What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
If you read TCT......who isn't training well or an excellent prospect?

There always seems to be a group that get mentioned a lot. Generaly the younger guys train harder from what I read.
I have never heard MJ mentioned, rarely Jnr for example. But they are two excellent players. You can train as hard as you like but class is something you have and these seasoned guys know what it takes to be ready for the season. Unsure if pushing yourself to hard is always the correct way to go about it for these seasoned guys.....

Mentally a rest could be the best thing for them.

Spooner

Juniors
It sucks to lose him.
But we have Jnr and RCG for next 3yrs.Thats quality.
I feel Evans and Alvaro take the bench.

We then have Kafusi,Hollis and Hughes coming through the ranks. Let's say all made first grade along with Stefano then we would have to chose 2/4. That is after we cut Alvaro and Evans who are both solid NRL players.

For all we know O'Neal I talked to BA and asked feedback. BA may of said I want Kafusi and Hollis and make those priority. They will be my bench in 2021 and NRL ready.
Based on what you have said Stefano has made the correct decision. If a top 17 opportunity presents somewhere else then you take it.

Gronk

Staff member
An actual rumour !

STG supporter asks Telecrap reporter about an eels player ...
E0C80488-D8A0-46BD-A449-84F2DBCF4CF5.jpeg

JokerEel

Coach
True.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a young bull like Utoikamanu wouldn't make fuss over $30,000 at this stage of his young career, because he would back himself to fetch more money, by displaying his talent on the field.

But if a club told him that he's not guaranteed a spot in the Top 17, then he may just look elsewhere.

I'm not convinced this was about money.

Well I am going to take a stab and say his manager had something to do with it 30k is more money in his pocket They are all about short term gain..

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nah, you’re just wrong.
‘Broken contract’ is an actual term that you are trying to change the meaning of. It doesn’t work that way.

Renegotiating a contract or organising a release is not breaking a contract. Full stop.

Oops, I mean period!
Use of the term broken contract isn't a big deal. It's usually the comments about how "contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on" that set people off.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well I am going to take a stab and say his manager had something to do with it 30k is more money in his pocket They are all about short term gain..

100%.

Those guys only care about lining their own pockets.

I am going to go out on a limb, and say that in terms of long-term benefits, Utoikamanu would have been better off staying here, rather than going to the Tigers.

But, oh, well...

emjaycee

Coach
I would go as far as to say that his family were/are pretty pissed with Parra for not giving his brother a go as well.

In fact I reckon the reason he signed with the Tigpies was a combination of:
1) we didn't sign his brother after the injury and subsequent medical insurance issues
2) we didn't offer him an upgrade to top 30 in 2019 (and give him a run in first grade)
3) we didn't consider him as good as Payne Haas, which from some reports I heard, his family were adamant that he was (and quite vocal towards the club about)
4) the Tigers were able to offer him $30k more (not a lot) but also the carrot of a top 17 spot if we released him for 2020 and hence an upgrade for 2020

Basically, Parra didn't show him the love his family were looking for and the Tigers (and his manager) told him he would be their saviour.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would go as far as to say that his family were/are pretty pissed with Parra for not giving his brother a go as well.

In fact I reckon the reason he signed with the Tigpies was a combination of:
1) we didn't sign his brother after the injury and subsequent medical insurance issues
2) we didn't offer him an upgrade to top 30 in 2019 (and give him a run in first grade)
3) we didn't consider him as good as Payne Haas, which from some reports I heard, his family were adamant that he was (and quite vocal towards the club about)
4) the Tigers were able to offer him $30k more (not a lot) but also the carrot of a top 17 spot if we released him for 2020 and hence an upgrade for 2020

Basically, Parra didn't show him the love his family were looking for and the Tigers (and his manager) told him he would be their saviour.
Ive little doubt you've nailed it MJC. When Moreoa and Alvaro were stinking up our team last season there appeared to be a genuine reluctance in providing both SU and OK opportunities. Our 17th man regularly got minimal game time as well which made it even more difficult to comprehend.
Money played its part but other issues probably contributed more.
I enjoy your posts mate. Tis a pity they are not more regular. Probably a similar reason to why my posts are fewer in numbers now days.
Cheers
Gaz

Let's put Stefano's brothers medical issue to bed. It had nothing to do with the contract debate.

1. It happened while he was playing for NSW so Parramatta are not responsible for the treatment
2. He fractured his neck. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure this is not something you go around getting a second opinion on.
3. Tests around this injury found a further previously unknown medical issue. The internet or DMs are not the place for me to talk about someone else's health issues. Ask Filia next time your talking to him.
4. Parra rated him high enough to have him in the NRL preseason the following year although not involved in any contact. See 3 above.
5. Parra could not get the required 3 medical certificates from medical experts to be able to adequately insure him despite months of trying. There's a good chance that family members attended the appointments with him as support and know why. Therefore the NRL would not register any contract without the certificates. Not Parra's fault.
6. No other NRL clubs have signed him up despite his outstanding ability See above 4 for why
7. He is not playing any grade of rugby league despite his outstanding ability. Not even park footy. See above 4 for why

Latest posts