What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Phil Gould

Juniors
Not really, but Momo is still important to keep, in my opinion, very important. Swap M’bye and it’s ideal.

The tigers have a lot of flexibility to cover many different positions this year but have no real choice in a couple, goal kicker being one. Real pace out wide is another thing Tigers could do with but which is more important? If you don’t score tries, you don’t even get to attempt to convert, but then if Tigers give their goal kicker to get more tries, then they are lessening the value of those extra tries. It’s a tough call, not one I’d like to make.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
I find it a testament to Madge's ability as a coach that he got us a whisker within finals with such an inexperienced team and so much cap space sitting on the sidelines.

You look at the Dragons, Titans, Knights rosters, majority of those players would walk into our starting 13 yet as a team they finished below us.

I feel Madge has laid the foundation for this club to become a regular finals footy team, but there are some serious holes we need to patch up:
Hooker
Fullback
Regular kicker
Outside back with genuine pace
Pack Leader

I don't see us fixing these holes by round 1 but as many have mentioned, we do have a lot of cap space potentially being freed up for 2021 and beyond. If teams like the ones I mentioned above continue to implode over 2020 season I have a feeling we will see an all out raid from Tigers for 2021 season and the formation of a very well balanced squad

If we sign Grant and A.D makes the fullback position his own then we have hooker, fullback and kicker covered. Pack leader is probably Zane. As for pacey outside backs I'd rather better halves.
The only problem with signing someone like JAC is there's a bloody good chance we'd toss it to them 100 times a game hoping they'd score all our points, whilst neglecting any other options.

simmo1

First Grade
Not really, but Momo is still important to keep, in my opinion, very important. Swap M’bye and it’s ideal.

The tigers have a lot of flexibility to cover many different positions this year but have no real choice in a couple, goal kicker being one. Real pace out wide is another thing Tigers could do with but which is more important? If you don’t score tries, you don’t even get to attempt to convert, but then if Tigers give their goal kicker to get more tries, then they are lessening the value of those extra tries. It’s a tough call, not one I’d like to make.

Could look at signing someone like Isaako who offers goalkicking and pace out wide. Seems unwanted by Brisbane at the moment.

super_coach

First Grade
Guys you can't seriously be saying you would rather keep Momo than get JAC?

I think he was saying he would want both and would rather swap another player. Anyway not going to happen. Personally I like having Momo in our side, I think he is a good defender, has some footy smarts and potential to be a very good goal kicker. Of course JAC offers plenty to

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we sign Grant and A.D makes the fullback position his own then we have hooker, fullback and kicker covered. Pack leader is probably Zane. As for pacey outside backs I'd rather better halves.
The only problem with signing someone like JAC is there's a bloody good chance we'd toss it to them 100 times a game hoping they'd score all our points, whilst neglecting any other options.

I think we have a number of genuine attacking threats, just none with blistering pace. BJ is a great example.

macnaz

Staff member
Josh Reynolds: Police drop domestic violence charges against NRL star
Danielle Gusmaroli and David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
February 26, 2020 11:50am

Domestic violence charges against NRL star Josh Reynolds have been sensationally dropped by NSW police today.

The West Tigers hooker is said to have told friends justice has prevailed after police decided they would not pursue allegations he had assaulted his ex-partner, Arabella Del Busso, 30, at his Caringbah South home in September.

He was accused of leaving bruising on her right arm and left leg during the incident.

This morning NSW Police informed hislawyer Daniel McGirr the charge of assault occasioning bodily harm hadbeen dropped.

Mr Reynolds was accused of assaulting Ms Del Busso in Caringbah South, thesuburb in which Reynolds currently resides, between 7pm and 11pm onSeptember 12, but always maintained he was innocent of the charge.

The pair were in a long-term relationshipbut are no longer together.

Mr Reynolds was arrested and charged after Ms Del Busso, real name DonnaPreuska, presented to St George Police Station.

The case was due to return to Sutherland Local Court on July 23.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...r/news-story/72dfdd7299727b7315c6f162ac9b60ab

The unknown

Juniors
Charges against Josh Reynolds have been dropped by NSW Police.

There’s no doubt the entire offseason he has been effected badly by this headf**kery. Hopefully now that it’s finally cleared he can concentrate on his footy because I still think he can be an asset to our top 8 chances

Tigerm

First Grade
Josh Reynolds: Police drop domestic violence charges against NRL star
Danielle Gusmaroli and David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
February 26, 2020 11:50am

Domestic violence charges against NRL star Josh Reynolds have been sensationally dropped by NSW police today.

The West Tigers hooker is said to have told friends justice has prevailed after police decided they would not pursue allegations he had assaulted his ex-partner, Arabella Del Busso, 30, at his Caringbah South home in September.

He was accused of leaving bruising on her right arm and left leg during the incident.

This morning NSW Police informed hislawyer Daniel McGirr the charge of assault occasioning bodily harm hadbeen dropped.

Mr Reynolds was accused of assaulting Ms Del Busso in Caringbah South, thesuburb in which Reynolds currently resides, between 7pm and 11pm onSeptember 12, but always maintained he was innocent of the charge.

The pair were in a long-term relationshipbut are no longer together.

Mr Reynolds was arrested and charged after Ms Del Busso, real name DonnaPreuska, presented to St George Police Station.

The case was due to return to Sutherland Local Court on July 23.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...r/news-story/72dfdd7299727b7315c6f162ac9b60ab
Wonder what will happen to the girl, prob nothing.

Tiger05

First Grade

Nothing at all. It's okay to be a complete and utter bitch but you can't swear at them. He would have been through a tough time and all because he had a psycho as a girlfriend and yet nothing happens to her.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I remember thinking JAC was never used properly when he was a Tiger. I wondered why they didn’t try to put him through a gap once every set! As soon as I heard Melbourne had signed him I put dollars on him to win top try scorer. He only just missed it to their other winger either that year or the one after. He burnt so many defenders, once he puts on those afterburners, good luck catching him.
He should sue her.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Article in smh by proszenko 20 mins ago that Grant has asked storm for an immediate release to come to concord.We need the prodigious talent & hopefully bellyache gives it the green light.

i would think the chances are fairly minimal since Brendan Smith is out for the first few weeks of the comp.

Would make it very interesting if he did end up here. Being so close to round 1 I doubt he’d jump straight into first grade however when he does make it there will be some big names playing nsw cup