur opinion says more about how weak we were in the centres in ‘19.Personally I’ve got Momo ahead of this overpaid impostor as a centre.Hopefully Talau comes on rapidly & is able to secure one of the centre positions.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I can see Marshal & Reynolds rotating between the 9 & 6. It looked pretty good at the end of last season (keeping the defence guessing) & Benji was going to Fake a bit in the test against the poms last week.

Possibility but that seemed like a very short term solution. Plus we had Matterson to shift into 5/8 for the 25-30mins til Grub came on. Now we don’t have a ball playing back rower who can shift into the halves. Plus the spine isn’t something you really want to be rotating all year.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
On the other forum they're saying WT have signed Billy Brittain to our second tier Magpies squad. I suspect Liddles injury may be career ending as that forum also said his injury was worse than expected. Brittain is a safer back up than Reynolds and Walters. I also expect / hope that Reynolds will move on before season starts and Walters can concentrate on halves.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Read somewhere that Shannon Boyd at the Titans has been told he's surplus to their needs and can leave, I'm pretty sure he has worn the Green and Gold in the past and is a huge body which we lack, most careers end at the Gold Coast but he is still young and just needs to be whipped into shape.

Shredder

Juniors
AI agree Charlatan, I mean hes probably not taking up much cap space, but its the spot.

And every time he comes back from injury, he lasts 6 mins until hes done again.

He should take a leaf out of Tim Moltzen's book, hes a real estate agent now.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Read somewhere that Shannon Boyd at the Titans has been told he's surplus to their needs and can leave, I'm pretty sure he has worn the Green and Gold in the past and is a huge body which we lack, most careers end at the Gold Coast but he is still young and just needs to be whipped into shape.
One of the many players who we’ve made look like a world beater in a career best performance against us which he hasn’t been able to replicate against other teams.

MomoMud

Juniors
I would prefer a Ryan James who is, apparently, also on the outer at the Titans.

Tigerm

First Grade
Possibility but that seemed like a very short term solution. Plus we had Matterson to shift into 5/8 for the 25-30mins til Grub came on. Now we don’t have a ball playing back rower who can shift into the halves. Plus the spine isn’t something you really want to be rotating all year.
Understand your point, but I was thinking that they would both play the full game, rotating between the 6 & 9. They are both pro's.
My reasoning is, Benji will play and Josh is our highest paid player and he needs to fit in somewhere and as I said I thought they both played well when on he field.
We don't appear to be flush with 9's ATM.

WA Tiger

Bench
Understand your point, but I was thinking that they would both play the full game, rotating between the 6 & 9. They are both pro's.
My reasoning is, Benji will play and Josh is our highest paid player and he needs to fit in somewhere and as I said I thought they both played well when on he field.
We don't appear to be flush with 9's ATM.
I think your right..and ..If Reynolds hadn’t made an impact during his last stint he wouldn’t be there now... but Hooker gives Benji a sore back..it’s true ...

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
And u know what they say “What Benji wants...” ..actually it’s now “what Lattrel wants” ..Benjis been demoted..

WA Tiger

Bench
I dislike this peaheart more than anyone else at WT.He plays with zero intensity he isn’t threatening in attack he isn’t quick & he’s the most unsuitable captain.

Him having to find another club will b triggered by Madge’s awareness of how useless he is.I have no doubt he won’t serve out his contract duration with us.
Just because we spend a mil on Latrell..doesn’t mean Madge isn’t putting him at centre ..he’d have his own plans..At centre Lattrel would make Thompson look like a million dollars at fullback...and he’d be closer to the action..

BrotherJim05

Bench
If this is true about Liddle he needs to hang up the boots. He's young and been paid more than most people his age are paid. Go to uni, find a new career. Footy isn't the be all and end all.

I reckon Reynolds will be given the 9 Jersey and told he needs to play 80 mins. If he can't go quite the distance I imagine ET will slot in for a short stint. If Reynolds can transform himself into a good hooker it really solves a huge issue. Otherwise he needs to go to ESL as I'd rather give Walters a crack in the halves once Benji retires

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just because we spend a mil on Latrell..doesn’t mean Madge isn’t putting him at centre ..he’d have his own plans..At centre Lattrel would make Thompson look like a million dollars at fullback...and he’d be closer to the action..
This does make sense when u consider Thommos best position is fullback.Id b very content with a 3/4 line of Nofa Talau LM & Momo.If only we could offload Mbye or swap him for an upgrade.The titans would b a suitable home for Mbye.