What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

BLM01

First Grade
Watching the Broncos tonight I can’t see Graham being able to keep up with the play, new rules makes the game a lot faster.
The virtual crowd noise Fox is using is something new, they should have put some crowd shots in the coverage, but they tried that before.
Channel 9 did they same thing...meekly I might add
Graham is not the only one that will struggle..if a team is on a roll many will.
Parramatta had that much possession tonite if they were playing us it might of been a bit nasty to watch.

Belta

Juniors
I'm still not understanding the K SIMS on his last chance stuff. The guy is coming back from multiple injuries, to me he has an impact whenever he plays but the guy keeps getting screwed around with injury.
I reckon he will have a good season, I'm a fan.

I think the makeup of our side is close to the best it can be given our current roster. In terms of Korbin I like his selection at prop. If he has recovered, then him and Vaughan will bend the line more so than Vaughan and Graham. I think Korbins role will be to hit the ball up with some gusto. He was good at this early much like Fuimano and if he can in my mind his largely done his job. Someone’s finally convinced Mary that Graham doesn’t get the job done as a prop anymore. I actually like Graham at lock as he is a good ball player and a efficient and hard worker in defence but is easy contained in attack. We have good replacements, Kerr, Fiuamano and Lawrie. Hopefully Ford or Host replace Aitken. I think OT has some cause to be critical of Tariq, but I’d say many of our forwards were subpar due to a combination of injuries and real lack of spirit/belief or whatever went wrong. If the 17 players can find some mojo Tariq will step up also I’m sure.

Old Timer

Coach
Lol.. You and your “comprehension” comeback is like Mary & his tries from kicks defence. Comes out on when he’s on the backfoot and seen as complete tripe to everyone else except him.

Simple question - what will make you respect Tariq? 4 or 5 good games against a top 8 side,
Lol.. You and your “comprehension” comeback is like Mary & his tries from kicks defence. Comes out on when he’s on the backfoot and seen as complete tripe to everyone else except him.

Simple question - what will make you respect Sims? 4 or 5 good games against a top 8 side, or a whole solid year?

Or is your own comprehension failing?
You love to find ambiguity despite the obvious clarity of my position.

You do this on purpose to draw people into long convoluted exchanges where you love to use pedantry and other diversionary tactics in some vain effort to convince people how clever you are but you simply become argumentative and annoying.

My post in response to Crush clearly articulated what it will take for me to be convinced about his football playing ability as being better than I perceive it.

He has already had an upgrade but not to the level that Crush believes I should elevate him to.

In classical muzby style the answer to your question re me “respect Tariq” is I would need to meet him and get to know him and see him in different situations over some period of time maybe more than a year or two.

People don’t earn “my respect” by just being a footy player.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You love to find ambiguity despite the obvious clarity of my position.

You do this on purpose to draw people into long convoluted exchanges where you love to use pedantry and other diversionary tactics in some vain effort to convince people how clever you are but you simply become argumentative and annoying.

My post in response to Crush clearly articulated what it will take for me to be convinced about his football playing ability as being better than I perceive it.

He has already had an upgrade but not to the level that Crush believes I should elevate him to.

In classical muzby style the answer to your question re me “respect Tariq” is I would need to meet him and get to know him and see him in different situations over some period of time maybe more than a year or two.

People don’t earn “my respect” by just being a footy player.
Do you even know what question you are attempting to answer?

You manage to turn a simple one word answer into pages of abuse & dribble and still fail to answer a simple question about a player.

Whilst I appreciate that I should be paying rent for living inside your head like I am, can you please stop f**king up the game thread for everyone else?

Old Timer

Coach
Do you even know what question you are attempting to answer?

You manage to turn a simple one word answer into pages of abuse & dribble and still fail to answer a simple question about a player.

Whilst I appreciate that I should be paying rent for living inside your head like I am, can you please stop f**king up the game thread for everyone else?
Question: Why do you keep asking a question to which a more than adequate answer has already been provided? FFS you have even quoted it back to me.

Answer: Because you like muddy the waters by taking 2 different posts and the intents pertaining to them and try to turn them into 1 which obviously then confuses you. In your interests of being a pedant you manage to f**k things up in your own head and then keep badgering for an answer that you are already acquainted with.

At a suitable point in time (shouldn't take long) I will include a lack of perception on your part to the lack of comprehension that we already know about.

Lovely to see that you go back to the old chestnut about f**king up the thread when in fact it is you and your mock stupidity and your continued willingness to purposely antagonise that creates that situation.

Just so you can get it through your thick skull as to why the above is all relevant lets break it down for you.

In relation to what he needs to do to convince me of his ability I said

"He can prove me wrong by having a good year so good luck to him but he will need to be consistent as I don’t think a few good games and a few big hits cuts it for me like it does for others."

So why keep asking that question? Can you not understand plain English?

