What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench

This merkin is so full of shit. He is the type that honestly believes his own bullshit so it confuses people why he comes across as genuine. If it wasn't money, or issues with the playing group, or issues with Madge, then what the f**k was it? Training facilities weren't up to your standard?

The issue is obvious to me, he's simply an entitled f**khead. He was one of many good players are the Roosters, and he didn't like coming to Tigers, being one of the best players and getting paid hardly anything.

I honestly hope he gets a season ending injury after Garner puts a massive shot on him first game we play them

Ron's_Mate

Bench
This merkin is so full of shit. He is the type that honestly believes his own bullshit so it confuses people why he comes across as genuine. If it wasn't money, or issues with the playing group, or issues with Madge, then what the f**k was it? Training facilities weren't up to your standard?
The club refused to buy his preferred flavour of Gatorade.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The club refused to buy his preferred flavour of Gatorade.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was as simple as that. He probably got to the eels and Moses was like "oh yeah bra, f**ken Tigers wouldn't stock the anal cream that I like to use so I had to leave as well. Totally understand bra, your gonna love it here"

f**king merkins

Frank Facer

First Grade
Super coach question. Who do you guys think will be your goal kicker this year. Doueihi kicked goals in the first games that I saw him play for Souths. Mbye kicked goals when he first came to your club. I have heard that Maguire plans to play Mbye hooker this year. If Doueihi gets the goal kicking duties he will probably be worth having in the team to begin with.

BTW I think Doueihi will make a good 5/8 for you guys nest year and beyond.

I also think Luciano Leilua will go well, but I think his future lies in the middle, but I hear that Maguire plans to play him on the edge.

I also think Joey Leilua is a very good pick up. On his day he is one of the most dangerous centres in the game.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have a theory:

1. Addo-Carr needs a new home for 2021. His first choice is Tigers. Melbourne won't release him unless they get a replacement. If Smith retires they will also need a goal kicker.
2. Does Momo fit that bill? How about a one year trial to see?
3. 2021 - if Bellamy is happy with Momo then he signs him up long term at Melbourne and agrees to release Addo-Carr to Tigers. He sure as shit didn't want him going to Roosters or Bunnies.

Win/Win for everyone involved

2021 Backline:

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Mbye
5. Addo-Carr
6. Walters/Talau
7. Brooks

Then 2022 another favorite son playing for another club comes off contract...same time Reynolds and Packers contracts end....just a theory
I am pretty sure that Douehi is earmarked to play 5/8 next year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Any captain I think picks themselves in the dressing room. Who has the respect of the players. At least as a candidate. You can’t fake that. You either have it or you don’t. Madge would be monitoring that and assessing if a change is required?
Is Brooks ready to take the captaincy? I prefer my captain to play halfback or 5/8.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Super coach question. Who do you guys think will be your goal kicker this year. Doueihi kicked goals in the first games that I saw him play for Souths. Mbye kicked goals when he first came to your club. I have heard that Maguire plans to play Mbye hooker this year. If Doueihi gets the goal kicking duties he will probably be worth having in the team to begin with.

I also think Luciano Leilua will go well, but I think his future lies in the middle, but I hear that Maguire plans to play him on the edge.

I also think Joey Leilua is a very good pick up. On his day he is one of the most dangerous centres in the game.

A lot will depend on the Momo/Grant player loan. If it doesn't go through then Momo will stay as Goalkicker and Mbye will probably go to hooker.

Assuming it will go through, then I imagine Mbye will stay at left centre, Grant will be first choice Hooker and more than likely Doueihi will be our goalkicker. Mbye isn't a great kicker and he has enough stress with the captaincy.

In regards to your other points, I believe Madge plans to play Luciano on the edge but knowing Madge nothing is set in stone. What makes you think he will go better in the middle?

I couldn't imagine Brooks as a captain tbh. He's been great for us over the past 2 seasons but idk if he has the leadership qualities that Madge needs in a captain. Not that I would know, but Brooks just strikes me as a bit of a shy guy, not the type to be barking inspiration when the chips are down.

FMD I'd give captaincy to Benji but I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire at the end of 2020

Frank Facer

First Grade
A lot will depend on the Momo/Grant player loan. If it doesn't go through then Momo will stay as Goalkicker and Mbye will probably go to hooker.

Assuming it will go through, then I imagine Mbye will stay at left centre, Grant will be first choice Hooker and more than likely Doueihi will be our goalkicker. Mbye isn't a great kicker and he has enough stress with the captaincy.

