What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Because Dugan has not been doing everything the coaching staff have asked of him during the off season.

He was more concerned about getting himself medically retired.

Then Moylan gets ruled out for 2 months and suddenly he’s “training the house down “.

If I was a player who worked my butt off in the off season and then saw Dugan rushed into the team I be pissed. In fact if it happens don’t expect all to be well with some of the playing group. It will definitely show the coach is weak and has no backbone.

ghoti

Bench
I dunno, I'm pissed at Dugan but if he's experiencing what he says he's experiencing (chronic knee pain , arthritis etc) and given advice to stay off it to minimise the inevitable struggle through the year with it...I wonder if I'd do the same.

His independent doc's have his welfare in mind first, club doc's want him on the field as a priority and will be running with a 'youll be in a lot of pain but you can't make this injury worse, so go 'earn your spot' like coach wants and deal with the pain in your own time.'

I know it's a grey area when there's a $900k pay packet on the table.. but a part of me (as someone who suffers chronic neck, knee and wrist pain from fkn footy injuries) understands his approach.

Morris as coach...he can do whatever he wants and set whatever goalposts he thinks will motivate a squad, Dugan may not fit into those parameters and that's fine. But I think if I were in his shoes I'd have wanted Dugan and Morris in their best positions sewed up until they lost their position, rather than this 'anyone can put their hand up for a jersey' game which we know Morris always had the plan to gift it to Xerri and Ramien.

I'll wait to see how bomber's approach goes and I think it's a fine one, but I don't think it speaks to the squad we have... But the squad we allllmost have. More unsettled players and positional confusion like last year is dangerous .. but I think he's playingto prep for 2022 once these guys are off the books (also dangerous).

Uhhh... Really rambling here I stop typing now. I'm Kent Brockman .

shaggs

Coach
Because Dugan has not been doing everything the coaching staff have asked of him during the off season.

Then Moylan gets ruled out for 2 months and suddenly he’s “training the house down “.

If I was a player who worked my butt off in the off season and then saw Dugan rushed into the team I be pissed. In fact if it happens don’t expect all to be well with some of the playing group. It will definitely show the coach is weak and has no backbone.
Morris’s job is to win football games. If Dugan is the best option and has shown he is physically up to the task then he plays.

if you were the coach I’d expect to see you continue to pick Kennedy every week. Despite the fact he won’t have any power on his kick returns and we will play off the back foot. Despite him not putting his body on the line defensively. Then you blame chad for not putting in a good kick from 25metres out.

It’s ok though, he is a good trainer.

Everyone knows you love Flanno and his shenanigans. Wouldn’t matter if Morris won this years grand final by 1 point. You would say, flanno was better he won by 2.

shaggs

Coach
If I was Dugan I would be doing as little not game or ball work running as possible.

Has anyone that doesn’t work for news limited/fox said he has been a shit trainer??

Tiger Shark

Bench

You're making these assumption that everything you're hearing from the media is correct, surely you've learnt by now you really shouldn't be doing that.

And why is he "suddenly" training the house down, what because first time you heard it in the media ?

Making alot of assumption on how the players will feel.

Morris’s job is to win football games. If Dugan is the best option and has shown he is physically up to the task then he plays.

if you were the coach I’d expect to see you continue to pick Kennedy every week. Despite the fact he won’t have any power on his kick returns and we will play off the back foot. Despite him not putting his body on the line defensively. Then you blame chad for not putting in a good kick from 25metres out.

It’s ok though, he is a good trainer.

Everyone knows you love Flanno and his shenanigans. Wouldn’t matter if Morris won this years grand final by 1 point. You would say, flanno was better he won by 2.

Wow just wow.

You would go well in North Korea’s Regime.

I never said I hated John Morris.

I just questioned Morris’s judgement if he played Dugan in Round 1 or 2 after the Circus in pre season and you’ve got me hung at noon.

Sensitive much.

If I was Dugan I would be doing as little not game or ball work running as possible.

Has anyone that doesn’t work for news limited/fox said he has been a shit trainer??

Frank Discussion mentioned it on this forum during pre season.

He said it wasn’t what Dugan was doing he said it was what Dugan wasn’t doing.

He even said he’d be surprised to see him in First Grade this season.

Are you going to hang him too?

cb4

First Grade
Frank Discussion mentioned it on this forum during pre season.

He said it wasn’t what Dugan was doing he said it was what Dugan wasn’t doing.

He even said he’d be surprised to see him in First Grade this season.

Are you going to hang him too?

What has been said about Dugan this off season ranges from Bullshit - Truth and lies somewhere in the middle.
There was a reason he went for the medical route for his knee, he was battling a lot of mental issues and he himself didn't think he would be able to get out of bed, let alone play football.

But things have changed for him. He has got himself fit, both physically and mentally. If he is ready for round 1 or 2, then we are a better team for it.

Should you listen to everything your read? No, I wouldnt pay attention to most papers. They love shitting on us and Dugan.

I'd be listening to the Coach who will no doubt be excited about his return and see what he has to say.

What has been said about Dugan this off season ranges from Bullshit - Truth and lies somewhere in the middle.
There was a reason he went for the medical route for his knee, he was battling a lot of mental issues and he himself didn't think he would be able to get out of bed, let alone play football.

But things have changed for him. He has got himself fit, both physically and mentally. If he is ready for round 1 or 2, then we are a better team for it.

Should you listen to everything your read? No, I wouldnt pay attention to most papers. They love shitting on us and Dugan.

I'd be listening to the Coach who will no doubt be excited about his return and see what he has to say.

Nothing to do with papers or media.

Was basing a lot with what Frank Discussion stated on this forum during pre season.

Should I believe him?

Tiger Shark

Bench
Nothing to do with papers or media.

Was basing a lot with what Frank Discussion stated on this forum during pre season.

Should I believe him?

Well didn't he say he can't see Dugan ever playing for us again, or something like that ? Might have been true at the time but guess we'll see in a few weeks if he lines up or not.

Either way a fit Dugan is very good for us.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am actually far more interested in the side Newtown will name.

1st grade has a couple of questions, will not know until game day. I expect Dugan to be named like 21, and have every chance of playing.

But I am struggling to name 17 for Newtown.

Chimp

Bench
It does sound like Dugan has basically dogged his way out of doing the hard yakka in pre-season, then once the games are here, is miraculously able to train and play....

However, I do concede that I’m basing that entirely on what I’ve read in the media, and that’s not a position I like to be in, and I’d never form an absolute opinion purely based on media reports - I need to hear something from our coaches mouth ideally.

sandshark

Bench
Despite all this pre-season crap I bet Dugan will yet again be one of our best this season.

(and I know that aint saying much with the lack of quality we have this season)