What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

nick87

Coach

Beej to the Tigers confirmed
A bit sad to see him go, although it’s probably the right move for the club. When we signed him, I hated him but he’s really been a great player for us and never really gave us any problems off the field
Thanks for the memories, Beej! There is some amazing highlights with him and Jordy Raps in lime green

shear_joy9

Coach
I really don’t understand the motive for letting him go this season, plus paying half his salary for the year.

BJ coming of the bench as a super sub could have been immense this season and a real game changer.

I don’t even see the value to the tigers either. There’s no way his body is going to hold up

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench

Beej to the Tigers confirmed
A bit sad to see him go, although it’s probably the right move for the club. When we signed him, I hated him but he’s really been a great player for us and never really gave us any problems off the field
Thanks for the memories, Beej! There is some amazing highlights with him and Jordy Raps in lime green
I can't see how Scott is an upgrade, but cheers raiders, bj is a good player and hopefully he carves you up next time you meet the tigers!!
(Unlikely)

Tiger5150

Bench
I really don’t understand the motive for letting him go this season, plus paying half his salary for the year.

BJ coming of the bench as a super sub could have been immense this season and a real game changer.

I don’t even this the value to the tigers either. There’s no way his body is going to hold up

HAvent you then asked and answered your own question?

shear_joy9

Coach
HAvent you then asked and answered your own question?

I don't see him lasting more than a season. He would have had the luxury at Canberra to play fewer minutes and even rested for games. At the tigers he's the marquee signing with big expectations of him. Think we could see a huge new level of brain explosions

nick87

Coach
Once we signed Scott, and made that commitment, BJ had to go.
He was in a contract year, and his role was going to be coming off the bench or playing reserve grade, that's a hot bed for creating a lazy, unmotivated and malcontent in Beej, cant have that in your squad if your goals are to take the next step like ours are this year.

For the club's perspective, i think ideally they wouldnt have have minded hanging on to Beej in a contract year at 28 this year and get Scott next year, but when it became apparent that we probably dont get him unless we take him on now, you make the move because you'd rather let go of Beej 1 year too early than sign him long term and get stuck 1 year too late.

I think he'll be good for the Tigers. He's matured a lot here, he's been for the Raiders and i think the Raiders have been good for him.The Tigers are getting a good one. He turned me from a hater to a big fan. Wish him all the best

no name

Coach
[

Could have had an extra couple of memories and highlights if he catch and passes in the GF.

We’ve obviously seen the best of him, hopefully the Tigers can get a bit of good out of him.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Could have had an extra couple of memories and highlights if he catch and passes in the GF.

We’ve obviously seen the best of him, hopefully the Tigers can get a bit of good out of him.

Without his hard yards we might have got beat even worse. Boiling a players game down to one moment is such a low iq move that its measured in the newly invented unit of nano-iq

I have concerns for our season frankly but they have shocked me before

Spot On

Coach

Correct.

Edrick Lee drops the ball in the prelim only to be booted.

BJ fails to pass in the GF - see ya.

Only one more bloke to move on from the GF due to his laziness that cost Canberra the first try and the job is complete.

Ricky sure has become ruthless and unforgiving down there.

That said, moving BJ on was a no brainer.

Pardon the pun.

no name

Coach
Without his hard yards we might have got beat even worse. Boiling a players game down to one moment is such a low iq move that its measured in the newly invented unit of nano-iq

I wasn’t judging his whole game on one moment. Merely suggesting that it was a crucial part of the game that would have led to better memories.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I wasn’t judging his whole game on one moment. Merely suggesting that it was a crucial part of the game that would have led to better memories.

Tbh he was just about our best player that day. Scapegoating him is silly and pure cope. We lost because the roosters were better.

BadnMean

Juniors

Tbh he was just about our best player that day. Scapegoating him is silly and pure cope. We lost because the roosters were better.

Agreed. Without the 2 line breaks & 125m he ran for we would have hardly got out our end. Most of our attacking raids in the game came off the back of a Joey charge & quick play the ball.

Yeah he shoulda passed. Chalk it up as an error in an otherwise strong game. Plenty played well, plenty made an error too.

It certainly wouldn't make he chuck Joey on the scrapheap. It's unfortunate we need the $$ to upgrade bateman or Ricky has marked his cards?

But I hope he goes well at Tiges, he's great to watch.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Agreed. Without the 2 line breaks & 125m he ran for we would have hardly got out our end. Most of our attacking raids in the game came off the back of a Joey charge & quick play the ball.

Yeah he shoulda passed. Chalk it up as an error in an otherwise strong game. Plenty played well, plenty made an error too.

It certainly wouldn't make he chuck Joey on the scrapheap. It's unfortunate we need the $$ to upgrade bateman or Ricky has marked his cards?

But I hope he goes well at Tiges, he's great to watch.
Yeah he was really dangerous against Souths. I always sweated when he got the ball.

I'm surprised they've let him go.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Scott had better be phenomenal because our left center is f**king garbage.

He was phenomenally idiotic last night by all reports. Ha

One of the worst outcomes of a signing I can remember. Lose a guy that had his brainsnaps and injury issues, but was a gamebreaker on many occasions, for a younger guy with good potential, only to blow it by acting the clown.

A massive f**k up for Raiders.