What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brayden Williame

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Happy with a smart value signing that can left or right side centre or wing

Seems to have so i good energy about him

To be honest More excited that he may p4ove give us lots of flexibility with moving on some more expensive cap players that are not performing before the talented youth emerge

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yes Ian you are right...not many people have heard of him and there are reasons for that which we all know
And after we punted Agar you reckon he was happy to just give you the good oil on Williame...honestly..
Bit like Wayne endorsing Pricey as a NRL head coach.
Sorry guys to be a spoil sport but cant get excited about this purchase ATM

Their might be a swap in some way sooner rather then later !!

Good contact to have OS for helping lighten our cap

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I just saw Millward on dragons tv glorifying himself and staff on the signing on a Fijian international.

The guy Millward is a joke and I can’t believe a club like ours allows a moron to negotiate deals and this guy is the bloke to convince players why you should come play for dragons.

My God where in trouble

possm

Coach
Yes Ian you are right...not many people have heard of him and there are reasons for that which we all know
And after we punted Agar you reckon he was happy to just give you the good oil on Williame...honestly..
Bit like Wayne endorsing Pricey as a NRL head coach.
Sorry guys to be a spoil sport but cant get excited about this purchase ATM
Williame replaces Maranta; why do we keep doing this?

Why not Sailor at left centre?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A couple of points from the Millward interview:

1. Zac will he our fullback
2. Williame will put pressure on existing players "putting them on their toes"
3. Signed 2yrs with some players coming off contract.
4. Can play centre or wing.

So, to me this points directly at Lafai. He needs to lift his game in 2020 or Williame will be playing left centre sooner or later. If Lafai performs then Williame can play left wing. Tgisxalso reflects on the signing of SSE for 3yrs, which timeline wise, I feel is the end.for our Mr Timmy boy.

George Dragon

Juniors
A couple of points from the Millward interview:

1. Zac will he our fullback
2. Williame will put pressure on existing players "putting them on their toes"
3. Signed 2yrs with some players coming off contract.
4. Can play centre or wing.

So, to me this points directly at Lafai. He needs to lift his game in 2020 or Williame will be playing left centre sooner or later. If Lafai performs then Williame can play left wing. Tgisxalso reflects on the signing of SSE for 3yrs, which timeline wise, I feel is the end.for our Mr Timmy boy.
Timmy is a picture of health, got20191217_215950.jpg years left in him.

BLM01

First Grade
Fair point
Just a value base payment signing with bonuses if he makes it

Are u guys hearing aitken to Melb as well?
Yes been bandied around for a little bit..but if Bellamy sees something in Aitken..we better not let him go because it will come back to bite us o_O....but a swap deal for the Fox..I am OK with it.

BLM01

First Grade
I just saw Millward on dragons tv glorifying himself and staff on the signing on a Fijian international.

The guy Millward is a joke and I can’t believe a club like ours allows a moron to negotiate deals and this guy is the bloke to convince players why you should come play for dragons.

My God where in trouble
We were in trouble at this club well before Millward was appointed recruitment boss.
What did you expect him to say when interviewed about announcing a signing.
They aint going to ridicule it in front of their own fans and media

getsmarty

Immortal
Williame boosts St George Illawarra Dragons attacking strike
Dragons Den
New colours: Brayden Williame. Picture: Nathan Hopkins/NRL Imagery

Former Dragons playmaker and Manly coach Trent Barrett's personal recommendation resulted in St George Illawarra recruiting outside back Brayden Williame in a bid to reignite their NRL premiership hopes next year.

After weeks of speculation, the Dragons announced Williame will move to Wollongong on a two-year deal after a sting with Super League club Catalan.

The Fijian international spent three years in France after stints with Manly and Parramatta.

"Brayden is coming to the Dragons off the back of a great season where he was one of the Super League's best centres," Dragons recruitment manager Ian Millward said.

"We have had dialogue with (former Sea Eagles coach) Trent Barrett about what he saw in Brayden as a player and how he goes about his business. Leeds Rhinos coach Richard Agar, who was on our staff last year, spoke really highly of Brayden also.

"He's a real threat with the ball in hand."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...st-george-illawarra-dragons-attacking-strike/

BLM01

First Grade
Williame boosts St George Illawarra Dragons attacking strike
Dragons Den
New colours: Brayden Williame. Picture: Nathan Hopkins/NRL Imagery

Former Dragons playmaker and Manly coach Trent Barrett's personal recommendation resulted in St George Illawarra recruiting outside back Brayden Williame in a bid to reignite their NRL premiership hopes next year.

After weeks of speculation, the Dragons announced Williame will move to Wollongong on a two-year deal after a sting with Super League club Catalan.

The Fijian international spent three years in France after stints with Manly and Parramatta.

"Brayden is coming to the Dragons off the back of a great season where he was one of the Super League's best centres," Dragons recruitment manager Ian Millward said.

"We have had dialogue with (former Sea Eagles coach) Trent Barrett about what he saw in Brayden as a player and how he goes about his business. Leeds Rhinos coach Richard Agar, who was on our staff last year, spoke really highly of Brayden also.

"He's a real threat with the ball in hand."

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...st-george-illawarra-dragons-attacking-strike/
Good on Barrett..the panthers assistant coach
When Mary rings him before we play the Panthers early on will Barrett pass on their game plans to us as well.... since he likes to see our side in 2020 be successful
One of the best centres in super league or for 2019 anyway since you have been apparently watching him....is that so Ian
That would make him round about 30th best centre in the NRL behind Aitken at 29....No. 32 Lafai

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
St. George Illawarra confirms signing of centre Brayden Williame on two-year deal

Written By Ed Chisholm
@ChisholmEd
FacebookTwitterEmailCopy Link
League
St. George-Illawarra Dragons
League
The rumours that Brayden Williame would be joining the St. George Illawarra Dragons have been confirmed, with the embattled club announcing his two-year contract.

Following his release from French-based Super League side Catalans Dragons, the Fijian international has been closely linked with a move to Wollongong.

Williame becomes the Dragons' third signing this off-season alongside Trent Merrin and Issac Luke, and will remain with the club until the end of the 2021 season.

The 2018 Challenge Cup-winning centre, who joined Catalans in 2016 after stints with Parramatta and Manly, has over 100 first grade games to his name.

More: Kyle Flanagan levels sly dig at Cronulla Sharks following Roosters move

The 26-year-old was also one of the shining lights to Fiji's end-of-season Test matches and World Cup Nines campaign.

St. George Illawarra's list manager Ian Millward said Williame was a key addition to the club's backline stocks ahead of the 2020 season.

"Brayden is coming to the Dragons off the back of a great season where he was one of the Super League's best centres," Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward said.

"He's a real threat with the ball in hand which was on show when he played for Fiji during their end-of-season Tests. Dragons members and fans will enjoy watching Brayden play."

Aside from landing the signature's of Merrin, Luke and Williame this off-season, the Dragons are also riding an exciting re-signing streak, with the club retaining exciting youngsters Zac Lomax and Tristan Sailor recently.

Another international has joined the Dragons' ranks for 2020 - https://t.co/118mUf151W #redv pic.twitter.com/zG9EjJ95mr

— St George Illawarra Dragons (@NRL_Dragons) December 17, 2019

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...me-on-two-year-deal/kkfdsv0hbcnj17jzobdp1zlmr