What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Hasn't happened to me in this scenario but if the Cops woke me up when shitefaced I would be very apologetic and take their offer of a safe place for the night, mind you I come from Bathurst and just the other day a person like Curtis Scott did exactly the same, search the Western Advocate to see how a privilgd NRL player compares to an Indigenous person.

nick87

Coach
Do you think the fact that he was passed out and the officer woke him up and possibly startled him, would help him in some kind of self defence defence?

Or is that too much, even for the slipperiest lawyer.

Apparently the cops are investigating the Ivy for RSA breaches in relation to this... im sure the lawyers will argue some level of deminished capacity and then being startled awake or something as it comes to sentencing... i dunno, i just watch law and order, so you're asking the wrong guy

But i dont think this is going to be a case where Scott tries to beat the charges. This will be plead out i would think, that's probably the best for all parties.

shear_joy9

Coach
Sack the f**ker now to avoid any more disruption to the squad and club. Plenty of time for a junior to practice with firsts to earn the spot.

Worst case just throw a backrower in at centre

AJB1102

First Grade
The real question is what was he on that he needed a taser to calm him down?

Dem some strong vodka red bulls...

He's a pro footballer, really fit and strong. A massive part of his job is to evade and break tackles attempted by other pro footballers. You seen what makes the Police force now? It was probably a tubby average bloke and a 5'4" female.

He's a pro footballer, really fit and strong. A massive part of his job is to evade and break tackles attempted by other pro footballers. You seen what makes the Police force now? It was probably a tubby average bloke and a 5'4" female.
Yep they mostly look out of shape indeed , probably why they tasered him

bileduct

Coach
Do you think the fact that he was passed out and the officer woke him up and possibly startled him, would help him in some kind of self defence defence?

Or is that too much, even for the slipperiest lawyer.
The best defence Curtis has is that, given his close proximity to NRL HQ in Moore Park, in his drunken state he thought it was Todd Greenberg waking him up. Because let's face it, everyone wants to punch that merkin. That's a fairly compelling argument which should result in all charges being thrown out by the magistrate.