What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
If we’ve $600k to spend, I don’t want half of it spent on a player who really isn’t much better or dissimilar than what we have, in a position where we’re not especially weak in.

FWIW I rate Capewell, I just don’t see how anyone can look at our squad & think we’re short on that type of player. I’ve named 2 already, 3 actually if you include Cartwright.

I see Yeo as being too slow for the centres or even the edge. Lock only for me which leaves Martin/Burns/Jed with 20 games combined as the edge backrowers. With Kikau who is only 50 games in and probably should get less game time. Less risk in doing that with Capewell on the bench instead of a guy with a couple of games under his belt

OldPanther

Coach
Without moving players we have a NSW Cup backline set. Of course guys may change position or Cartwright might be a centre

Edwards
To’o
Naden
Crichton
Mansour
Luai
Cleary

Laurie
McGrady
Aekins
Whare
MWZ
Burton
Blore

the squad is more even this year as far as positions go. Just need a few solid 1st graders like Capewell to put in early or as Form/injury hits

I forgot some of those names like a goose.

OldPanther

Coach
Hmm I know he won something haha I’ll have to read into the particulars of it but maybe. He possibly was fired with no pay straight up rather than being subject to a “no fault stand down policy”. I don’t really know tho tbh

Edit: It seems like he is going after the media for defamation but again I’m not 100 percent sure.

Didn’t Geoffrey Rush get a $1m cause he stood down due to accusations against him? I don’t see how it would be different here. I have heard the RLPA argue it was bad about a month ago. Not sure there is much they can do about it either way

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10991756

Geoffrey Rush wins defamation case against Nationwide News, publisher of The Daily Telegraph

Oscar-winning actor Geoffrey Rush has been awarded $850,000 in initial damages after winning his defamation case against Nationwide News over two articles published by The Daily Telegraph in 2017.

franklin2323

Immortal
I forgot some of those names like a goose.

Without doing any position changes we have a full team in NSW Cup and NRL. Last year was too forward heavy.

I will put Capewell instead of May but here goes

Edwards
Mansour
Naden
Crichton
To’o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Koroisau
Tamou
Kikau
Capewell
Yeo

Kenny
Leinu
Leota
Martin

Laurie
MWZ
Aekins
Whare
McGrady
Burton
Blore
Ellis
Luke
Hetherington
Burns
Cartwright
Blore

Harris
Fearnley
Trimboli
Myles
Gaut
McGrady
Staines

Anyone in NSW Cup I think could handle a game or 2. Longer term might be the issue that is where signing guys like Capewell is a must with the last few spots

OldPanther

Coach
Without doing any position changes we have a full team in NSW Cup and NRL. Last year was too forward heavy.

I will put Capewell instead of May but here goes

Edwards
Mansour
Naden
Crichton
To’o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Koroisau
Tamou
Kikau
Capewell
Yeo

Kenny
Leinu
Leota
Martin

Laurie
MWZ
Aekins
Whare
McGrady
Burton
Blore
Ellis
Luke
Hetherington
Burns
Cartwright
Blore

Harris
Fearnley
Trimboli
Myles
Gaut
McGrady
Staines

Anyone in NSW Cup I think could handle a game or 2. Longer term might be the issue that is where signing guys like Capewell is a must with the last few spots

Not too bad. No elites like JT or Cronk so Cleary will have to step up or we are stuffed but I don't mind it too much on balance. An injury or 2 won't kill us at least and can rotate guys so they don't hit the wall.

martielang

Bench
Yeo, prior to last year, was one of the most consistent edge forwards in the game. He was clearly affected by injury last year, I’d be giving him first crack on the edge again. If that doesn’t spark him, move him to the middle after a few weeks.

betcats

Referee
In patches he has played well but just not threatening or aggresive enough imo,more a number 13 now,,billy burns is more like it on the edge,a better attacking option.

It was really a down year for Yeo, he can play better next season but I agree he’s more of a 13. I think his one v one tackling when he played there this season was amazing he will do well in the middle if that’s what they do.

OldPanther

Coach
It was really a down year for Yeo, he can play better next season but I agree he’s more of a 13. I think his one v one tackling when he played there this season was amazing he will do well in the middle if that’s what they do.

I hope they do. Our middle defence will be air tight with Yeo in there helping the big guys.

Yeo, prior to last year, was one of the most consistent edge forwards in the game. He was clearly affected by injury last year, I’d be giving him first crack on the edge again. If that doesn’t spark him, move him to the middle after a few weeks.

Very solid player , but he’s never offered a heap in attack. Liam Martin on the edge might bring more to the position.

mxlegend99

Referee
Very solid player , but he’s never offered a heap in attack. Liam Martin on the edge might bring more to the position.
In 2018 he was 11th overall for post contact metres averaging 47.8 per game. 4 tries. 7 linebreaks. 798 tackles for only 31 missed.

I think people forget just how good he was. If he can stay fit and healthy he will remind us of how good he can be. Playing with one arm basically halved how effective he was defensively aswell as how tough his carries were

OldPanther

Coach
In 2018 he was 11th overall for post contact metres averaging 47.8 per game. 4 tries. 7 linebreaks. 798 tackles for only 31 missed.

I think people forget just how good he was. If he can stay fit and healthy he will remind us of how good he can be. Playing with one arm basically halved how effective he was defensively aswell as how tough his carries were

I'll never get over how dumb that was. After June 30 we had a good selection of guys who could play while he got surgery and would've had a full pre-season.

I like him, I really do. I just think he’s more suited to the workhorse role.

franklin2323

Immortal

they are middle stats. Linebreaks etc are what you want from the edge. Running at smaller halves etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts