What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Dragonsamy

Bench
God knows what goes through Mc85's mind. But I can assure you the wing experiment will be over.
Zac just wanted a chance in pre-season at fullback because the club is still unsure where to go with that...that is all why it happened. No guarantees but it cant hurt after last year can it not..especially if the decision on Dufty has been made he is not wanted?..which may be the case..I am not sure.

Zac is humble enough if it does not work out in pre-season or even a few games he will play centre I am sure. Like the Ponga to 6 experiment..they pulled the pin early enough no real drama.
Problem with Mann he went from a starting 1 back to reggies or utility. That was a mistake. He deserved a centre or winger starting spot if fullback was not his go...which it never has been anyway..another stupid Mc85 decision.
They wont make the same mistake me thinks with Zac. He will be a starting centre if not fullback. I think he will end up there sooner than later anyway....but I have been wrong many times before...we will see!

You are making to much sense. Maybe you should be the coach. I'm sure you would do a better job

BLM01

First Grade
You are making to much sense. Maybe you should be the coach. I'm sure you would do a better job
My coaching days of todays male youth are now behind me...being an administrator in a club is hard enough.
But a womens side I am open to...at this stage they show a willingness to learn or fit into club culture

SEAT 1A

Bench
Great news at last.

Well done to both sides as it seems that Zac wanted to stay with a longer contact and the club was able to offer a figure that wasn't silly as Zac has his best ahead and there was blood in the water from other clubs.

I don't mind offering him fullback if that helped him stay and the length of the contract offers time to find the best position.

On a side note, good to see the difference in negations between Zac and Latrell's.

Different beasts I suppose and Mary can't help himself to stay in the background.

possm

Coach
Fumble bum
A new 6 year deal and first crack at fullback. Lomax is on his way to be our 'Changa Langlands' of this new era.

Aitken to start in Canterbury Cup even though Lomax is at fullback.

Get on board or you will be left behind.

Dragonsamy

Bench
My coaching days of todays male youth are now behind me...being an administrator in a club is hard enough.
But a womens side I am open to...at this stage they show a willingness to learn or fit into club culture

BLM01
The dragons ladies coach is doing a great job but maybe one day they will call you

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
A new 6 year deal and first crack at fullback. Lomax is on his way to be our 'Changa Langlands' of this new era.

Aitken to start in Canterbury Cup even though Lomax is at fullback.

Get on board or you will be left behind.

Possm
He's more likely to be a Darius Boyd type of fullback , than a Chang's type.
Hope he is that good would be great if so.

BLM01

First Grade
BLM01
The dragons ladies coach is doing a great job but maybe one day they will call you
I am not so sure about Lacey and been disappointed so far. I was very disappointed in their game tactics plans and lack of middle aggression when we opened the cheque book and bought all these so called good players. We were favourites for a reason but failed to live to the hype....reminds of someone else who i dont want to mention.
If it was not for Jess Sergis and at times the fullback I thought we were ordinary TBH across the park and did not play as a team.
They were lucky in the end to beat the Roosters..but the Broncos were far superior all round and they even poached a couple of our discards.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I am not so sure about Lacey and been disappointed so far. I was very disappointed in their game tactics plans and lack of middle aggression when we opened the cheque book and bought all these so called good players. We were favourites for a reason but failed to live to the hype....reminds of someone else who i dont want to mention.
If it was not for Jess Sergis and at times the fullback I thought we were ordinary TBH across the park and did not play as a team.
They were lucky in the end to beat the Roosters..but the Broncos were far superior all round and they even poached a couple of our discards.

I understand what your saying but I think they have done well.
The Broncos have the advantage that many of there players have played together for many year.
But next year will tell.
Nothing less than winning will suffice

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Lomax putting in the work
Dragons Den
r0_0_5171_3620_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Zac Lomax is currently the Dragons first-choice No. 1. Picture: NRL Images

HE'S been written into the Dragons No. 1 jumper in ink but that fact hasn't seen any slackening in Zac Lomax's attitude according to Cam McInnes.

McGregor has made a rare preemptive call in saying Lomax will get first shot at fullback this season despite Matt Dufty and Tristan Sailor both waiting in the wings.

