What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
This peanut of a f**kwit coach is the least of our worries at present.
I just look at this suspended period as a stay of execution.

I just cannot believe Mary's luck. He has more lives than a cat and is harder to get rid of than a combination of Patterson's curse, Mixamatosis and the Corona Virus. He starts the season with three consecutive losses (including the Charity Shield) and just when it appears that there is no option other than for him to go, the comp is suspended. Last year he was saved by Jack De Belin and the the ridiculous end of season review.

He should be buying Lotto and lottery tickets non stop- and then telling me his numbers.

But it isn't really about luck- it's about incompetence- and while this forum mainly talks about his incompetence, the real culprits are the Board who, even when faced with overwhelming evidence of Mary's failures in coaching, tactical nous, player development,game management etc etc , have once again chosen to do the three wise monkeys routine. Frizzell's departure was predictable, and, as interim captain, is the ultimate negative judgement on Mary and his inability to take this club anywhere- except to the wooden spoon.

LINESPEED

Juniors
the real culprits are the Board who, even when faced with overwhelming evidence of Mary's failures in coaching, tactical nous, player development,game management etc etc , have once again chosen to do the three wise monkeys routine. Frizzell's departure was predictable, and, as interim captain, is the ultimate negative judgement on Mary and his inability to take this club anywhere- except to the wooden spoon.

Well these were our illustrious leaders who rooted for The Waterboy:

The board's Illawarra stakeholders: Andrew Gordon, Andrew Lancaster, Craig Osborne and Graeme Gulloch (Steelers).

The St George District Rugby League Club at Kogarah stakeholders: Brian Johnston, Ralph Piggott, Craig Young and Peter Black.

New CEO now

But this is Andrew Gordon,
Waterboy’s bestie:

upload_2020-3-29_20-6-1.jpeg

and our Chairman

BTW: 11th,8th,11th,11th,7th,15th,13th

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Well these were our illustrious leaders who rooted for The Waterboy:

The board's Illawarra stakeholders: Andrew Gordon, Andrew Lancaster, Craig Osborne and Graeme Gulloch (Steelers).

The St George District Rugby League Club at Kogarah stakeholders: Brian Johnston, Ralph Piggott, Craig Young and Peter Black.

New CEO now

But this is Andrew Gordon,
Waterboy’s bestie:

View attachment 37186

and our Chairman
Not a very flattering picture.

Banjo2014

Juniors
At the end of last season I wrote an open letter to Frizell, Vaughan and McInnes - pretty sure I mentioned the Sims brothers as well suggesting they move to a premiership contending club.

Under Mary we have little or no hope of a permiership.

McInness should get his management to take a look at Manly - Danny Levy is off contract next year - Paul Vaughan could go back to Canberra or Souths.

We also have Ford, Host and Kerr as our future with Norman and Hunt - sorry I don't see it.

Tristan if you are reading get you manager and take a look around. Wendell help out your son.

I am not normally a doomsdayer but this Coronavirus thing is getting me down particularly without 8 games of football each week.

At least here in Philippines the San Miguel warehouse is one hundred meters away and I can grab a box of beer each day to drown my sorrows.

Please Mary make a deal and leave the club.

PS All our jobs onboard the ships have been marked - your services are no longer required so football is my life for the time being.

sa1nt5

Juniors
Found this article from ROAR written by Adam Bagnall, DT should make him heir apparent to Buzz, that is of course if sycophant is not the major requirement for the position.
It was published just now.
Paul Kent and your other mate “I got my job because my brother is the boss Crawley”, you snivelling dipshits, this is how you report on McGregor

Dragons lose another star under Mary

Tyson Frizell’s exit to the Newcastle Knights is just another chapter in the book of Mary.

Paul McGregor is a coach who, simply by being a former player, has been given the golden ticket to guide the Dragons, the most famous rugby league club in the world.

Any other club would have punted Mary a couple of seasons ago, after the Dragons led the competition by as many as four points at one stage, only to crash and burn and not only miss the top four, but miss the finals altogether.

How does the club respond?

By handing Mary a shiny new contract, nervously throwing him a new deal lest another club pinch him from under their noses.

I guarantee no club was looking at Paul McGregor as a possible head coach.

So back to the Frizell fiasco.

He has headed to Newcastle looking for a premiership, which isn’t a joke, but it should be. The Knights aren’t winning anything anytime soon.

The reason Frizell has left the Dragons is he was very poorly managed by McGregor, too often used as a battering ram up the middle instead of a wide-running back-rower.

As a result, Frizell was nullified in games, not able to utilise his impressive athleticism to dominate like he should. Instead he’s been average to slightly above average for a few seasons now, but he’s not alone.

When Euan Aitken first arrived on the scene he was touted as a future NSW centre. Now he’s not even in the Dragons’ top 17.

Matt Dufty doesn’t know where he belongs and was reportedly heading overseas as he had become disillusioned with his career.

Zac Lomax is heading down the same path, only he has just signed a long-term deal with the club. The fact Mary dropped him after one okay game and shafted him to the wing speaks volumes about his mismanagement of the club’s best young talent.

Steve Masters is an impressive specimen but somehow couldn’t crack a side that ran 15th in 2019 yet Tim Lafai and Aitken held onto their spots like they were the best centres in the game, like Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier back in the day.

Jai Field scored a brilliant try on debut but was barely afforded any opportunities to cement his spot in the team thereafter.

Yet Mary remains as head coach after the laughable external review, conveniently done by his good mate Gus Gould.

There’s definitely something about Mary, but it ain’t good.

denis preston

First Grade
heres one way to be rid of supercoach and its financially better for the club

WAIT until the NRL decides on the new pay structure.. ( which reduces supercoach salary ) wait one day to make it official and then sack him.... cant be as huge a payout as it stands now

Surely all existing contract details must be honored ? It would be hard to dispute it in a court of law ?

denis preston

First Grade
I think the impending cuts also guarantees him that he serves out his entire contract.
Club announcement will be that Mc Fookknuckle is a "Saints Man" though & through and in such dire times it is necessary to have loyal people in key positions especially those directly dealing with the players and trumpet how he is willing to take a huge pay cut for the benefit of the playing group and the fans.
Mc Fookkncukle being the softcock he is will just accept the pay cut and be happy to keep moving on as there is no other employment opportunities for him anywhere.
A shit roster and a shit coach will be like a snug fitting glove or better still it will give you that warm feeling when you tread barefooted in a fresh dog turd.

You could also say the impending cuts ( getting rid of assistant coachs assistants & head office and football staff & general paid hangers on ) could allow the financial justification of releasing him. In the new post corona era it also may be an opportunity for the club to go to the NRL and attempt to get Flanagan's ban shortened so he can replace him.

hewi

Bench
Found this article from ROAR written by Adam Bagnall, DT should make him heir apparent to Buzz, that is of course if sycophant is not the major requirement for the position.
It was published just now.
Paul Kent and your other mate “I got my job because my brother is the boss Crawley”, you snivelling dipshits, this is how you report on McGregor

Dragons lose another star under Mary

Tyson Frizell’s exit to the Newcastle Knights is just another chapter in the book of Mary.

Paul McGregor is a coach who, simply by being a former player, has been given the golden ticket to guide the Dragons, the most famous rugby league club in the world.

Any other club would have punted Mary a couple of seasons ago, after the Dragons led the competition by as many as four points at one stage, only to crash and burn and not only miss the top four, but miss the finals altogether.

How does the club respond?

By handing Mary a shiny new contract, nervously throwing him a new deal lest another club pinch him from under their noses.

I guarantee no club was looking at Paul McGregor as a possible head coach.

So back to the Frizell fiasco.

He has headed to Newcastle looking for a premiership, which isn’t a joke, but it should be. The Knights aren’t winning anything anytime soon.

The reason Frizell has left the Dragons is he was very poorly managed by McGregor, too often used as a battering ram up the middle instead of a wide-running back-rower.

As a result, Frizell was nullified in games, not able to utilise his impressive athleticism to dominate like he should. Instead he’s been average to slightly above average for a few seasons now, but he’s not alone.

When Euan Aitken first arrived on the scene he was touted as a future NSW centre. Now he’s not even in the Dragons’ top 17.

Matt Dufty doesn’t know where he belongs and was reportedly heading overseas as he had become disillusioned with his career.

Zac Lomax is heading down the same path, only he has just signed a long-term deal with the club. The fact Mary dropped him after one okay game and shafted him to the wing speaks volumes about his mismanagement of the club’s best young talent.

Steve Masters is an impressive specimen but somehow couldn’t crack a side that ran 15th in 2019 yet Tim Lafai and Aitken held onto their spots like they were the best centres in the game, like Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier back in the day.

Jai Field scored a brilliant try on debut but was barely afforded any opportunities to cement his spot in the team thereafter.

Yet Mary remains as head coach after the laughable external review, conveniently done by his good mate Gus Gould.

There’s definitely something about Mary, but it ain’t good.

You read this and you realise how collectively brain dead, stupid or in group think the CEO and board must be. Gould sacked Hook cos he said he couldn’t win a premiership yet after 7 years gives this clown another chance.FFS.

Dragon David

First Grade
You read this and you realise how collectively brain dead, stupid or in group think the CEO and board must be. Gould sacked Hook cos he said he couldn’t win a premiership yet after 7 years gives this clown another chance.FFS.
I couldn't agree more. It is the most ludicrous thing that has dominated this Forum for over 8 seasons of league inclusive of the Price era. Poor old Pricey only had it good for about one and a half seasons and got the bullet. McGregor on the other hand, well as we all know, has been the lucky one to survive for this long and more.

The decisions to renew his contract over and over by what most of us consider to be an incompetent Board is so puzzling. As you said Hewi, Gould hooked Hook because he knew he couldn't win a premiership, the Board hooked Price after a season and a bit but keeps McGregor on. It is so dumbfounding and quizzical it is not funny. As the saying goes, it is not what you know it is who you know that matters. This suspension of games in 2020 has in my opinion helped McGregor to prolong his involvement at the club and to see out his last year in 2021 of what I think will be his last and there will be so much celebration by us all.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I too noticed that as l looked to see the latest on McPlayer-exit.

Andrew & the rest of the Board will have to pull on a jersey soon.

Waterboy, Turnstile & Andrew Gordon could be our outside backs & flick & spin & pass the buck all day long

Gordon has been a Dragons board member since 2006.

He is the principal reason Waterboy has remained, and should be feeling the most heat?

“Since taking ownership late in 2018, and installing Gordon's son Andrew as previous CEO Peter Doust's successor, the joint venture has undergone the worst season on and off the field in its history.”

Last edited:

Latest posts