What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Grand

Juniors
Boyd Cordner:
2019 - 6 linebreaks
2018 - 2 linebreaks
2017 - 8 linebreaks
2016 - 7 linebreaks
2015 - 3 linebreaks

This is from the NSW and Australian captain. Yeo is basically his clone only with improved defence.
My brother and I always joke about how Yeo and Cordner are equal talent but the difference is the club they play for..haha

franklin2323

Immortal
Boyd Cordner:
2019 - 6 linebreaks
2018 - 2 linebreaks
2017 - 8 linebreaks
2016 - 7 linebreaks
2015 - 3 linebreaks

This is from the NSW and Australian captain. Yeo is basically his clone only with improved defence.

stack our team like them and no problem but the right has nothing inside the 20 can’t all be Whare’s fault. Middle won’t change how well Yeo plays but will add to it if we get an edge player to offer something

age.s

First Grade
Does anyone else rate Martin as much as me? He needs to stop dropping the ball but he has an intensity that few of our guys can match outside maybe Fish.

I've posted about it a couple of times but I think he's great. I think all of his issues will be gone in a few years if he stays relatively injury free. If JFH is still playing at this level they'll be a disgusting duo.

One of my favorite moments this year was him hitting someone (Can't recall who) hard enough to provoke a reaction from the opposition and start a melee. I was sure he was going to get binned but he kept his cool and held a few guys off him. He's got a good head on him.

BxTom

Bench
I've posted about it a couple of times but I think he's great. I think all of his issues will be gone in a few years if he stays relatively injury free. If JFH is still playing at this level they'll be a disgusting duo.

One of my favorite moments this year was him hitting someone (Can't recall who) hard enough to provoke a reaction from the opposition and start a melee. I was sure he was going to get binned but he kept his cool and held a few guys off him. He's got a good head on him.
I recall that it was a big name that he hit, I just can't recall who. Fairly big forward if I recall correctly?

Blues Riff

Bench
I think it was Prior in the Sharks game (the rib tickler). He hung on for few minutes and left the field, season over.

Edit-The other incident was when Martin drove that Manly dude into the turf. The guy didn't like it and pulled him in for a little head butt, Martin didn't react.

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
So there is bulk whinging in here because of no rumours. We finally get a real rumour and the whinging increases, this place always delivers.

Didn't know the two were mutually exclusive? If you whinge about no rumours, do you then need to cheer every rumour from there on regardless of the player?

betcats

Referee
Didn't know the two were mutually exclusive? If you whinge about no rumours, do you then need to cheer every rumour from there on regardless of the player?

You don't have to do anything Martie, say what you like and so will I.

You literally talked down one of our young players to make a potential signing seem more mundane in order to bag the coach and club which IMO makes it obvious you are just out looking for reasons to whinge, but that is just my opinion.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
The longer the Latrell takes to sign anywhere, makes me think we are in the hunt.

No one knew a thing about Api, so it seems like the place has tightened up in terms of the word getting out on our end. No JWH now, we obviously need points, i really wouldn't understand if we were not looking at Mitchell.. Aside from the bullshit that comes attached.

martielang

Bench
You don't have to do anything Martie, say what you like and so will I.

You literally talked down one of our young players to make a potential signing seem more mundane in order to bag the coach and club which IMO makes it obvious you are just out looking for reasons to whinge, but that is just my opinion.

That's rubbish.

I'm questioning the potential signing of a player who seems to have similar attributes of 2, 3 or 4 other players we already have on our books.

franklin2323

Immortal
The longer the Latrell takes to sign anywhere, makes me think we are in the hunt.

No one knew a thing about Api, so it seems like the place has tightened up in terms of the word getting out on our end. No JWH now, we obviously need points, i really wouldn't understand if we were not looking at Mitchell.. Aside from the bullshit that comes attached.

I took the leaks to be new management trying to save face

betcats

Referee
That's rubbish.

I'm questioning the potential signing of a player who seems to have similar attributes of 2, 3 or 4 other players we already have on our books.

Where does the 4 players come from? You compared Capewell to Yeo and Burns, that is 2(happy to do a recount for you) mate and you only got 2 by simplifying Burns game either through genuine ignorance or as I suspect, a desire to talk down all things Ivan Cleary.

MrBlack

Juniors

My thoughts exactly. We may swoop at the last minute and take him away from the Tigers.

Would be another popular act out Tigerway.

martielang

Bench
Where does the 4 players come from? You compared Capewell to Yeo and Burns, that is 2(happy to do a recount for you) mate and you only got 2 by simplifying Burns game either through genuine ignorance or as I suspect, a desire to talk down all things Ivan Cleary.

I don't get why you think I'm so anti-IC. I don't think any of my criticisms are unjustified or at least have some merit to them.

Yeo, Burns, Cartwright & Capewell all have similar attributes, hardly an outrageous claim. Franklin is banging on about experience but Capewell hasn't exactly been a mainstay in the backrow for Cronulla, so I don't think we hugely gain much on that front & I don't think he'll be that cheap. He's a good player, clubs are fighting over him. I still can't see the thinking behind it. If we were looking at a L Leilua type, I'd get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.