What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

TruSaint

Referee
@Frank Facer , again your conspiracies amount to nought.
Fact check before you post crap. Read the articles in their entirety and not what suits your agenda.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...uld-infect-you-with-the-disease-idUSKBN20W2FB

The unsubstantiated claims persist on multiple social media platforms and appear to be especially popular among anti-vaccination and QAnon bloggers and online commentators.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...dation-did-not-patent-coronavirus/2919503001/

QAnon Supporters And Anti-Vaxxers Are Spreading A Hoax That Bill Gates Created The Coronavirus

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...rs-and-anti-vaxxers-are-spreading-a-hoax-that

Last edited:

merahputih

Juniors
NRL coronavirus: RLPA action could lead to shock Jack de Belin return when NRL season restarts | Sporting News Australia. Exiled St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin could be cleared to return from his indefinite suspension before the NRL season restarts after the coronavirus hiatus, according to reports.
De Belin was the first player banned under the NRL’s controversial no-fault, stand-down policy last February.
Having already missed the entire 2019 season, De Belin’s case is now almost certain to be pushed back to 2021 due to further delays in the court system caused by social distancing rules.

Don't Know if the rest of the media reported this from "Sporting News"", I didn't notice the story anywhere else.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just had a look at Corona 19 app and noticed Korea don't have any reported corona virus infections ..... Wow
To my knowledge Nth Korea is one of the few countries in the world who doesn't have a Rothschild controlled central bank (reserve bank). They may not be under the same control that all of the other countries are.

merahputih

Juniors
All the conspiracy theories about Covid-19 are swamping my brain. I was almost convinced by the one about the meteorite landing in Wuhan last year containing a virus from Mars, but now I am leaning towards the 5G mobile transmissions one.

jeffdragon

Bench
C9 seething about comp restart.
Regarding being consulted.
Proves once and for all they run the game .
Put the game on if you can.
Better than most of the crap C9 put on by a country mile.

Frank Facer

First Grade
C9 seething about comp restart.
Regarding being consulted.
Proves once and for all they run the game .
Put the game on if you can.
Better than most of the crap C9 put on by a country mile.
I think Foxtel will be begging the NRL to be on as soon as possible. I think there are many who are cancelling their subscription due to no footy. I rang up to cancel mine last week and there was a one to two hour wait to get through. I didn't bother waiting. Sport is Foxtel's most important programs.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think there are many who are cancelling their subscription due to no footy. I rang up to cancel mine last week and there was a one to two hour wait to get through. I didn't bother waiting. Sport is Foxtel's most important programs.
Hang on, you said you rang up to cancel.

Why then when faced with spending 60-120 minutes of your time did you suddenly feel altruistic?

Dragon David

First Grade
I think Foxtel will be begging the NRL to be on as soon as possible. I think there are many who are cancelling their subscription due to no footy. I rang up to cancel mine last week and there was a one to two hour wait to get through. I didn't bother waiting. Sport is Foxtel's most important programs.
I cancelled mine through Telstra as I am a customer of that Corporation. Yes I had to wait for about an hour and someone from the Philippines or some Asian place answered and I was able to cancel. I know I won't be saving much ($29.00) per month, but better in my pocket than in Foxtel"s/Telstra's. When the league and golf etc come back on, then they can have my money again.

There is a lot of pressure being applied to have the games back on by the NRL, Fox, C9, media and the government by way of the Deputy Premier, John Barilaro. He is really talking it up to have the games return next month. C9 though has not been properly consulted about this so not happy and having a real dig at the NRL for squandering and mismanaging millions of funds over a number of years.

A lot of the goings on to have games played is a money thing, people also getting bored with no sport to keep them sane and to look forward to something. I still don't think that having a bubble accommodation arrangement and isolating the players from family and friends is a good thing as it could bring on other issues.

Social distancing will become part of our daily lives now that we are practising it in addition to much improved hygiene practices. So I think that the grounds will remain empty for quite a while until a vaccine becomes available for each and every one of us. Likewise, clubs, pubs restaurants, cafes etc will not have the ability to have hordes of people patronising these places for a significant time. I cannot wait though for this bloody drama to be over and we can get on with our lives - bring back normality to human beings!!

Latest posts