What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under rated actors

PJ

First Grade
I love Oblivion. I know I am alone, but I love that concept.

I used to give my daughter shyte for loving Timberlake.

He won me over, dude can act, now she gives me shtye...damn it.

I guess it is about the roles, good actors pick good roles, well mainly, everyone has a stinker.

Yeah, Oblivion and Live Die Repeat are 2 really good films that deserved a hell of a lot more attention than they got.

Good call on Timberlake.

Hugh Grant in Gentlemen really surprised me as well.

Matua

Bench
Really liked Clive in Children of Men. From memory he wasn't pompous or unlikeable there.
I didn't really like that movie, and I'm unsure whether it just didn't connect with me or it's because I find him so annoying as an actor.

Mr Angry: I too liked Oblivion.

nöyd

Staff member
Bokeem Woodbine - thought he turned out a great performance in the Fargo TV series (season 2 from memory) but hasn't really gone on to the heights I thought he would.

Michael Biehn - work dried up after Terminator, Aliens and Tombstone. Should have gone onwards and upwards from there but was consigned to B-movie land.

Gary Sinise - Tom Hanks gets all the kudos in Forrest Gump, but this guy was the standout for me. Went on to...CSI...I think?

Billy Dee Williams - all that style and charm, remembered for Star Wars and Batman, but this guy honestly should have gone down as a legend.

Cary Elwes - Turned out a great performance in Princess Bride but with the exception of Robin Hood Men in Tights largely disappeared off the radar. Recently reappeared in Stranger Things, where he was great.

Harold Ramis (RIP) - lived in the shadow of Bill Murray, should have been recognised far more than he was for his comedic efforts. Sadly missed by the fans though.

Embeth Davidtz - turned out a great performance in Schindler's List but hasn't really been sighted a lot since.

Just my opinion, feel free to correct me if I've overlooked any of these actors achievements.
no corrections required here man, all underrated as far as I can tell.

Michael Biehn was a bad ass - second only to Val Kilmer - in Tombstone. I'll go a step further and say that both Biehn and Powers Boothe (rip) as Johnny Ringo and Curly Bill, came across to me as sort of a father/son act, where Ringo would go and do something spontaneous, like shoot the Priest, or drunk-pick fights with the Earps, and right behind him is Curly Bill (Boothe) either saving his ass, or sitting back proudly as if to say "that's my boy".

Gary Sinise - Ransom anyone?

I remember seeing Billy Dee Williams as Stallone's partner in Nighthawks, where Rutger Hauer was the (great) villain.

Cary Elwes - suave, slimy and creepy as all f**k in Kiss the Girls. Suave and slimy in Twister, Suave and slimy in Days of Thunder. Hilarious in Hot Shots and Men in Tights. (I've never seen Princess Bride!)

Harold Ramis - I gravitate toward the nerdy more intellectual sidekick than the cool main dude, so I f**king loved Harold Ramis in Stripes, his hari krishna dance when John Candy got his haircut had me crying

nöyd

Staff member
Brion James

dude

fkn yes, Max Jenke ftw

12039761_1041070482626727_2384245127900350575_n.jpg

Matua

Bench
no corrections required here man, all underrated as far as I can tell.

Michael Biehn was a bad ass - second only to Val Kilmer - in Tombstone. I'll go a step further and say that both Biehn and Powers Boothe (rip) as Johnny Ringo and Curly Bill, came across to me as sort of a father/son act, where Ringo would go and do something spontaneous, like shoot the Priest, or drunk-pick fights with the Earps, and right behind him is Curly Bill (Boothe) either saving his ass, or sitting back proudly as if to say "that's my boy".

Gary Sinise - Ransom anyone?

I remember seeing Billy Dee Williams as Stallone's partner in Nighthawks, where Rutger Hauer was the (great) villain.

Cary Elwes - suave, slimy and creepy as all f**k in Kiss the Girls. Suave and slimy in Twister, Suave and slimy in Days of Thunder. Hilarious in Hot Shots and Men in Tights. (I've never seen Princess Bride!)

Harold Ramis - I gravitate toward the nerdy more intellectual sidekick than the cool main dude, so I f**king loved Harold Ramis in Stripes, his hari krishna dance when John Candy got his haircut had me crying
Really??? Damn, you should definitely see it!

Rod McClusky

Juniors
John Cazel!
On made five movies

Dogs day afternoon
The Godfather 1 & 2
The Deer Hunter

And may favourite:
The Conversation, which also started Gene Hackman, Harrison Ford. Will Smith Enemy of the State is almost a sequel

Matua

Bench
John Cazel!
On made five movies

Dogs day afternoon
The Godfather 1 & 2
The Deer Hunter

And may favourite:
The Conversation, which also started Gene Hackman, Harrison Ford. Will Smith Enemy of the State is almost a sequel
I don't think he was ever underrated, certainly not while he was alive.

nöyd

Staff member
Gene Hackman worked for over 60+ years, won 2 oscars and probably nominated for every acting award in american cinema. I would love a detailed explanation as to how he can be considered as underrated.

Latest posts