It will see the rising star anchor a back five that plenty have raised doubts about heading into the 2020 season, but McInnes is confident Lomax is up to the task.

"He's a very, very competitive kid, he's got a lot of talent and the thing I love about him is he wants to get into everything," McInnes said.

"He wants to tackle down on the [try] line, he wants to catch every ball, he wants to run, he just wants to be in the game. I think as a fullback that's half the battle.

"You look at the best fullbacks, Billy Slater, James Tedesco, they just seem like they've always got the ball in their hands. That's him... he's young and energetic and that's what you want in a fullback."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6593295/lomax-putting-in-the-work/?cs=3713

Gareth67

First Grade
The very best of good fortune to the young man , may he make every post a winner.

I can only hope that we will all see Saab , Sailor and also Duffy playing alongside Lomax in first grade for many years to come - we simply cannot afford to squander such talented youth any longer .

They must be given their chance to gain top grade experience and by so doing fulfill their respective potential.

That is what will make the Dragons great again . :innocent:

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
The very best of good fortune to the young man , may he make every post a winner.

I can only hope that we will all see Saab , Sailor and also Duffy playing alongside Lomax in first grade for many years to come - we simply cannot afford to squander such talented youth any longer .

They must be given their chance to gain top grade experience and by so doing fulfill their respective potential.

That is what will make the Dragons great again . :innocent:
I think Saab will be playing alongside Lomax for many years to come. However, I doubt that Dufty will be. I think Sailor's only chance is if he can nail down the 5/8 position, but he currently has Norman and Hunt ahead of him in the halves, then we have Sullivan and Wishart coming through and if Flanno becomes our long term coach, there would be a big chance that he will want to bring Kyle here to play either 5/8 or halfback. Sailor has quite a lot of competition ahead of him. I do think he is a very good 5/8 prospect and if he doesn't make it here, then I won't be surprised to see him make it somewhere else. He has great attacking instincts. He has a very good running game, good short passing game and good short attacking kicking game.

BLM01

First Grade
I think Saab will be playing alongside Lomax for many years to come. However, I doubt that Dufty will be. I think Sailor's only chance is if he can nail down the 5/8 position, but he currently has Norman and Hunt ahead of him in the halves, then we have Sullivan and Wishart coming through and if Flanno becomes our long term coach, there would be a big chance that he will want to bring Kyle here to play either 5/8 or halfback. Sailor has quite a lot of competition ahead of him. I do think he is a very good 5/8 prospect and if he doesn't make it here, then I won't be surprised to see him make it somewhere else. He has great attacking instincts. He has a very good running game, good short passing game and good short attacking kicking game.
Although I think he could make it at fullback with a bit more bulk on him in time

possm

Coach
At this point in time, the centres are our weakest link and so, I'd like to see Mary experimanet in the pre-season games with Sailor or Norman at left centre and the Ravalawa and the two new recruits at right centre.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
At this point in time, the centres are our weakest link and so, I'd like to see Mary experimanet in the pre-season games with Sailor or Norman at left centre and the Ravalawa and the two new recruits at right centre.
WHOS PLAYING IN THE HALVES IF NORMAN IS AT CENTRE WITH SAILOR MAYBE ID HAVE A GO WITH WILLAME AND RAVALAWA IN THE TRIALS TO SEE WHAT THEY CAN BRING

BLM01

First Grade
Why experiment in trials with guys way out of position (Sailor & Norman) likely never ever to play there.
To much family indulgence for you this weekend.
How about we trial Dufty, Lomax & Sailor at fullback and see how that goes to pick 1 as I dont think Ramsay is allowed at NRL yet?..not sure
How about in the centres we trial the dynamic duo, ZAC, Williame, Tyrrel and if you must Rav.
Surely he can make some decisions from there
That is too hard for Mary to do something simple, logical and straightforward though.
Possm you are going out to far to solve a simple problem

Bench
Sailor would be my choice to have a go at 5/8. In trial games none of the players Sailor etc get any decent time on the field to push for a permanent spot in first grade.
I may be a pessimist but I think Lafai and Aitken will be picked for round 1

Latest posts