What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

mickeylane

Bench
Patience for the below backline to come together in 2021/22 at which point we will be in a better place all round for a few years to come..
1. Ramsey
2. Fergai
3. Lomax
4. Fergai
5. Saab

6. Norman or Sailpr
7. Hunt or Sullivan

Belta

Juniors
I really can't see SGI letting go the majority of our forward pack. I'd say most of the problem up front has all to do with bench management, coaching and game plan. The front row has been greatly improved with the signing of Merrin - in place of Latimore. So the rotation of Vaughan, Merrin, K Sims and Kerr/Lawrie seems to be a much better one.

When it comes to the backrow, Frizell, T Sims, De Belin and Ford is top-line and we really could not ask for much better providing these players play to their potential.

In addition the McInnes / Luke hooker rotation could very well give the team the variety I was looking for last season. I was hoping a McInnes / Robson hooker rotation would have been employed given the poor performance of the team all season.
I’d agree, I’d not like to purge too many forwards perhaps only 2
With 8 off contract;
Ford
Lovodua
Graham
Host
Kerr
Luke
Frizell
JDB?
(6 minus Frizell & JDB up in the air)

If we assume we lose Graham and a Luke to retirement, leaving 4 to consider

In order of my preference I’d resign 1st Ford, 2nd Kerr, and then Host and/or Lovodua,

Dragonsamy

Bench
I’d agree, I’d not like to purge too many forwards perhaps only 2
With 8 off contract;
Ford
Lovodua
Graham
Host
Kerr
Luke
Frizell
JDB?
(6 minus Frizell & JDB up in the air)

If we assume we lose Graham and a Luke to retirement, leaving 4 to consider

In order of my preference I’d resign 1st Ford, 2nd Kerr, and then Host and/or Lovodua,
Belta
I agree with you But Kerr needs a big consistent year, he has had plenty of chances.
Same with host.
I think they will only keep one of them past this year

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
The ol’ son of a gun factor and he’s highly regarded (by some at least). It’s noticeable you didn’t answer my question.
I did if you read my reply. I am sure your smart enough? to work out the answer by the 1st 2 words of my reply. But if you want more info they have each played more NRL than Sailor except for young Paix and Sullivan had a stellar debut for the Chooks.
And what is more noticeable that you did not answer my 2 questions to you and still have not. I await! ;)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I did if you read my reply. I am sure your smart enough? to work out the answer by the 1st 2 words of my reply. But if you want more info they have each played more NRL than Sailor except for young Paix and Sullivan had a stellar debut for the Chooks.
And what is more noticeable that you did not answer my 2 questions to you and still have not. I await! ;)

I must have blinked...forgive me.

What were they again, I’ll give them my UTMOST attention.

BLM01

First Grade
Perhaps I’d listen to you if the link you’ve just cited actually worked?
That was quick. The title tells you enough as you probably dont want to read it anyway. Dont worry about listening to me..no need!. Keep the flag at full flight.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I really can't see SGI letting go the majority of our forward pack. I'd say most of the problem up front has all to do with bench management, coaching and game plan. The front row has been greatly improved with the signing of Merrin - in place of Latimore. So the rotation of Vaughan, Merrin, K Sims and Kerr/Lawrie seems to be a much better one.

When it comes to the backrow, Frizell, T Sims, De Belin and Ford is top-line and we really could not ask for much better providing these players play to their potential.

In addition the McInnes / Luke hooker rotation could very well give the team the variety I was looking for last season. I was hoping a McInnes / Robson hooker rotation would have been employed given the poor performance of the team all season.

Is Merrin replacing Latimore?- I thought he would be wearing the No 13 in place of De Belin.

kit66

Bench
Not to put the pressure on but our season rides purely on the back of Corey Norman, either he steps up or we're fooked. I don't think Hunt will change his game much nor should he really apart from a little more intensity and MISS LESS TACKLES ! So Norman will have to work his game around Hunt and provide the spark in attack and do it consistently. I think our pack will give him room to work and our backs for all their mediocrity still know how to finish off a play given the opportunity.
I think our whole backline needs to get more flamboyant, when we threw the ball around last year we looked unpredictable and dangerous and it won us a few games. If we play safety first we'll get done by all comers, they've all figured out Mary-ball.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not to put the pressure on but our season rides purely on the back of Corey Norman, either he steps up or we're fooked. I don't think Hunt will change his game much nor should he really apart from a little more intensity and MISS LESS TACKLES ! So Norman will have to work his game around Hunt and provide the spark in attack and do it consistently. I think our pack will give him room to work and our backs for all their mediocrity still know how to finish off a play given the opportunity.
I think our whole backline needs to get more flamboyant, when we threw the ball around last year we looked unpredictable and dangerous and it won us a few games. If we play safety first we'll get done by all comers, they've all figured out Mary-ball.

Personaly, I think our season is riding on the back of wether Mc85 is in charge for the full year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just that people in the club are, and always have been, confident that he will be cleared of all charges. Whether they are correct or not we will see but his case must be strong for them to think this.
Lets see.
My concern there is that people at the club are, and always have been, confident that McGregor can coach..

An interesting month ahead, that’s for sure.. I just hope that whatever the outcome the courts decide, is the correct one..

Crap situation for all involved..

Latest posts