What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh named greatest player to never win a grand final

Canard

Immortal
The NRL.com said it excluded Chris Close (among others) because he played the majority of his time in the BRL?

Completely and utterly incorrect, not even in the ballpark of a fact.

gUt

Coach
Andrew Johns, supposedly the greatest player ever, only won one. Makes you wonder.

From players I’ve seen, my team would be.

Fullback - Jarryd Hayne
Wingers - Nathan Blacklock, Manu Vatuvei
Centres - ET, Steve Rogers
5/8 - Trent Barrett
Halfback - Tom Raudonikis
Lock - Wayne Pearce
Second Row - Nathan Hindmarsh, Paul Sironen
Front Row - Steve Roach, James Graham.
Hooker - Ben Elias

I never saw Burge or Barnes play, but would be in their respective positions based on what I’ve read.

excluding English SL for Graham. If English Championships count, Possibly Les Davidson, Paul Rauhihi, can’t think of many other props.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
A lot of Parramatta fans must have voted or kids who haven't seen much league.

Steve Rogers of the players I've seen (from the 70s onwards) or one of the older legends (after all, one of them is considered an "immortal") would have to get the vote.

Someguy

First Grade

Fullback - Jarryd Hayne
5/8 - Trent Barrett
Lock - Wayne Pearce
Hooker - Ben Elias

I never saw Burge or Barnes play, but would be in their respective positions based on what I’ve read.

excluding English SL for Graham. If English Championships count, Possibly Les Davidson, Paul Rauhihi, can’t think of many other props.

agree with most of the team but Manu Vatuvei no way in hell!

Manu was the symbol of all that was wrong with the warriors organisation and why they would never win a premiership. Brilliant play some of the time but drop the ball or other such blunder at a key moment everyone has a chuckle and pats him on the back. Warriors seemed happy to put up with underperforming players and never strived to do better.

BadnMean

Juniors

Fullback - Jarryd Hayne
5/8 - Trent Barrett
Lock - Wayne Pearce
Hooker - Ben Elias

Outstanding team. I could definitely see them losing a GF even today.

Frailty

First Grade
NRL.com doing click bait articles...

Hindy was a good player. But he wasn't near everyone else listed in the article.