What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

I’d like to see the episode when the coppers arrive wth a search warrant, arrest hey dad, and confiscate the mongrels computer.

Quentin Tarantino would insist the cameras keep rolling and turn up the fake laughs when the old fat sarge breaks hey dads jaw by accident.

Betty takes over the office and designs an apartment building shaped like her nail file.

axl rose

Bench
I’d like to see the episode when the coppers arrive wth a search warrant, arrest hey dad, and confiscate the mongrels computer.

Quentin Tarantino would insist the cameras keep rolling and turn up the fake laughs when the old fat sarge breaks hey dads jaw by accident.

Betty takes over the office and designs an apartment building shaped like her nail file.

Solid script but where is Arthur McArthur?

Thank god for wholesome entertainment like the Cosby Show

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
I remember that 9 promo. Best era for sport... just before the Super League war. But always irritated me they showed broncos clips beating us in the GF..

And does anyone remember the female golfer doing that jig thingy with the trophy...??

Nicole Lowein...

Where are they now...
I was cheering for Saints in 93, cant believe they blew it. Brian Smith teams and saving the worst for last eh. Yeah I know in the clip was the 92 GF.

Speaking of 90s/early 00s golf, Karrie Webb and Aaron Baddeley faded pretty quick as well. Or maybe just golf in general.

Last edited:
I take full blame.

ew Hey Dad watch your hands there.

45E399A300000578-0-image-a-92_1509502020501.jpg

mmm.. Not quite the childhood reminder the actress needed young axl!

hark! Someone in the neighbourhood is shooting, hope it doesn’t make the news tomorrow.

I modelled my life on this bloke. The god of pigs. He got a bad wrap.

At least he wasn’t colour coding marginal electorates.

In my childhood, the pollies went to the car parks for rorts. These days they don’t just leave a paper trail, they print it it in colour!

We must have the most stupid politicians in the world. They can’t even rort properly these days.

Pigsy for pm ( definitely eligible).

The only sporting club that wasn’t eligible was the fairy penguin lacrosse society because it’s last member sold the clubhouse to a bowling club developer in 1922. Made a profit of ten shillings and a ha’penny.

8B5E72B3-98E2-4FFC-8234-18C23D750232.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone else remember this “Famous” hoax from the mid-80’s..

The Flabbit.

“discovered” in the Hawkesbury area by a local, it was a winged rabbit (hence the name) and made headline news across all papers and TV.. until it was revealed a hoax some time later..

These days it would seem more like a headline from the old UK “news of the world” rag... along with “world war 2 bomber found on moon”... but it was indeed a headline story at the time..

Rather than thinking of gullibility of people (even though I was only 10 or 11 at the time) I think there’s something really endearing about things like this. I can’t find any copies of the original articles but only those below..

https://www.hawkesbury.nsw.gov.au/_.../105961/Myths,-Creatures-and-Legends-2010.pdf

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade

Wish i could find on you tube the Friday night football opening with Dave Trewhella where they used the theme of the Friday on My Mind song, think it was back in 1988. I actually have it on a video tape but nothing to play it on and also the tape has come off its spool which i can probably fix at some time but just curious to see it again as i remember seeing some of it filmed at the news stand that used to be outside the Oxford Hotel at Darlinghurst.

axl rose

Bench
Wish i could find on you tube the Friday night football opening with Dave Trewhella where they used the theme of the Friday on My Mind song, think it was back in 1988. I actually have it on a video tape but nothing to play it on and also the tape has come off its spool which i can probably fix at some time but just curious to see it again as i remember seeing some of it filmed at the news stand that used to be outside the Oxford Hotel at Darlinghurst.
NRL deleted my channel but I did have one intro uploaded with Friday on my Mind as the song but it had Benji in it so it was from around 2006. Couldn't find the one you're looking for, but did find this

Last edited: