What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
St George Illawarra Dragons in 2020
Where will they finish in the Telstra Premiership?

St George Illawarra Dragons in 2020 Where will they finish in the Telstra Premiership?
  • They’ll be premiers
    9%
  • In the finals but no title
    22%
  • Just miss the playoffs
    31%
  • Around the bottom of the ladder
    38%
10,526 Votes

remote.axd
It's all set up nicely for me to put a sneaky $100 on them and reap the rewards.

blacksafake

First Grade
St George Illawarra Dragons in 2020

Where will they finish in the Telstra Premiership?

St George Illawarra Dragons in 2020 Where will they finish in the Telstra Premiership?
  • They’ll be premiers
    8%
  • In the finals but no title
    21%
  • Just miss the playoffs
    31%
  • Around the bottom of the ladder
    40%
8,991 Votes

sack-mcgregor-2020-jpg.34092
Can’t it happen sooner :pray:

The last 2 months have been the highlight of the year, not having to listen to the crap, spin and deflection coming out of the Peanuts mouth.
This morning's manipulated PR stunt with his mate Lozza made me spew and reinvigorated my absolute disgust in our club.
So his good buddy & Chairman of the JV Mr Andrew Gordon asks his mate Mary to stick around and get fellow mate, Mr Gould to do the claytons review whilst Mary visits Hollywood to learn more about acting as a coach. Then when he returns, get great mate Lozza Daley to conduct a riveting spin media interview.
FMD do they expect us to swallow their shit & cockups!

McGregor.. you can’t!

24 coaches interviewed this year... and yet we still have this coaching fraud in our midst.

The continual spewing of his rhetoric to his soft cock media mates...who in turn, try to sell it to us as evidence of process and action... is astounding.

McGregor.. you can’t!

“We’ve got to get our ‘D’ right and we change the way we play and after six rounds, people can judge then. But we’ve got to get to those six rounds before people start judging.”- McGregor

3 months before we start .. and he is already starting the excuse game.. talk about a winning culture.

How does that sit with you Gus... sounds like this ‘culture change’ thing has really taken root.

Gus... you can’t...

——
St George Illawarra powerbrokers considered 14 coaching options before rewarding Paul McGregor with a two-year contract extension in April.

“I interviewed 10 coaches and Shane was the most impressive in our interviews,” McGregor said.

Gareth67

First Grade
McGregor.. you can’t!

24 coaches interviewed this year... and yet we still have this coaching fraud in our midst.

The continual spewing of his rhetoric to his soft c**k media mates...who in turn, try to sell it to us as evidence of process and action... is astounding.

McGregor.. you can’t!

“We’ve got to get our ‘D’ right and we change the way we play and after six rounds, people can judge then. But we’ve got to get to those six rounds before people start judging.”- McGregor

3 months before we start .. and he is already starting the excuse game.. talk about a winning culture.

How does that sit with you Gus... sounds like this ‘culture change’ thing has really taken root.

Gus... you can’t...

——
St George Illawarra powerbrokers considered 14 coaching options before rewarding Paul McGregor with a two-year contract extension in April.

“I interviewed 10 coaches and Shane was the most impressive in our interviews,” McGregor said.

Well said Too old too slow . Unfortunately for the supporters the decision has been made and we need to take THEIR medicine , whether we like it or not .

A bit like dear old dad use to say to us when we were kids “ now Cecil this castor oil may not taste the best , but at least it will put hair on your chest son “

Well the old boy was right about that , there plenty on my chest but none on my head ! And that’s the way we will all end up - bald as bluudy badgers whilst the maestro is in charge !

Last edited:
Why is your club spending tens of thousands of precious membership dollars sending Fester on a sporting pinstripe psychobabble managerial bastard circle jerk junket to the USA?

I’ve heard a rumour that a few of the attendees saw Mary there and demanded a full discount! Empty chairs either side of him in the auditorium.

That he has come back and is jumping up and down telling everyone how great it was and how much he learned ....must be extremely embarrassing for you.

If Mary went over there and he didn’t learn that he should resign, he’s learnt nothing. The club should demand its money back plus airfares. Ring the american version of fair trading.

He said the conference taught him he shouldn’t worry and accept things. Well don’t worry about your job fester and accept you can’t coach.

We could have told you that over a warm lager in a pub in Kogarah or Figtree for $3 during happy hour.

If there’s an expensive, messy, embarrassing and mostly pointless way to do something, Mary will somehow find a way. He’s beyond picking that up at a conference overseas, it comes naturally to him. It completes him.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It's all set up nicely for me to put a sneaky $100 on them and reap the rewards.

FCD,
You have much better odds and satisfaction knowing your donation to the OKB Retirement Fund is a real option rather than pie in the sky stuff with McIdiot making the finals.

