What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Clune

Dragonsamy

Bench
Clune handled it better than I expected, smashed a few blokes too. He could easily handle FG I reckon. I know it was only nines but the physicality didn't bother him at all. I think after watching him and Sullivan it is very clear Clune is well ahead of Sullivan at this stage especially in defence. Id be more than confident of him backing up in case of injury. Sullivan just needs a good season or two playing against men while working in the gym and he will ready.

Agree
As you would now Clune had already had 2 full season in the CC Cup as a part timer.
So he is having his first year as a full timer.
He has had time to get use to playing against men.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree
As you would now Clune had already had 2 full season in the CC Cup as a part timer.
So he is having his first year as a full timer.
He has had time to get use to playing against men.
Yeah I know he's been in the system a while I've watched him a fair few times. He reminds me of Matt Head a bit in that he doesn't look like much physically but is just a natural playmaker. Much better than the McCrones and the like we have had since Soward and Hornby left.

Dragon David

First Grade

Dragon David

First Grade
But he won’t have the balls to do it I reckon
If he doesn't then I hope that Norman sets up a few tries and scores himself. It will definitely be the time for Norman to show some worth for us. If he fails, then bring in Clune. If this happens and Clune shines, then it will be see you later Norman.

Crush

Coach
If he doesn't then I hope that Norman sets up a few tries and scores himself. It will definitely be the time for Norman to show some worth for us. If he fails, then bring in Clune. If this happens and Clune shines, then it will be see you later Norman.
Norman is a talented bloke but he doesn't seem all that fussed on winning. You look at the really good players and they tend to win a lot of games. His career has been pretty ordinary really.
Broncos 10th, 3rd, 8th, 12th
Parra 10th, 12th, 14th, 4th, 16th
SGI 15th
So we are paying 900K a year for a loser.

redv13

Bench
Norman is a talented bloke but he doesn't seem all that fussed on winning. You look at the really good players and they tend to win a lot of games. His career has been pretty ordinary really.
SGI 15th
Spot on!! He was a panic buy to replace Widdop. Didn’t see Parra fight to hard to retain him and that says it all. 900k :lemon:

George Dragon

Juniors
SGI 15th
Add to that Parra Broncos and STI have all had their worst ladder finishes while he was playing for them.
His overall win percentage is 44 with us 40 and 33 since 2018.

Coffs dragon

Bench
SGI 15th
Nailed it with Norman.
In a nutshell he has talent, but is lazy and seems to have a poor attitude. Overrated & way over paid. IMO a major dud signing by our club and we’ll be stuck with him as nobody else would take him.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
I’d like to see Norman in lafais centre spot next game. Clune goes into five eighth and hunt stays put. In a couple years, then have Sullivan go to five eighth and Clune takes halfback. Can’t see hunt staying beyond his contract, but he may well surprise us all.