Most likely you want to deliberately confuse it with this post from Crush

"Tune in this Saturday at 3pm for a Sims brothers masterclass. Tariq is going to run riot on the edge."

and my corresponding answer

"Get back to me when he does it against 4 or 5 top 8 sides"

Crush obviously tried to impress me and get me to change my opinion re Sims Bros Inc (T in particular) in that he would run riot (give a master class) in 1 game against the Warriors.

My corresponding post obviously implied if he wants to boast he should get back to me when he does it consistently against top quality opposition rather than boasting he might do it against a beleaguered Warriors side far from home, far from good and with far from an imposing coach or starting side.

Now any reasonable person would be able to see most of if not all of that but you being blinkered and always poking the bear didn't want to even try and connect the dots.

The 2 statements I made are not ambiguous as you try to make them out to be.

They simply relate to 2 different sections and themes of a discussion / debate between Crush & myself.

The answer you keep asking was there for all to see except you.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Question: Why do you keep asking a question to which a more than adequate answer has already been provided? FFS you have even quoted it back to me.

Answer: Because you like muddy the waters by taking 2 different posts and the intents pertaining to them and try to turn them into 1 which obviously then confuses you. In your interests of being a pedant you manage to f**k things up in your own head and then keep badgering for an answer that you are already acquainted with.

At a suitable point in time (shouldn't take long) I will include a lack of perception on your part to the lack of comprehension that we already know about.

Lovely to see that you go back to the old chestnut about f**king up the thread when in fact it is you and your mock stupidity and your continued willingness to purposely antagonise that creates that situation.

Just so you can get it through your thick skull as to why the above is all relevant lets break it down for you.

In relation to what he needs to do to convince me of his ability I said

"He can prove me wrong by having a good year so good luck to him but he will need to be consistent as I don’t think a few good games and a few big hits cuts it for me like it does for others."

So why keep asking that question? Can you not understand plain English?

Most likely you want to deliberately confuse it with this post from Crush

"Tune in this Saturday at 3pm for a Sims brothers masterclass. Tariq is going to run riot on the edge."

and my corresponding answer

"Get back to me when he does it against 4 or 5 top 8 sides"

Crush obviously tried to impress me and get me to change my opinion re Sims Bros Inc (T in particular) in that he would run riot (give a master class) in 1 game against the Warriors.

My corresponding post obviously implied if he wants to boast he should get back to me when he does it consistently against top quality opposition rather than boasting he might do it against a beleaguered Warriors side far from home, far from good and with far from an imposing coach or starting side.

Now any reasonable person would be able to see most of if not all of that but you being blinkered and always poking the bear didn't want to even try and connect the dots.

The 2 statements I made are not ambiguous as you try to make them out to be.

They simply relate to 2 different sections and themes of a discussion / debate between Crush & myself.

The answer you keep asking was there for all to see except you.
Seriously mate, your rants are simply ruining the forum experience for everyone else.

If you can’t carry on a simple conversation about the team & it’s players, that’s your issue, not mine or for anyone else to have to deal with.

Enjoy your afternoon.

slippery5

Juniors
Channel 9 did they same thing...meekly I might add
Graham is not the only one that will struggle..if a team is on a roll many will.
Parramatta had that much possession tonite if they were playing us it might of been a bit nasty to watch.
I thought the crowd noise was played by the stadium speakers, was it not ???
I'm just glad they didn't play "Let's go Bronco's"

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't get talked out of it so easily.
All hail Dragon David I say.
What I should have said in response to Muzby's post is - I had not seen the overseas sports where they had the sound/crowd effects and my post at the time was something that I thought the broadcasting people could bring in to make the atmosphere better for the tv viewers of our rugby league competition.

So Muzby, go jump!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What I should have said in response to Muzby's post is - I had not seen the overseas sports where they had the sound/crowd effects and my post at the time was something that I thought the broadcasting people could bring in to make the atmosphere better for the tv viewers of our rugby league competition.

So Muzby, go jump!
No need for me to jump anywhere, my post is still quite relevant.

I’m confident that your individual post was not the source of inspiration for the cardboard crowd idea for the NRL.

TruSaint

Referee
I had not seen the overseas sports where they had the sound/crowd effects and my post at the time was something that I thought the broadcasting people could bring in to make the atmosphere better for the tv viewers of our rugby league competition.

The crowd dummy concept was done in empty stadia in South Korea for their football.
In Gemany, the Bundesliga also uses noise effects in empty stadiums.

Both were before the NRL.

Dragon David

First Grade
No need for me to jump anywhere, my post is still quite relevant.

I’m confident that your individual post was not the source of inspiration for the cardboard crowd idea for the NRL.
I understand that, seeing that it was being used in overseas sports before the NRL and therefore our broadcasters adopted it now, but when I did bring this up at the start of the no crowd competition in March, it was something I genuinely thought would be a good idea for the broadcasters to adopt without my knowledge that it had already been done overseas in countries as mentioned by TruSaint.

