What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope they both get through it. No doubt the RL community will get behind them.

My old man told me stories of Price, if he didn't have a black eye, broken rib or cut on the forehead after the game, he didn't play any good, which was very rare.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
“Parramatta coach Brad Arthur, whose side are top of the ladder after two rounds, asked his players if they were happy to train Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday. He was blown away by the response.

"We haven't got long [to the competition restart] so every day will count,'' Arthur told the Herald. "Our boys want to train Saturday and Sunday so we'll get two field sessions back to back.

"We'll only keep them for a couple of hours on Sunday. We'll do some video from Saturday's contact session, then get out on the field and let them get back to their families in the afternoon.

83ac8dfacacabda90a5323f9b3f3cc807e46ac39

Parramatta will train on Saturday and Mother's Day.AAP

"All the boys are on board. They know Sunday is a special day being Mother's Day, and we'll make sure they get the morning to spend with their loves ones. For a lot of them, they won't be able to see their mothers anyway. We'll give them Monday off.''

Arthur was impressed by how the Eels look physically, and stressed the importance of being able to resume full contact this weekend.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ev...ct-training-this-weekend-20200505-p54q08.html

hineyrulz

Post Whore
“Parramatta coach Brad Arthur, whose side are top of the ladder after two rounds, asked his players if they were happy to train Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday. He was blown away by the response.

"We haven't got long [to the competition restart] so every day will count,'' Arthur told the Herald. "Our boys want to train Saturday and Sunday so we'll get two field sessions back to back.

"We'll only keep them for a couple of hours on Sunday. We'll do some video from Saturday's contact session, then get out on the field and let them get back to their families in the afternoon.

83ac8dfacacabda90a5323f9b3f3cc807e46ac39

Parramatta will train on Saturday and Mother's Day.AAP

"All the boys are on board. They know Sunday is a special day being Mother's Day, and we'll make sure they get the morning to spend with their loves ones. For a lot of them, they won't be able to see their mothers anyway. We'll give them Monday off.''

Arthur was impressed by how the Eels look physically, and stressed the importance of being able to resume full contact this weekend.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ev...ct-training-this-weekend-20200505-p54q08.html
That article is very exciting!!!

Gronk

Staff member
I noted with interest that the comp on the official site for Sterlo's All Time bestest team plonked Hayne in the wingers and omitted him from the fullback slot.:thinking:

Avenger

Immortal
I noted with interest that the comp on the official site for Sterlo's All Time bestest team plonked Hayne in the wingers and omitted him from the fullback slot.:thinking:

Hayne really did shit on his legacy didn’t he ? It happens when you have a brain the size of a squirrel.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Because Sterlo want going to put players up for selection at multiple positions, if Hayne missed out at fullback he wouldn't be in the team.

Anyway I think wing was his best position.

Gronk

Staff member
Because Sterlo want going to put players up for selection at multiple positions, if Hayne missed out at fullback he wouldn't be in the team.

Anyway I think wing was his best position.

Dally M fullback of the year 2009 and 2014. How many Dally Ms did Thornett ever win ?

84 Baby

Referee
The problem was in making him nominate 6. Probably rattled off Taylor, Thornett and Hodgson quickly, ummed and ahhed about including Hayne at fullback or wing and then had to scroll old team lists to find anyone else. Based on that Sandow can probably count himself unlucky not to get a nomination

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dally M fullback of the year 2009 and 2014. How many Dally Ms did Thornett ever win ?
Radradra would've won Dally M awards at fullback. Most wingers would look better at fullback because they're more involved. It doesn't mean it's their best position. Look at Latrell Mitchell. He will get plenty of Dally M points when he gets used to the position, but he will always be better as an outside back. Fullback is just a way to get a quality winger more involved.

84 Baby

Referee
Radradra would've won Dally M awards at fullback. Most wingers would look better at fullback because they're more involved. It doesn't mean it's their best position. Look at Latrell Mitchell. He will get plenty of Dally M points when he gets used to the position, but he will always be better as an outside back. Fullback is just a way to get a quality winger more involved.
You reckon Semi would’ve won Dally M player of the year if he played fullback?

Not all great outside backs make great fullbacks. See Fergy Ferg. Same goes the other way round. See Barba/Preston Campbell

Gronk

Staff member

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You reckon Semi would’ve won Dally M player of the year if he played fullback?

Not all great outside backs make great fullbacks. See Fergy Ferg. Same goes the other way round. See Barba/Preston Campbell
I reckon the ones that don't stay at fullback are at good enough clubs that they don't need to play out of position.