What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors

franklin2323

Immortal
In line with what you're saying I think the tall guys are a must. That new rule will make it virtually impossible to defend.

Strong winger can steal the ball back though. Guys like Maumalo still have a place in the game. I honestly don’t see it doing much more then cleaning up contested kicks.

If that fails then players will end up all in the bin and the rule gets changed back. No way coaches like Bellamy, Des etc just accept opposition players taking bombs and scoring without an effort from their guys

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We didnt hide our hand very well by removing his profile from our website.

I think we are hoping the NRL do the dirty work so as not to potentially upset any teammates by sacking him ourselves.

According to Blade it's now in the hands of the NRL intergrity unit.

So it's not about getting someone to do dirty work. Is it perhaps outrage for the sack of outrage (just asking) ?

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I have to be careful here.

I won't comment on his plea deal.

He is at the moment officially still contracted to the club pending court sentencing and the NRL's Integrity Unit's outcome.
The NRL Integrity Unit will decide any punishment after court proceedings.

Mxlegend.

mxlegend99

Referee

So it's not about getting someone to do dirty work. It is perhaps outrage for the sack of outrage (just asking) ?
We can sack him before the integrity unit is involved. Waiting for them to to make their decision could prevent us from having to though.

You really think if their decision is a slap on the wrist and time served we will put him back on our site and let him play? I can't see it happening.

kinghippo

Juniors
It’s quite different. May has been found guilty of a crime, I doubt he’d have much room to sue.
I hope he doesn’t but It is a big test case really and it depends on how far he wants to go with it.

It will be easier to sort out if he gets a big sentence, but there is a possibility the players union could get behind him and drag the saga out.

I hope he goes away quietly one way or another but I think the club and NRL are going to be very careful about their approach.

roofromoz

First Grade
We didnt hide our hand very well by removing his profile from our website.

I think we are hoping the NRL do the dirty work so as not to potentially upset any teammates by sacking him ourselves.

Wasn't he named in the initial 2020 squad though?

Donald J Trump

Juniors
I for one hope May doesn't play for our club again. He hangs out with his brain dead mates at Panthers all the time and thinks he is Craig Gower after 2003

Blade23

Juniors

So it's not about getting someone to do dirty work. Is it perhaps outrage for the sack of outrage (just asking) ?

Integrity Unit won't do anything until after sentencing. They are still dragging the chain with David Fifita at the moment.

Clubs have to be a bit mindful of player welfare after what happened to Ryan Tandy.
A bit more onus on them not to cut and run to quickly.
Removing his profile from the website was more PR related.
He is still around the club.
The Integrity Unit is unlikely to take in account time already served.

Status
Not open for further replies.