In regards to your other points, I believe Madge plans to play Luciano on the edge but knowing Madge nothing is set in stone. What makes you think he will go better in the middle?

I couldn't imagine Brooks as a captain tbh. He's been great for us over the past 2 seasons but idk if he has the leadership qualities that Madge needs in a captain. Not that I would know, but Brooks just strikes me as a bit of a shy guy, not the type to be barking inspiration when the chips are down.

FMD I'd give captaincy to Benji but I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire at the end of 2020
After you mentioned Benji as captain, I thought he is the obvious choice. Maybe Brooks could take over next year?

The reason I think Luciano is better suited to the middle, is because of his body shape and when tired he can be isolated more on the edge in defence than in the middle. I would have tried to turn him into a prop. He does have all the attacking skills to be a strike weapon on the edge. It is just his defence, especially when he is tired that is a concern. I hope he has a big season for you guys. I currently have him in my supercoach team, as long as he is starting. In one article I read, he did say something about locking down a permanent position and playing 80 minutes, so I think he may be starting as one of your secondrowers.

The Rosco

Bench
Just a harmless, side question Rosco. As an obvious Tigers supporter, how come you have a rooster as an avatar?
Good question TFR.
Firstly, I see him as Foghorn Leghorn the cartoon character. The fact that he is a rooster is strangely sort of irrelevant to me.
Then, my Mrs is a roosters supporter, so it sort of ties in with what I choose to enjoy doing to certain roosters supporters. Foghorn being the suave "Casanova" in the coop . . . .

gordsy

Juniors
The head stomping I get but I figured when u used the word grub u were pre judging Reynolds coz he yelled at his Mrs.
Not at all. If very bloke who yelled or swore at the missus got locked up we'd have hardly anyone left in this country, especially when the footage of the event isn't the unedited version.

Tigerm

First Grade
Brooksy is a hard one, he doesn’t strike me as a leader more just a quiet humble kid that lets his footy do the talking
It is an interesting question isn't it.
IMO, probably only Mbye seems to be the man. But he does not have a settled position or a career with us.
Brooks is too quiet off the field, but I guess he could learn. At least he position is secured.
Lawrence could have been the one, but his career is coming to an end. Same as Marshal.
No forwards come to mind. But we are still waiting for a hooker to step up.
So maybe Doueihi may be the one (if he succeeds) as he handled his recent interviews quite well.

Legion

Juniors

Wily ol' Coot - hope you've read this post on the WestTigers forum from Frank who obviously is not a Tigers supporter.

Notice how Frank didn't come to stir shit but rather, to discuss certain points about the team & offer his opinion?

Not that I can speak for others but I for one appreciate footy fans such as Frank & @The Fanatical Rooster who support other clubs, offering their perspective & discussing in an intelligent ...... er hang on, I think I see the problem.

The unknown

Juniors
It is an interesting question isn't it.
IMO, probably only Mbye seems to be the man. But he does not have a settled position or a career with us.
Brooks is too quiet off the field, but I guess he could learn. At least he position is secured.
Lawrence could have been the one, but his career is coming to an end. Same as Marshal.
No forwards come to mind. But we are still waiting for a hooker to step up.
So maybe Doueihi may be the one (if he succeeds) as he handled his recent interviews quite well.

Yeah that’s what captaincy is these days, it’s not just the on field stuff it’s how they handle media scabs and they jump on talk shows quite regularly.

When Lawrence and Marshall retire after this year we lose a heck of a lot of leadership, which is why we need *cough* Mbye Packer and Reynolds to step up and earn their coin. I’d consider someone like Garner even but atm he isn’t even guaranteed a spot so I guess we’ll wait and see

gordsy

Juniors
I dislike Matterson but wishing him to get injured is a bit much, If you were going to wish people get hurt save it for Danny Wicks, Benny Barba etc. You know people who have hurt people in real life.

Tiger05

First Grade
I dislike Matterson but wishing him to get injured is a bit much, If you were going to wish people get hurt save it for Danny Wicks, Benny Barba etc. You know people who have hurt people in real life.

Totally agree. You can add Turdesco to that list though.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Just a season ending injury, not a career ending one!

But okay that's a bit harsh. What I then instead wish is that someone pulls his pants down and gives him a smack on the bum. In front of everyone on live TV. That would be funny

Latest posts