What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
FFS you haven’t been following very closely have. I can’t be f**ked finding my post but I already said exactly that. So Mr. Accountant for developers, if one of them came to you and said “I’m a fan of the Cowboys and I want to give Taumolololo a bit of money to keep him there. So want I’ve done is written up a contract for one of my properties for $200k less than what I’m selling the other ones for. He doesn’t have to do anything for the money then. Hopefully he’ll stay then. I mean it worked with JT, Bowen, Rod Jensen and Josh Hannay” you wouldn’t at all be concerned?
But anyway, as I’ve reiterated over and over, Mole said selling below market wasn’t illegal. In itself he’s correct, but it can and does often lead to illegal actions particularly when you are selling to a select group of potentially commercially related people. That was all my point was. I don’t assume the alleged people have done anything wrong, but if they were trying to hide it from NRL then it’d be in line with also trying to “hide” it from ATO, etc
Sorry stopped reading at FFS.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The 2005 side was at least as good as far as talent goes, but they hadn't won a finals match since the 2001 preliminary final, and only played one finals match in the preceding three years. This side had a decent finals win this year, as well as three other finals appearances in the previous three years.

This team still has plenty to prove in big matches, but not as much as the one that went into 2005. There's also more expectation on next year's team, which I think is a good thing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Not sold on Evans. Hope he proves me wrong though. After a few surprisingly good performances last season I reckon he fell away again towards seasons end. Id prefer Kaufusi.
Physically Evans could be our NAS. Lets go big boy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
When we look at our pack:

13. N Brown
12. Lane
11. Matterson
10. Paulo
9. Mahoney
8. RCG

14. Alvaro
15. Evans
The other 2 positions are up for grabs but seriously how big and strong is that pack?

While still early days, I think TCT said we finished the year with an opposed session of likely NRL side against CC side, Evans was in the CC / Taka in NRL:

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/12/20/eels-end-year-with-opposed-session/

However Taka could have been filling in for the injured Blake,

Gronk

Staff member
We are dog shit away from home. That needs to change before I can take this mob seriously.
To be fair, we lost twice to Storm away, Broncos by one away, Raiders away, Sharks away, Manly away, Roosters at ANZ, Knights away, Cows away, Panthers home, Bulldogs home.

So really, we should have beaten Knights and Cows away and most certainly the Panthers and Dogs at home. If we won those games we would have finished 2nd and above the Roosters.

Yes, to win the comp you need to win ugly, but really is our away record as bad as the media suggests ?

https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2019&team=500031

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
To be fair, we lost twice to Storm away, Broncos by one away, Raiders away, Sharks away, Manly away, Roosters at ANZ, Knights away, Cows away, Panthers home, Bulldogs home.

So really, we should have beaten Knights and Cows away and most certainly the Panthers and Dogs at home. If we won those games we would have finished 2nd and above the Roosters.

Yes, to win the comp you need to win ugly, but really is our away record as bad as the media suggests ?

https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=111&season=2019&team=500031
The stats don't lie.

1. Melbourne (9-3 Home, 11-1 Away)
2. Roosters (9-3 Home, 8-4 Away)
3. Rabbits (8-4 Home, 8-4 Away)
4. Raiders (6-6 Home, 9-3 Away)
5. Eels (9-3 Home, 5-7 Away)

We have the (equal) best home record in the comp, and the worst away record out of the top 5 teams (by some margin).

It's definitely an issue and something we need to turn around.