What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Just looked at the stats BrotherJim, you are 100% correct.

I hope he, Mybe and every other player keeps on practicing their goal kicking because they, the team, are going to need it.

PS: I have always thought that any winger coming through the juniors has to practice their goal kicking just to make that difference needed to make the team e.g. Nofoaluma isn't a bad winger, is a good finisher, defence his very suspect, runs sideways too much but all would be forgiven if he kicked at 85% +
Nofo read your post and he sent me this Avatar he said so u know how he feels about it..He did say it’s the first time he can remember disagreeing with your posts not the theory of this one but him as an example..He said he thought he’d proved himself last year to be a safe pick and perhaps one of the first players picked for game day ...O and he said he runs sideways so he can look for a gap and if there’s no gap he will just run through humans like the invisible man which can help with the momentum shift.

Last edited:
A few liked the idea of getting Nathan Brown back to tiger town went Matherson went to the Eels, I liked this piece from the SMH.
Fiery lock forward Brown plays with plenty of aggression and told the Herald this week that he would love a crack at the Maroons.

"I want to play consistent footy and I want to play Origin,'' Brown said of his goals in 2020.

"I know to play Origin you need to be on the park and playing well, but I want to lead Parramatta to be in that top four, and we'll go from there.

"Obviously it would be a dream to wear that Blues jersey. If the opportunity came I'd grab it with both hands.''
A good attitude there.

And this:
"There's a lot of talk about young Stefano,'' Fittler said in Adelaide, where tickets will go on sale on Wednesday for the June 3 series opener.

"I've been a part of all the [NSW] pathways and watched Stefano come through, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how he evolves.

"He had a couple of bad injuries.

"He's a bit like a [David] Klemmer, Payne [Haas], maybe not as mobile as Payne, but he's a good player. He was the best player, as they were, coming through.

Utoikamanu, who the Tigers had hoped would be released by Parramatta a year early in time for the start of this season, was labelled by Eels prop Kane Evans as "the biggest and fittest prop I've ever seen, and he's only 19''.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fi...nt-for-origin-three-peat-20200204-p53xm2.html

WA Tiger

Bench
WA Tiger, happy to know why he runs sideways, can you ask if he can kick goals though, not kick a ball, kick goals.
No your right he can’t..I think focus/concentration levels esp under pressure when the whole stadium and TV audience is watching you - has a lot to do with success as a kicker not only technique.so some can and some can’t regardless of how much they practice..same as with golf ..also kicking earlier in life or with a soccer ball may help...I get that a good goal kicker is going to have more of a chance of being a walk in for a team but some players I think like me just know they arnt going to cut it ..it’s a fine art

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
No your right he can’t..I think focus/concentration levels has a lot to do with success as a kicker not only technique.so some can and some can’t ..same as with golf ..also kicking earlier in life or with a soccer ball may help...I get that a good goal kicker is going to have more of a chance of being a walk in for a team but some players I think like me just know they arnt going to cut it ..it’s a fine art
Nofo would be my first pick in the team tho despite the weaknesses u see..He’s a momentum shifter that’ll do me...I remember those weaknesses being mentioned about him at the start of last year ..I haven't seen them or seen them as problems..But I do get your original point

Last edited:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/02/ranking-every-clubs-goal-kicking-stocks/

NRL stats for all teams GK's, we are 16th.

16. Wests Tigers
  • Moses Mbye: 111/159, 69.8%
  • Adam Doueihi: 10/16, 62.5%
  • Benji Marshall: 402/565, 71.2%
The Tigers had the worst goal-kicking record of any club in 2019 and things aren't exactly looking up, with both first-choice kickers – Esan Marsters and Paul Momirovski – departing. Mbye kicked above his career record with 10 from 13 (77%) in limited chances last year and should be the one to step up. Marshall has kicked plenty in his career but has not taken a shot in seven years, meaning Doueihi is more likely to be the back-up.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Wily ol' Coot - hope you've read this post on the WestTigers forum from Frank who obviously is not a Tigers supporter.

Notice how Frank didn't come to stir shit but rather, to discuss certain points about the team & offer his opinion?

Not that I can speak for others but I for one appreciate footy fans such as Frank & @The Fanatical Rooster who support other clubs, offering their perspective & discussing in an intelligent ...... er hang on, I think I see the problem.

