What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

taste2taste

Juniors
I agree. People are leaving traditional tv in droves.

My family has switched completely to Netflix and Amazon. The only reason I watch 9 is for the footy. That too, we actually stream off the 9 app.
You don't have to watch FTA live. All FTA channels have streaming with all their content.

News and sports are always the highest rating shows on FTA and until Netflix start showing news and sport FTA will always be relevant.

The media's cancerous relationship with the NRL is so unique and bizarre that it deserves its own film - preferably as a black comedy directed by the Cohen Brothers.

I can hear the closing monologue.

“Life is a funny thing. You make a few deals, a few friendships, & then they all kind of drift away in time.”

Fade to black on the 9 logo & Carter Burwell’s musical swell.

Quicksilver

Bench
You don't have to watch FTA live. All FTA channels have streaming with all their content.

News and sports are always the highest rating shows on FTA and until Netflix start showing news and sport FTA will always be relevant.

You can get news from anywhere online.

It’s now probably easier to get access to the internet than a television signal.

Netflix don’t have to do the news. They might need to make more stuff to put on in the background while you’re cooking dinner or something.

Sport is already transitioning over. This will inevitably be the first choice for consumers rather than the secondary method, purely because of the ease of access.

YoHadrian

Juniors
If league ends up within the Disney sphere, it’ll be interesting to see how they deal with players’ off field behaviour, given their decades cultivated squeaky-clean, wholesome image.

If anyone can conjure up a bunch of players dressed as Disney characters without pants doing a pub crawl & puking in public it's definitely the NRL.

siv

First Grade
If Ch7 get the rights when do they show RL when they are showing AFL on their main channels

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Ch7 get the rights when do they show RL when they are showing AFL on their main channels

They'd probably go back to the old days of a state split so AFL states would get the AFL game and NRL states the NRL game. Another good driver for Fox as fans outside two states who follow NRL will have no choice but to get Kayo.

Latest posts