What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

some11

Referee
If there's every been a bigger case of falling into obscurity than Hayne then I haven't witnessed it. The hell happened to him?
Thought he was bigger than Rugby League and could compete with thousands of other guys who've spent their whole life trying to make it in the NFL.

I mean in hindsight it's one of the worst decisions ever, you would need to be some kind of genetic freak and juiced to the gills to actually get a long-term gig. Either that or 10 years worth of experience uploaded to your brain matrix style.

blue bags

First Grade
Thought he was bigger than Rugby League and could compete with thousands of other guys who've spent their whole life trying to make it in the NFL.

I mean in hindsight it's one of the worst decisions ever, you would need to be some kind of genetic freak and juiced to the gills to actually get a long-term gig. Either that or 10 years worth of experience uploaded to your brain matrix style.
atleast do college ball, take it from there , like 1000s have each year

MKCS

Juniors
If there's every been a bigger case of falling into obscurity than Hayne then I haven't witnessed it. The hell happened to him?

A quick Google search revealed that he's awaiting a court case about the rape charge in May 2020. If he is in the clear after that we could maybe see him get picked up mid year if a club even wants him. What club would be interested though? I smell Super League in his future if he returns to the game.

He did make it to the NFL though. 8 NFL games and 4 pre season games I believe it was meaning 12 games total. Not bad for a guy who didn't grow up with the sport and pretty much learned it in a 6 month period.

I don't think it was too bad of a decision. He is (was?) an NRL player who wanted more of a challenge after accomplishing pretty much everything he could in the NRL. Player Of The Year, Origin winner, World Cup winner and countless other accolades. He didn't lead the Eels to a premiership but apart from that he did pretty much everything.

He wanted a new challenge, went for it, achieved it and then unfortunately it didn't work out and he was cut/left (Depending on who you want to believe)

Angry_eel

First Grade
He wanted a new challenge, went for it, achieved it and then unfortunately it didn't work out and he was cut/left (Depending on who you want to believe)

True but US buggered him up bad. He became an alcoholic and allegedly raped two women. You could overlook all his shortcomings in football, then overlook the first rape charge in the US which was dealt out of court but then the second rape charge locally, put paid to all his legacy.

Last Week

Bench
A quick Google search revealed that he's awaiting a court case about the rape charge in May 2020. If he is in the clear after that we could maybe see him get picked up mid year if a club even wants him. What club would be interested though? I smell Super League in his future if he returns to the game.

He did make it to the NFL though. 8 NFL games and 4 pre season games I believe it was meaning 12 games total. Not bad for a guy who didn't grow up with the sport and pretty much learned it in a 6 month period.

I don't think it was too bad of a decision. He is (was?) an NRL player who wanted more of a challenge after accomplishing pretty much everything he could in the NRL. Player Of The Year, Origin winner, World Cup winner and countless other accolades. He didn't lead the Eels to a premiership but apart from that he did pretty much everything.

I reckon he'll end up in Rugby somewhere. Unless he's in jail obviously.