Old Timer

Coach
Seriously mate, your rants are simply ruining the forum experience for everyone else.

If you can’t carry on a simple conversation about the team & it’s players, that’s your issue, not mine or for anyone else to have to deal with.

Enjoy your afternoon.
Please never refer to me as mate as that is never going to be the case.

You only call it a rant because you don't like someone giving it back to you for your contemptuos behaviour and calling you out for what you are.

It is a proven fact that your intervention into posts between others very often derails the thread and leads into an abyss and then you accuse others of exactly that.

You are a very common denominator in arguments in this place and you try to bully others into submission, well with me that will never work.

Simple conversations are made complicated by your smart arse antics & tactics as pointed out to you in the very eloquent response I gave and yet again I see you took the bail out position rather than deal with the real issues and answer the questions put to you.

So put your Tariq and Ben Hunt dolls back in your cot, have a nappy change, have a nice warm bottle and good sleep and maybe you will be a bit more mature tomorrow and you might be able to understand things a bit better.

By the way just in case you were wondering Tariq might convince me I am not 100% correct about how I see his performances for the club if he has a very strong and competitive season this year.

Dragon David

First Grade
Getting back to this thread, the journos have said that we haven't played on the Central Coast since the year 2000 in a game that we lost against the Northern Eagles. I hope that this is not going to bring us down against the Warriors. This game is a must win by both clubs and while I could be negative to say that a loss by us will help in some way to rid us of Mary, I would like to see us win and win convincingly in this match and many of the matches we are destined to play this year.
Cheers!

getsmarty

Immortal
webbanner.jpg

TEAM LISTS

24-hour warning: Round 3 v New Zealand Warriors
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 29 May 2020, 03:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 3 clash against the New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday, May 30.

Jacob Host and Jackson Ford have dropped out of the initial 21-man squad named on Tuesday.

Skipper Cameron McInnes (knee), Korbin Sims (arm), Tariq Sims (suspension) and Mikaele Ravalawa (quad) are all been named to start, having missed the Dragons' Round 2 clash against the Penrith Panthers back in March.

Matt Dufty retains his spot at fullback, with Zac Lomax shifting to the centres in place of Tim Lafai.

Jacob Host, Trent Merrin and Billy Brittain come off the interchange; replaced by Tyrell Fuimaono and Blake Lawrie (who both started in Round 2) as well as Euan Aitken. Issac Luke has also not been named.

It looks like you may be using adblocking software to view this site.

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

McGregor: November Origin a boost for Dragons

NRL squad for Round 3 v New Zealand Warriors:
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Baytek Construction
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Nutrition Station
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by TripADeal
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. Korbin Sims – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX

Interchange:
14. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
18. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
19. Adam Clune

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/05/29/nrl-team-round-3-v-new-zealand-warriors/

redv13

Bench
webbanner.jpg

TEAM LISTS

24-hour warning: Round 3 v New Zealand Warriors
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 29 May 2020, 03:00 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 3 clash against the New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday, May 30.

Jacob Host and Jackson Ford have dropped out of the initial 21-man squad named on Tuesday.

Skipper Cameron McInnes (knee), Korbin Sims (arm), Tariq Sims (suspension) and Mikaele Ravalawa (quad) are all been named to start, having missed the Dragons' Round 2 clash against the Penrith Panthers back in March.

Matt Dufty retains his spot at fullback, with Zac Lomax shifting to the centres in place of Tim Lafai.

Jacob Host, Trent Merrin and Billy Brittain come off the interchange; replaced by Tyrell Fuimaono and Blake Lawrie (who both started in Round 2) as well as Euan Aitken. Issac Luke has also not been named.

It looks like you may be using adblocking software to view this site.

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

McGregor: November Origin a boost for Dragons

NRL squad for Round 3 v New Zealand Warriors:
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by Baytek Construction
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Nutrition Station
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by TripADeal
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. Korbin Sims – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX

Interchange:
14. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
18. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
19. Adam Clune

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/05/29/nrl-team-round-3-v-new-zealand-warriors/
Standard muppet Mcflop. Drops the 2 young backrowers with big motors that could give us a big chance defensively and both have big minutes in them and instead he will flog a 34 year old ( who has a heart like phar Lap ) Lawrie who is a slug and heaven help us his love child mr can’t pass :face_palm_tone1:♂️

LINESPEED

Juniors
Standard muppet Mcflop. Drops the 2 young backrowers with big motors that could give us a big chance defensively and both have big minutes in them and instead he will flog a 34 year old ( who has a heart like phar Lap ) Lawrie who is a slug and heaven help us his love child mr can’t pass :face_palm_tone1:♂️

So Turnstile’s in the squad of 19 as McFuc/ked reaches yet again for the self-destruct button and the Comedy of Errors begins Scene140

Latest posts