What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally not bothered in the slightest by this. I swear we sacked him before and brought him back not long after due to people being unhappy. I like him but at the end of the day he's just a man with a mic.

He does a decent job... and his voice is so familiar another will be odd. But I doubt people will really notice after a few months.

we win games it is packed regardless. If something else can come in and entertain then so be it

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm old fashioned I love the 3 games of footy on the same day. Many don't and I understand this. I go to the footy to watch the game. / s. Everything else to me is mere froth and bubbles.

I am like you. I get times change but I am not a fan of gates open at 7. For a 7.55 kick off with nothing happening. Hopefully the money saved here goes to improving entertainment

franklin2323

Immortal
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Why wasn't his contract renewed? Very odd.

I wouldn’t say it ain’t broke. NRL wide more needs to be done to improve attendance

That is the big question.

I am hoping a staff member like Tim Browne that does the post game interviews does the announcing and the money saved goes towards some kind of entertainment

Fangs

Coach
I wouldn’t say it ain’t broke. NRL wide more needs to be done to improve attendance

That is the big question.

I am hoping a staff member like Tim Browne that does the post game interviews does the announcing and the money saved goes towards some kind of entertainment

Is his ground announcing broken? I really don't think it is.

I think we are talking about different things. Unless you think he needs to be removed to have some wide sweeping cultural change. I don't know the guy but he is an announcer with a personality which the majority of fans like. If you wanted to improve the game day experience he wouldn't be the place to start.

franklin2323

Immortal
Is his ground announcing broken? I really don't think it is.

I think we are talking about different things. Unless you think he needs to be removed to have some wide sweeping cultural change. I don't know the guy but he is an announcer with a personality which the majority of fans like. If you wanted to improve the game day experience he wouldn't be the place to start.

Goes with the whole package though. He isn’t doing it for free my guess would be $5k. I highly doubt anyone goes ‘Oh I can’t miss the game the ground announcer is awesome’

If that $50-60k over the year can be used better to get people out of the loungeroom and at the game then much better.

If it is just to be tightasses then it is poor PR and timing

Fangs

Coach
Goes with the whole package though. He isn’t doing it for free my guess would be $5k. I highly doubt anyone goes ‘Oh I can’t miss the game the ground announcer is awesome’

If that $50-60k over the year can be used better to get people out of the loungeroom and at the game then much better.

If it is just to be tightasses then it is poor PR and timing

No one will stop watching us play over a ground announcer.

If it's about money then I'll understand. Though it hasn't been an issue before.

franklin2323

Immortal
No one will stop watching us play over a ground announcer.

If it's about money then I'll understand. Though it hasn't been an issue before.

No doubt some brand new plan concieved while on a business junket OS. If it gets bums on seats then good work another one of the proof is in the detail

flash

Juniors
Hopefully hells bells and epic are finally put to bed.

Faith no more were awesome but I can’t see Brian Too bring pumped for the second half by Mike Patton vocals.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Nah it's awesome driving down and spending the day in Penrith followed by 3 games.

I agree. I come down for a couple of games a year. I buy one of those 6 pack packages and generally take someone else with me. My son tends to roll his eyes at watching 3 games and getting there for gates open. But I ignore him and do it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.