What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Why I am sick of the NRL resumption before it starts.

webShark

1. The Mitchell and Carr crap
2. Players whingeing about pay.
3. Crap over can the Warriors be allowed to enter.
4. Channel 9 trying to get a cheapskate deal.
5. What a time to pick going to 1 referee.
6. The vaccination debacle.
7. Albury attitude to the Storm.
8. The Nathan Cleary beat up.

All this negativity after V'Landys keeps pulling rabbits out of hats.

Some of the above points have merit but as a game we are in a horrible mess.

My wife at work , over hears daily anti NRL comments which whilst being ridiculous have an element of truth.

My thoughts. Mitchell and Carr are both dicks far from being targeted for being indigenous got away lightly. Can't stand Mitchell. He says he can't turn down a request from his bro'd seriously. Can't believe Souths signed him. Addo Carr also hardly helps. He had behaviours issues when at the Sharks.

The pay rise was nothing but could have been handled better.

Warriors could always come as long as prepared to isolate and do if tough to keep earning big dollars.

Channel 9 always likely to get a reduction. Who wouldn't , the mess the game is in.

The referee thing shits me. I , like most, want 1 ref. But what timing to try and save a bit extra money now. Save more by flicking the bunker.

The vax thing. Don't care. Personally don't see why they need it but....

Albury, thx and goodbye.

Cleary , rap on knuckles.

taipan

Referee
1. The Mitchell and Carr crap
2. Players whingeing about pay.
3. Crap over can the Warriors be allowed to enter.
4. Channel 9 trying to get a cheapskate deal.
5. What a time to pick going to 1 referee.
6. The vaccination debacle.
7. Albury attitude to the Storm.
8. The Nathan Cleary beat up.

All this negativity after V'Landys keeps pulling rabbits out of hats.

Some of the above points have merit but as a game we are in a horrible mess.

My wife at work , over hears daily anti NRL comments which whilst being ridiculous have an element of truth.

My thoughts. Mitchell and Carr are both dicks far from being targeted for being indigenous got away lightly. Can't stand Mitchell. He says he can't turn down a request from his bro'd seriously. Can't believe Souths signed him. Addo Carr also hardly helps. He had behaviours issues when at the Sharks.

The pay rise was nothing but could have been handled better.

Warriors could always come as long as prepared to isolate and do if tough to keep earning big dollars.

Channel 9 always likely to get a reduction. Who wouldn't , the mess the game is in.

The referee thing shits me. I , like most, want 1 ref. But what timing to try and save a bit extra money now. Save more by flicking the bunker.

The vax thing. Don't care. Personally don't see why they need it but....

Albury, thx and goodbye.

Cleary , rap on knuckles.

It's rugby league, since it's birth never a dull day:-
It's been full of intrigue, politics, back stabbing, getting crapped on from low and great heights, had players who make morons look intelligent, had officials who couldn't run a school canteen, had racism. misogyny thrown around, had fans throw things at refs, had ocker commentators, had journos like Buzz,Hooper,Kent ,and the guy who wanted to crap down a fellow journos back looking for scandal, been rogered by media organisations, been ridiculed by members of the public ,been stuffed by a Nazi regime (with Rugby union lobbying)in France ,other than that everything in the garden is rosy.
And we get such positive (sic)types like Gus to really give the game a boost at game time.

I'm just waiting for an announcement that a Shark's player brought the original COVID-19 from Wuhan, and we get our salary cap cut in half as a result.
i wake up every morning living in fear and dread, rugby league has another atrocity lined up for public viewing.

Quigs

Immortal
I was still trying the get my fhar-can head around the Captains Call and the "excuse me Captain but where on the field would you like to have the scrum set?" and now all this shit happens.

And now ............... drum roll .............. we have yet another fhar-can rule change. Oh yeah and the launching of the Apollo Mercury Sputnik Mission with or without Fries. I forgot about that one.

Tell youse ...... "I don't like beer anymore"

Stake Removed

First Grade
I missed the game for 1st couple of weeks, but after that no concern, if it comes back this year so be it no concern anymore.

NRL soon to be an esport

shadowboxer

First Grade
I’ll be honest I have been bagging the return of the game for an age...but sitting on the lounge yesterday arfo half cut post Mother’s Day lunch and booze watching that channel 9 footy show thing.. I was a bit more positive and admitted I have missed it. Today in the cold light of Monday - yeah nah - only a jets game at Henson punching cans would satisfy my gods

Stake Removed

First Grade
Less then 3 weeks and no draw out by NRL, they talk about blockbuster games round 1, so who are we going to play to be the blockbuster game i would assume its the Dragons

coolumsharkie

Referee
I thought I'd miss it more than what I have, I guess when it's back on I'll be hooked again, who knows. Considering we are still without local watering holes, a game of footy would defo brighten up a weekend or 3.

I do now realise that if the Sharks fold that will definitely will be it for me, this year has proven it's not so bad.

Quigs

Immortal
I watch that bloody Worlds Most Beautiful Railways the other night and I'll tell youse what. I wish those bloody Scots would learn how to speak the Queens English. I couldn't understand half of what they were saying.

I watch that bloody Worlds Most Beautiful Railways the other night and I'll tell youse what. I wish those bloody Scots would learn how to speak the Queens English. I couldn't understand half of what they were saying.
Read the Trainspotting books or anything by Irvine Welsh in fact. You'll be fluent in "scottish" after that.

shaggs

Coach
I can’t wait. I’m sick of getting to Saturday arvo after doing my chores and looking for sometHong to do.

Mother’s Day I was half cut, my in laws left and I ended up watching worlds most dangerous truckers or some shit.

I’m even keen to possibly use my membership at the kogarah cesspit if we get that far ahead

carcharias

Immortal
I can’t wait. I’m sick of getting to Saturday arvo after doing my chores and looking for sometHong to do.

Mother’s Day I was half cut, my in laws left and I ended up watching worlds most dangerous truckers or some shit.

I’m even keen to possibly use my membership at the kogarah cesspit if we get that far ahead
We’ve been going on these mega walks through the bush then getting home and putting music on and drinking beers.
It’s been awesome.

Stake Removed

First Grade
As the days have turned into weeks i have not worried about them playing, its like the sand going through the hourglass