What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

He is 100% training at fullback. But De Belin is also training at 2nd receiver, so who the hell knows what they are doing down there (I see them training on my lunch walks)

As for Lomax, big contract for a guy that has played so few games. One that most would have wanted to go to Dufty just 12 months ago, and look what's happened to him. Not sure at this point in his career he warrants 500k per season, but I guess that is the market these days. No way some of these other players like David Fifita warrant 1m a season at this point either, but gotta make hay while the sun still shines as they say.

Maybe Mary likes DeBelin at Five Eight.
After all he has already played him at Half Back.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah, as I said I thought he was promised the FB role.
Thx for the update.

Agree with your assessment re the length of contract. I have posted something similar.
TS..Zac has not been promised anything. He just wanted a shot and not mucked around like a yo-yo as per last year.
But I will keep saying he should be and his money he is getting reflects a good centre and i stand by that is his and will be his best position....but cant deny anyone a chance if they think they can handle it.
I still think Dufty can be our number 1 if he wants to earn and keep it.

BLM01

First Grade
He is 100% training at fullback. But De Belin is also training at 2nd receiver, so who the hell knows what they are doing down there (I see them training on my lunch walks)

As for Lomax, big contract for a guy that has played so few games. One that most would have wanted to go to Dufty just 12 months ago, and look what's happened to him. Not sure at this point in his career he warrants 500k per season, but I guess that is the market these days. No way some of these other players like David Fifita warrant 1m a season at this point either, but gotta make hay while the sun still shines as they say.
And training in the centre position

Walpole

Juniors
Possm
That is extremely high praise.
If he is half as good that will be fantastic
You're not wrong - let's get him up to the standard of some of the good Dragons No. 1's first (like Brian Johnson, Mick Potter, Darius Boyd) before we start comparing him to our greatest fullback.

TruSaint

Referee
TS..Zac has not been promised anything. He just wanted a shot and not mucked around like a yo-yo as per last year.
But I will keep saying he should be and his money he is getting reflects a good centre and i stand by that is his and will be his best position....but cant deny anyone a chance if they think they can handle it.
I still think Dufty can be our number 1 if he wants to earn and keep it.

I assumed he was starting at fullback as was announced a while back, and his own words.

“With 2020, I’ve attacked every session possible and soaked up as much information as I can when it comes to playing fullback. I realise I still have a lot to learn but it’s a challenge I’m really looking forward to.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/86d8d4ba2941ff3fe387bd8c3630ccff

Dragsters

First Grade
If he truly wants what's best for the team, then imo we need him at right centre and either dufty or sailor can play at the back.

Unless we can snare BJ Leilua then I reckon right centre is where we need Zac most...

BLM01

First Grade
I assumed he was starting at fullback as was announced a while back, and his own words.

“With 2020, I’ve attacked every session possible and soaked up as much information as I can when it comes to playing fullback. I realise I still have a lot to learn but it’s a challenge I’m really looking forward to.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/86d8d4ba2941ff3fe387bd8c3630ccff
Not saying he is not going to start if he is the best option from pre-season.
I responded to your quote "Yeah, as I said I thought he was promised the FB role."..no biggie..thats all...
which plenty have implied has happended as a condition that he signed
He wanted a crack is more closer to the mark as a condition which obviously has been guaranteed
No doubt training there and given it his best shot....no promises though it is his spot...yet

TruSaint

Referee
Not saying he is not going to start if he is the best option from pre-season.
I responded to your quote "Yeah, as I said I thought he was promised the FB role."..no biggie..thats all...
which plenty have implied has happended as a condition that he signed
He wanted a crack is more closer to the mark as a condition which obviously has been guaranteed
No doubt training there and given it his best shot....no promises though it is his spot...yet

No problem at all, and Im not disputing you.
It was more than one media outlet that made the claim Zac was promised xyz.

I think he's a centre, thats all. I could be wrong and he may well do well at 1.

Old Timer

Coach
Thanks scoop..

Who would ever have thunk it..
And you don't play the man or try to derail things?
You could just let it through to the keeper but not good old muzby he just has to try and initiate a response that he can then make into a case of people derailing threads or abusing people.
You are a conniving merkin if ever their was one.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
And you don't play the man or try to derail things?
You could just let it through to the keeper but not good old muzby he just has to try and initiate a response that he can then make into a case of people derailing threads or abusing people.
You are a conniving merkin if ever their was one.
Ok boomer.

Latest posts