What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Old Timer

Coach
Unfortunately OT, trials ain't what they used to be. Expect Norman and Hunt to play token minutes, just to 'blow the cobwebs out', in the trials. Trials nowadays seem to he more geared to the fringe players.
Exactly what I am saying.
The trials are exactly the place where you use new systems in attack and defence why the f**k wait until the season proper ?
If we use the trials in exactly the same way as the previous 3 seasons we are doomed from that point on as we obviously just think last year was a small blip on the radar and this year will be better just because its next year.
I guarantee you Mc Fookknuckle has already pencilled in his Rd 1 starting team.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
Lets' hope you guys are correct and that I get to eat humble pie.
I think everything we need to know will be revealed very quickly in the trials as to if there is a change of attitude and methodology regarding our team.
If the trials are just like the last 3 or 4 years then brace yourselves for a very ordinary year because if it doesn't change from day 1 it never will.

I really hope we are right. Im keeping all 11 fingers and all 13 toes crossed. I’ve already consumed way more than my share of humble pie supporting this team and tbh it’s taking a heavy toll on my waist line.

Old Timer

Coach
I really hope we are right. Im keeping all 11 fingers and all 13 toes crossed. I’ve already consumed way more than my share of humble pie supporting this team and tbh it’s taking a heavy toll on my waist line.
Maybe we all need a detox as there is an awful lot of SOL in this place?
It's blatantly obvious a good purge is needed and seeing as our magnificent coach Mc Fookknuckle is still in charge then it must mean it is us.

possm

Coach
Maybe we all need a detox as there is an awful lot of SOL in this place?
It's blatantly obvious a good purge is needed and seeing as our magnificent coach Mc Fookknuckle is still in charge then it must mean it is us.
Purge for 2021
Dufty
Sailor
Aitken
Lafai
Graham - if he lasts that long

Coaches Mary and Young

There are no big bucks there!

Crush

Coach
Purge for 2021
Dufty
Sailor
Aitken
Lafai

Coaches Mary and Young

Oh really? You would release Aitken and Lafai?
What is your stance on their previous 3 year contract renewals?
Do you think Millward is doing an adequate job?
Let me know your thoughts and opinions on these matters Possm.
Ohh no hang on I forgot, you have already told us all your opinion on these matters 1000 TIMES!!!!!
:wink:

Belta

Juniors
Purge for 2021
Dufty
Sailor
Aitken
Lafai

Coaches Mary and Young

Well Possum those five are off contract
, they’re not the only ones - [JDB] Host, Kerr, Frizzel, Rav, Jackson and a few others so in a sense the club is in a position to purge, in a position to put players on notice, in a position to really shake things up, so you never know.

possm

Coach
Well Possum those five are off contract
, they’re not the only ones - [JDB] Host, Kerr, Frizzel, Rav, Jackson and a few others so in a sense the club is in a position to purge, in a position to put players on notice, in a position to really shake things up, so you never know.
So who would you purge or more to the issue, would you keep any of the players I named? I know they are all off contract at the end of 2020 except for Dufty 2021. I just have fingers crossed that none of them are extended.

More to the point I was pointing our that it is unlikely there will be a ton of money available to spend for the 2021 season.

Of the five players you mentioned, I feel Frizell will be extended and if the other four have a good 2020 season, it is likely they also will be extended. I'm really hoping at least one or two young guns break into first grade in 2021.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
But not owl Einstein coach
images

Belta

Juniors
So who would you purge or more to the issue, would you keep any of the players I named? I know they are all off contract at the end of 2020 except for Dufty 2021. I just have fingers crossed that none of them are extended.

More to the point I was pointing our that it is unlikely there will be a ton of money available to spend for the 2021 season.

Of the five players you mentioned, I feel Frizell will be extended and if the other four have a good 2020 season, it is likely they also will be extended. I'm really hoping at least one or two young guns break into first grade in 2021.

I definitely wouldn’t rush to sign any of the five you listed. I’d also take this season as an opportunity to look long and hard look at all the others off contract, with the exception of Friz, who needs to be resigned ASAP and same for JDB (pending court outcome)

The position we are in with about 12 coming off contract at seasons end means that a major overhaul is possible. For a long time now I’ve voiced my preference to replenish our side with exciting young guns. I still steadfastly hold onto this view and in fact believe now more than ever this would be to the teams long term advantage. Of course this has long been a contradiction to dragons footy, which imo places a unhealthy and expensive emphasis on experience. All in all I probably know jack s#$t, but possum that’s what I’d like to see if I had any say in it.

Reactions: jak

possm

Coach
I definitely wouldn’t rush to sign any of the five you listed. I’d also take this season as an opportunity to look long and hard look at all the others off contract, with the exception of Friz, who needs to be resigned ASAP and same for JDB (pending court outcome)

The position we are in with about 12 coming off contract at seasons end means that a major overhaul is possible. For a long time now I’ve voiced my preference to replenish our side with exciting young guns. I still steadfastly hold onto this view and in fact believe now more than ever this would be to the teams long term advantage. Of course this has long been a contradiction to dragons footy, which imo places a unhealthy and expensive emphasis on experience. All in all I probably know jack s#$t, but possum that’s what I’d like to see if I had any say in it.
I really can't see SGI letting go the majority of our forward pack. I'd say most of the problem up front has all to do with bench management, coaching and game plan. The front row has been greatly improved with the signing of Merrin - in place of Latimore. So the rotation of Vaughan, Merrin, K Sims and Kerr/Lawrie seems to be a much better one.

When it comes to the backrow, Frizell, T Sims, De Belin and Ford is top-line and we really could not ask for much better providing these players play to their potential.

In addition the McInnes / Luke hooker rotation could very well give the team the variety I was looking for last season. I was hoping a McInnes / Robson hooker rotation would have been employed given the poor performance of the team all season.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why would that be the answer? Sailor isn’t a first grade standard halfback either..

Does Milford still play with Brisbane? With Boyd out of favour at fullback, why could the former be his replacement (it’s probably his best position anyway). New recruit, Croft, is the halfback. Who plays five-eighth? Answer: Sailor.

BLM01

First Grade
Does Milford still play with Brisbane? With Boyd out of favour at fullback, why could the former be his replacement (it’s probably his best position anyway). New recruit, Croft, is the halfback. Who plays five-eighth? Answer: Sailor.[/QUOTE
Wrong answer again.
What about the other halves in their squad well advanced on Sailor.
Milford I reckon will end up at 6. They are looking at Isaako at 1 and or Jesse Arthurs
Tom Deardon, Sean O Sullivan and Paix are halves that would be all in front of Sailor

Wrong answer again.
Milford I reckon will end up at 6. They are looking at Isaako at 1 and or Jesse Arthurs
Tom Deardon, Sean O Sullivan and Paix are halves that would be all in front of Sailor

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Wrong answer again.

Have any of those blokes played NRL consistently? They’re not names I’m familiar with. If not, subjectivity underwhelms your reply. Isaako isn’t a fullback.

BLM01

First Grade
Have any of those blokes played NRL consistently? They’re not names I’m familiar with. If not, subjectivity underwhelms your reply. Isaako isn’t a fullback.
Has Sailor? and why would he be in front of them is my question to you?
Isaako has played more fullback than Sailor halves and can perform adequate there

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Has Sailor? and why would he be in front of them is my question to you?
Isaako has played more fullback than Sailor halves and can perform adequate there

The ol’ son of a gun factor and he’s highly regarded (by some at least). It’s noticeable you didn’t answer my question.

Latest posts