Seeing as you’ve invited me back in, legion, Care to explain the shit stirring you’ve been doing the Souths forum?

a tad hypocritical of you perhaps

The Rosco

Bench
Trying hard to see the invitation.
Nope. Still don't see it.
On the subject of "not seeing" . . . you think you see an invitation, yet miss the glaringly obvious swipe at you.
It was quiet here for a few days.
Nobody invited you here.
Bye bye.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
No foggy, you start talking about me, I’ll respond.

it was all quiet till you slagged me off on this thread and your mate legion went to the Souths forum and attacked me.

look in the big mirror for the problem. It’s your face staring back at ya :sunglasses:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Nofo would be my first pick in the team tho despite the weaknesses u see..He’s a momentum shifter that’ll do me...I remember those weaknesses being mentioned about him at the start of last year ..I haven't seen them or seen them as problems..But I do get your original point

Im looking forwards to seeing Nofo play along side Joey. I’d like to know where Corey T is going to fit in the picture too, he has great zip. It would be nice to see him drifting around the back line in attack, looking for opportunities. With AD arriving, he’ll probably be on the other wing with Talau. That will be interesting too.

BrotherJim05

Bench
No foggy, you start talking about me, I’ll respond.

it was all quiet till you slagged me off on this thread and your mate legion went to the Souths forum and attacked me.

look in the big mirror for the problem. It’s your face staring back at ya :sunglasses:

You should change your name to Mr Derp.

Derrrrpppp gworly gworly tu souff siiidddnn derrrppppp

WA Tiger

Bench
Im looking forwards to seeing Nofo play along side Joey. I’d like to know where Corey T is going to fit in the picture too, he has great zip. It would be nice to see him drifting around the back line in attack, looking for opportunities. With AD arriving, he’ll probably be on the other wing with Talau. That will be interesting too.
It seems that everyone or most everyone including smh have said AD is at fullback except Madge ..Madge said he has high regard for Corey at full back and AD will get his op at fullback in those exact words so I’m going to hold out hope for Corey at fullback untill he isn’t

Phil Gould

Juniors
It seems that everyone or most everyone including smh have said AD is at fullback except Madge ..Madge said he has high regard for Corey at full back and AD will get his op at fullback in those exact words so I’m going to hold out hope for Corey at fullback untill he isn’t
I’m just going off what everyone is saying, I don’t really know but I don’t mind either way really. AD taking bombs on the wing could work well. I’d like to see CT as FB in offense, AD in defense, of that were an option, but I’m only Phil Gould so I don’t really know much.

The other thing that made me think FB for AD is that I thought AD really wants to play FB, and that’s why he left souffs with LM’s arrival. But that’s just going off what that whiney, old, one eyed, flog was throwing around in one of his sour grapes episodes.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m just going off what everyone is saying, I don’t really know but I don’t mind either way really. AD taking bombs on the wing could work well. I’d like to see CT as FB in offense, AD in defense, of that were an option, but I’m only Phil Gould so I don’t really know much.

The other thing that made me think FB for AD is that I thought AD really wants to play FB, and that’s why he left souffs with LM’s arrival. But that’s just going off what that whiney, old, one eyed, flog was throwing around in one of his sour grapes episodes.
Madge isn’t giving anything away.All he said to Corey was it’s all open like noones nailed a spot yet..AD is saying that he has to earn the fullback spot from Corey who he said is the incumbent so anything is possible.. but I just can’t see Madge walking away from what Corey has to offer at fullback especially with the Joey L factor even to see how that option pans out ....Madge has all the time in the world to experiment but I think the best option is to try AD elsewhere first and only move Corey as a last option considering how moving him will knock his confidence ...Coreys no good on the wing IMO and even worse off the team...Madge isn’t stupid he knows all that...but as you say what do I know

super_coach

First Grade

The club just spent the last three months trying to recruit a no1, Corey has as much chance as me as being no1

The unknown

Juniors
The club just spent the last three months trying to recruit a no1, Corey has as much chance as me as being no1

I see it that way aswell, although it’ll be interesting to see what happens if AD doesn’t live up to expectations @ 1

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
FMD, Madge plans for AD to be fullback but above anything Madge will give the jersey to whoever trains the hardest and proves themselves capable. If he goes out and says AD will have first crack it undermines the culture he has built. Nobody is a sure thing for any jersey...you have to earn it.

I like it, keep em guessing Madge!

Latest posts