Phone 1800GOFUNDOKB1 today!

All donations over $10 are fully tax deductible. OKB also accepts Dan Murphys gift vouchers......hic.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Well said Too old too slow . Unfortunately for the supporters the decision has been made and we need to take THEIR medicine , whether we like it or not .

A bit like dear old dad use to say to us when we were kids “ now Cecil this castor oil may not taste the best , but at least it will put hair on your chest son “

Well the old boy was right about that , there plenty on my chest but none on my head !

Gareth67,

I had a crew-cut but the crew baled out!

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
How's the shit about.... "I interviewed over 10 coaches & Shane was the best"
Which translates to :
CEO Johnno spoke to the former assistants that got arse wiped out of their jobs and instigated getting the former Sharks coaching brains trust of Flanno & Shepherd, then telling Mary his power has been undermined. The Peanut spits the dummy running to Gordon, whom sends him on an American holiday/seminar. Johnno hands in his resignation in disgust!
Whilst away, Mary speaks to some American coaches (around 10) whom all fail to return to the seminar.
Mission accomplished & call Lozza to get it out there about his passion, hard work & all round good guy.

This is My opinion of what's gone down!

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Which translates to :
CEO Johnno spoke to the former assistants that got arse wiped out of their jobs and instigated getting the former Sharks coaching brains trust of Flanno & Shepherd, then telling Mary he's power has been undermined. The Peanut spits the dummy running to Gordon, whom sends him on an American holiday/seminar. Johnno hands in his resignation in disgust!
Whilst away, Mary speaks to some American coaches (around 10) whom all fail to return to the seminar.
Mission accomplished & call Lozza to get it out there about his passion, hard work & all round good guy.

Coffs, We should call you, Detective Dragon!

Gareth67

First Grade
Which translates to :
CEO Johnno spoke to the former assistants that got arse wiped out of their jobs and instigated getting the former Sharks coaching brains trust of Flanno & Shepherd, then telling Mary he's power has been undermined. The Peanut spits the dummy running to Gordon, whom sends him on an American holiday/seminar. Johnno hands in his resignation in disgust!

I was told that he caught the wrong plane and somehow or other ended up at the Trump impeachment trial - as a witness for the Donald himself !

Perhaps that’s the reason he cannot stop talking ?

I loved the line when he said “ Shanes a nice fella , just can’t wait to bounce a few ideas of him “
Good lawd is this bloke for real ? Mcgregor needs someone to tell him to shut the F**k up and turn into a sponge so as he can soak up every syllable of every word that Flanagan says to him , as that is the only way the Dragons won’t revisit their 2019 season from hell .

Listen and learn Mary - for everyone’s sake .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Which translates to :

Great Theory. I reckon he spoke to 9 other prospective coaches who hung up on him when they realised who it was. So he did speak to them and Flanno was a Gould recommendation nothing else and Mary had no say as he had none in Shepherd
Does not say much for Shepherd's interview then....thats right you did not interview Shep because Flanno recommended him and no doubt was one of the carrots to get him over the line.
Who interviewed and employed all the other staff Mary?.....you didnt...lot of it was done by Pickworth.
Whose decision was it to change facilities..not yours. Pickworth again.
So much of your footprints in all areas of the building!!!

I'd love to see an interview with the departing Ben Hornby from under the bus wheel.
No Ben's heart is really with the club he wont lower himself to rat on others and tell it like it is. He will stay quiet!

71saintsimon

Juniors
12.5k Dragons:dragon_face: supporters, can't be :x:wrong.
SACK McGregor....
Why would u sack Paul mcdud? In his 6 yrs as coach his shown his love for journey men in there twilight years ,his given juniors bare minimum opportunity his shown that no matter the poor result week in week out his certain love child’s that contribute nothing never get dropped his also had some great cricket scores racked up against his coached sides over the years and his managed to con management that this is all his support staffs fault not his , but hang on a minute he was 85 minutes from a grand final he deserves another extension

Tuddy

Juniors
In the interview with Daley he talks about the Dragons being referred to as the May Premiers. His viewpoint is that he is doing something right if we have that tag and they just need to keep it going for another five months. He still doesn't get burning your players out in the first few months of the competition won't get you a premiership. This clearly shows the guy has learnt absolutely nothing in the last six years.

Look, I'm a solutions driven guy, let's find the guy a role he can excel at. Like 'Head of Excuses', there could be no one better suited surely.

to_ddeath

Coach
Blabs on about drawing a line through 2019...yet constantly refers to being ‘85 minutes from a grand final’ from the previous year.
They see the supporter base as nothing more than goldfish with dollar signs on them.
Bloody appalling yet it’s the de rigeur with these asshats & clowns every year.