What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
would anyone in the club say any different?

they cant

as we saw with a case end of 2018 which has gone through two trials and two appeals this could go one for ever

only 1 out 10 cases brought to police proceed to convictions

FYI statistically these people you mention are right in their guessing re JDB .......sadly !!! 97 times out of 100

A report just released from the Crime Statistics Agency found that in 2009 and 2010, over 3,500 rapes were reported to Victoria Police. Of those, a tiny 3% ended in a court conviction........similar in nsw

Even more startling, 41 police reports were made against alleged perpetrators who already had at least six prior sexual offences recorded. Nearly half (18) of those reports went nowhere. No charges, no court appearance, no conviction, nothing.

And these are the rapes that have been reported. Hundreds of thousands of women in Australia have been raped or sexually assaulted and never go to police.

Last edited:

randomdragon

Juniors
would anyone in the club say any different?

they cant

as we saw with a case end of 2018 which has gone through two trials and two appeals this could go one for ever

FYI statistically these people you mention are right in their guessing re JDB .......sadly !!! 97 times out of 100

A report just released from the Crime Statistics Agency found that in 2009 and 2010, over 3,500 rapes were reported to Victoria Police. Of those, a tiny 3% ended in a court conviction........similar in nsw

Even more startling, 41 police reports were made against alleged perpetrators who already had at least six prior sexual offences recorded. Nearly half (18) of those reports went nowhere. No charges, no court appearance, no conviction, nothing.

And these are the rapes that have been reported. Hundreds of thousands of women in Australia have been raped or sexually assaulted and never go to police.

And you can see why they don’t go... it’s sad really. there must be a better system

Saint Pedro

Juniors
When this case finishes at the courts, de Belin will be fine to play, but people will remember. Very dumb decisions, but the charge won’t stick. As Dennis quaid said in some movie, when you are out of your foxhole, you keep your dick in your pants. If only jack had have watched this film.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

My god if this was any more bullshit the bull would still be digesting the grass they ate to create the shit.

From your source:
Sexual offences historically have had higher attrition rates than many other offences, meaning fewer of the recorded offences result in cases which progress through to a conviction in the criminal justice system. This new research examines how many sexual offences progress through the criminal justice system, from first being recorded by police through to being heard in court. The study builds on previous work in this area by linking information about sexual offending incidents recorded by police directly to cases heard in court.

The research found that a third of the sexual offence incidents recorded by Victoria Police throughout 2009 and 2010 progressed to prosecution by police (33.7%). Of those that were progressed, just over two thirds (69%) were matched to a court case, indicating that the offences went on to be heard in court.
Detailed report here:
https://www.crimestatistics.vic.gov...sexual-offence-incidents-across-the-victorian

With the statistical regression diagram
here:
Diagram%20from%20paper.png

They’re saying 429 of the 1,643 cases that went to trial resulted in an unproven charge.

That’s 26%.. Which means 74% of cases to trial result in either conviction or a conviction appealed to a higher court.

We’re a few weeks away from the trial.. Let’s sit back and let the justice system do it’s job to determine if Jack’s in the 26% or the 74% rather than further blaming the victims.

blacksafake

First Grade
Just that people in the club are, and always have been, confident that he will be cleared of all charges. Whether they are correct or not we will see but his case must be strong for them to think this.
Lets see.
They were also confident before the Mudgee debacle too. We can only hope that they’re right this time.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hope he breaks out into a wrap dance as he’s making a break, moonwalks pass their centres and does a backflip over the try line to score.

As you were.....
1. It’s “rap”
2. Eminem doesn’t moonwalk
3. It’s past, not pass
4. He doesn’t backflip either

But outside of that, I think you nailed it.

blue bags

First Grade
Norman's best position is halfback. With Cronk retiring at the end of next year, Norman could be the number 1 halfback in the game by 2020, if he is playing there. I think he is one of the best game managers in the comp. I would play him halfback and Hunt 5/8.

I do not think that he has the running game to play 5/8 or fullback.

We were apparently chasing him when he signed with Parra long ago, so I am not surprised that we are interested again.
agree play him at halfback
queensland origin want him at 5-8 :oops:

QLD origin Five Eighths
Kurt Mann
Anthony Milford
Cameron Munster
Corey Norman

Bench
Norman has not impressed me one bit, ok he gets a pass for the two field goals, but that is far outweighed looking at his performance.
I think Sailor should be given a run, even if that is off the bench.