What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs The Dragons

TheFrog

Coach
I feel Luai is feeling his way into the side. For every game we play him, and the rest of the team, will improve. But Atkins should be given some fullback tutoring until Edwards comes back. Creighton a must, providing his positioning is at least marginally better.
Edwards back next week most likely.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure why Leotas getting heat. Api passed one into his shoulder & he gave away a stupid penalty which is par for the course when your a Panthers forward. Otherwise made tough metres when he was on despite the swing in momentum & he was essentially a lone soldier in the middle with JFH out on his feet for 20 minutes at the end of his stint.

Not his best game by any stretch nor is he gonna be leading the footy IQ test but by far the pick of the bench forwards imo.

I have said he is better off starting then on the bench. The bench forwards as a whole was ordinary

TheFrog

Coach
Nathan is now on 21 successful kicks at goal in a row (unless I'm mistaken). Last time he missed one was round 23 in Townsville last year. Another 14 to equal the record held by Hazem El Masri.

He also passed Preston Campbell to become the club's 4th highest points scorer in its history in this match.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Foughts From Fangs:

First 20 was dynamite.

For the Drags, Fuiamaono looked decent with the ball. In D didn't look sharp. Cleary try was extremely soft.

Further, way too many soft tries conceded from both sides. Pretty crap game in D I reckon. Very painful to watch.

Whare had some great moments in D and also some crap moments. He really is toeing the line. I think he keeps his spot over Sauce at this point.

Martin...loved him when he came into grade. He was in a team where nobody cared. I'll still back him to have a good first grad career but far from convinced he deserves a regular spot. At full strength he isn't in the 17.

Crichton irresistible when it matters. That is 2 games in a row.

Win is a win. Corona is Corona. Onto next week.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nathan is now on 21 successful kicks at goal in a row (unless I'm mistaken). Last time he missed one was round 23 in Townsville last year. Another 14 to equal the record held by Hazem El Masri.

He’s been terrific in both our wins but that thigh guard he is wearing is worrisome. He is not taking the kicks for touch from penalties and or our kick offs so he is clearly carrying some sort of thigh issue.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Martin good for a few dropped balls a game and Leota good for at least one.
Mansauce good for a few either way.

This is what will cost us. Eventually.

Right side defence was bad.

But they have belief and that is good.

Chrighton must start.

Tjat is all

Kilkenny

Coach
Foughts From Fangs:

First 20 was dynamite.

For the Drags, Fuiamaono looked decent with the ball. In D didn't look sharp. Cleary try was extremely soft.

Further, way too many soft tries conceded from both sides. Pretty crap game in D I reckon. Very painful to watch.

Whare had some great moments in D and also some crap moments. He really is toeing the line. I think he keeps his spot over Sauce at this point.

Martin...loved him when he came into grade. He was in a team where nobody cared. I'll still back him to have a good first grad career but far from convinced he deserves a regular spot. At full strength he isn't in the 17.

Crichton irresistible when it matters. That is 2 games in a row.

Win is a win. Corona is Corona. Onto next week.

I take on board everything you say but at the same time the commentary team on Fox emphasised how difficult the conditions were given temperatures in the mid 30’s.

We could easily have turned our toes up when we fell 10 behind in that second half so to turn things around and grind out the win say’s a lot about the character and perhaps fitness of the team.

On Liam Martin let’s not give up on him yet there is a really, really talented footy player in Liam. Yes he has made a few mistakes in his two games in 2020 but he is the real deal and his fortunes will turn.

Dave's mate

Juniors
I take on board everything you say but at the same time the commentary team on Fox emphasised how difficult the conditions were given temperatures in the mid 30’s.

We could easily have turned our toes up when we fell 10 behind in that second half so to turn things around and grind out the win say’s a lot about the character and perhaps fitness of the team.

On Liam Martin let’s not give up on him yet there is a really, really talented footy player in Liam. Yes he has made a few mistakes in his two games in 2020 but he is the real deal and his fortunes will turn.
Liam has many attributes many would kill for but zero talent holding the ball. Will be interesting to see if he can overcome it

betcats

Referee
Liam Martin only had one error.Outside of that he has 100m on 8 hit ups, with 30 post contact metres on 8 hit ups , that’s very good. He gave away a dumb penalty though.

Fangs

Coach

No giving up, his faults are just more obvious now. Reserve grade isn't something to be ashamed of. He will be a very good player in time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Liam Martin only had one error.Outside of that he has 100m on 8 hit ups, with 30 post contact metres on 8 hit ups , that’s very good. He gave away a dumb penalty though.

5 errors and 2 penalties in 2 weeks. He will come good but when guys are fit he may miss out if still playing bad

franklin2323

Immortal
No giving up, his faults are just more obvious now. Reserve grade isn't something to be ashamed of. He will be a very good player in time.

Happens early in careers. He will be a beast but the last few games last year and this year been star

R.H

Juniors
We are 2 from 2 and some of you lot are still whinging.

We will win the comp and you will still whinge about players

FMD

betcats

Referee
He looks gifted. Like Waqu Blake with 15% more speed and power. Same build. Blake's defense however is first class.
Crighton and Kikau are mouth watering. Yeo however is proving a handfull

He’s not faster than Blake probably not even close but he will be more powerful and so far looks more skilled. Blake never really figured out how to use his size to run over someone, he prefers to use footwork and speed to burn people.

Alintheeast

Juniors
We can argue over occasional mistakes/miracles made by players but the thing that impressed over the first two rounds is that everyone in a Penrith jersey was up to first grade standard.
A problem going forward will be the lack of lower grade games. I was looking forward to seeing Blore, Lineu, Burton, push for first grade selection via Canterbury Cup. Ivan would probably want to go the conservative route by selecting established players like Capewell, Hethrington, May, Edwards as a result of injury’s, loss of former, etc.

OldPanther

Coach
We are 2 from 2 and some of you lot are still whinging.

We will win the comp and you will still whinge about players

FMD

giphy.gif

betcats

Referee
5 errors and 2 penalties in 2 weeks. He will come good but when guys are fit he may miss out if still playing bad

Yeah he has to sort it out but he hits and runs hard. He was taking it to Frizzel last night in defence and really getting in his face, I like a forward who takes that physical battle really personally. His error came at a crucial time for us after conceding a try or two so it stands out and his penalty was a 4th or 5th tackle penalty which again stands out as a very dumb error.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah he has to sort it out but he hits and runs hard. He was taking it to Frizzel last night in defence and really getting in his face, I like a forward who takes that physical battle really personally. His error came at a crucial time for us after conceding a try or two so it stands out and his penalty was a 4th or 5th tackle penalty which again stands out as a very dumb error.

Long term he'll be very good and a permanent in the team, might have to just accept the odd error based on how much energy he brings. After my re-watch of the Roosters game I'm thinking the same of Hetherington.

When both teams brought the bench on we fell flat and needed that energy from Hetherington in the middle I thought.

Leota does good work off the bench but isn't the rabid dog Hetherington is so they make a good bench pair.